Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1507289 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3705 on: June 03, 2012, 01:32:45 pm »

Vamps used to show their kill list, but it was a bug.  They will normally hide their history of fleeing from one group/fortress to another as well, so you got lucky having it display all that to give you a clue. :D

Dear Alligators of the stream The Convenient Whiskers:

Did you really have to attack our wagon before we had even had a chance to unload it? (6 Granite for those that wondered - you embark on 1 Granite. *sigh*)  I don't really mind your having killed one of the two dogs, though she would have been helpful later, but its a bit inconvenient to have you chasing my fisherdwarf and jeweler around the map while the miners are trying to dig us a place to hide from the zombies that are sure to arrive in a few months.  I will be needing them to help erect the wooden palisade that will be surrounding the portion of the hilltop we will be defending.

Likot Ushulzasit,
Expedition Leader for Inethroldeth “Cityanguished”
of Tangathurdim “The Trampled Towers”

Now I just need to figure out if I let the 'gator chase them around while I get needed stuff done or try and get the miners/woodcutters to try and kill it.  *sigh*
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: June 03, 2012, 01:39:51 pm »

Time to test the submerging mayor's office out on this vampire then. May as well make the most of an eternal fortress eh? Might throw a few carp in there to keep him company =P

Dear Urist McCarpenter

Urrithtusung Gar Sholid Scarconjures the Destroyer of Clutches, a willow chair. That is possibly the most badass piece of furniture I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Welcome to your new office, private workshops, the lot. Thank you for not making another thong that menaces with spikes.

yours,
Morpha
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: June 03, 2012, 03:06:13 pm »

Dear Ten Militia Drudges of Gladgilt:

Kill the rutherer more efficiently, please.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: June 03, 2012, 03:16:21 pm »

ObeseHelmet, sir,

We're trainin'!  We've come to the 'clusion that weap'ns is fer wusses, and are trainin' up 'r fists o' doom! ... sir.

The Militia Drudges of Gladgilt
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: June 03, 2012, 03:48:14 pm »

Dear dwarves of DakostDastot,

Please stop jumping into the contaminated river.

Yours truly,

Your annoyed overseer.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: June 03, 2012, 03:50:22 pm »

Dear crundles of Ultrablue,

Stop harrasing my women, bugging my miners, and flirting with my woodcutters. I dont need any of that, I already killed alot of you, and I dont want to train my army on worthless beings like you.

With hate love, your kobold overseer.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: June 03, 2012, 03:53:08 pm »

ObeseHelmet, sir,

We're trainin'!  We've come to the 'clusion that weap'ns is fer wusses, and are trainin' up 'r fists o' doom! ... sir.

Actually they are just ten random haulers drafted into a spontaneous wrestler militia because I don't have a real militia yet.

Dear crundles of Ultrablue,

Stop harrasing my women, bugging my miners, and flirting with my woodcutters. I dont need any of that, I already killed alot of you, and I dont want to train my army on worthless beings like you.

With hate love, your kobold overseer.

Corai, you would see it that way. :o

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: June 03, 2012, 04:27:08 pm »

Dear Minerdorf

What? How? I'm confused... and scared.

-holy fuckwad what,
Your overseer.

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: June 03, 2012, 04:55:47 pm »

Dear Elven Ambush,

We've been living in the haunted forest for two years, subsisting on red meat and poisoned water.
Did you really think we would just lie down and let you kill us?

Sincerely, the victorious overseer of dakostdastot, "Floorswords".

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: June 03, 2012, 05:00:23 pm »

Dear Urist,

You are a goddamn legendary miner. With a pick. I am the one who locked you in your bedroom.

Now, the legions of hell are rampaging outside that door. Literally. We dug into the underworld and unleashed a horde of demons onto the fortress and now the inside of the fort.

If you don't tunnel into your nice smooth wall right now, you and everyone else in this entire fortress will die.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: June 03, 2012, 05:07:11 pm »

Dear Urist,

You are a goddamn legendary miner. With a pick. I am the one who locked you in your bedroom.

Now, the legions of hell are rampaging outside that door. Literally. We dug into the underworld and unleashed a horde of demons onto the fortress and now the inside of the fort.

If you don't tunnel into your nice smooth wall right now, you and everyone else in this entire fortress will die.
Check his burrow. It needs to feature the wall to be dug and a space to dig from.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:11:03 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: June 03, 2012, 05:11:45 pm »

ObeseHelmet, sir,

Actually they are just ten random haulers drafted into a spontaneous wrestler militia because I don't have a real militia yet.

I SEE THE PROBLEM.

Dear Splint,
I know this note's a bit late, seeing as I've already posted the update bearing the record of your idiocy, but still...why did you deconstruct part of the track, while still on the plant, and not move when someone started to push the cart down the track? Frankly, I'm impressed that you didn't fall to your death.

Sincerely,
GreatWyrmBrass, expedition leader of Zonnish Kukon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: June 03, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »

Dear GreatWyrmBrass

I spaced out ok? Wasn't really thinking. How I didn't die is anyone's guess and even I'm suprised by it.

Signed,
Splint.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: June 03, 2012, 06:00:32 pm »

Well, Splint, I'm glad you survived.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: June 04, 2012, 12:38:43 am »

To the Mountainhome

STOP SENDING MIGRANTS!

I don't have the beds or food supply to feed them all yet and most of the current population are busy building my latest engineering obscenity.

Sincerely;

The Overlordseer of Wardedfigure
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 504