Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1487121 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4455 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:13 pm »

Dear genome engravers,

The future magmaworks pipes are not the ideal place to nap.  Stop having sleepover parties down there.

Sincerely,
your overseer.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: October 12, 2012, 02:45:58 am »

Dear Urist McMechanic

Congratulations, your work is over. All Athelurosh technologies remain operational up to 4,000 Kelvin. Rest assured that there is absolutely no chance of a dangerous equipment malfunction prior to your victory candescence. Thank you for participating in this Athelurosh computer aided trap building activity. Goodbye.

With Love,
The Overseer

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: October 12, 2012, 02:52:58 am »

dear uristmcsergalspretendingtobedwarfs

Please stop having children, 4 is enough per family one of our mothers has 14 kids I think the fortress population is content.

- Sincerely rawmancer overseer
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: October 12, 2012, 01:48:48 pm »

Dear Urists McUselesskids
Stop tantrumming because you have no clothes! We cannot produce any cloth at this point. Your parents are wearing like twenty items each, steal some from them.

P.S. Stop killing everyone you meet. I'm keeping an eye on you. If you start building an altar to He Who Walks Behind The Rows, I will turn on the Happy Fun Surprises machine.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: October 12, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »

Dear Urists McUselesskids
Stop tantrumming because you have no clothes! We cannot produce any cloth at this point. Your parents are wearing like twenty items each, steal some from them.

P.S. Stop killing everyone you meet. I'm keeping an eye on you. If you start building an altar to He Who Walks Behind The Rows, I will turn on the Happy Fun Surprises machine.

I would rejoice to see the world's first badass child's pagan fort.  Blood and corn for the Blood God!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Zaffre

• Bay Watcher
  • Thou hath uncivil weaponry and an unclean mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: October 12, 2012, 04:01:46 pm »

Dear Urist McFarmer,

There is no reason for you to leave the barrels of wine out that are from the wagon. You're the only one not doing something important already. Your turnips can wait for a little while.

Sincerely,
Urist McBrokerBookkeeperLeaderManager

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: October 12, 2012, 04:04:04 pm »

Dear secretive miner,

The fact you knew I was thinking of building a mill when you made that millstone disturbs me. But thanks for the millstone.

Signed,
The Overseer.

zhrike

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: October 12, 2012, 04:09:33 pm »

Dear Urist McLegendaryWoodCrafterPoorNappingDecisionDwarf:

Thank you for deciding to take a snooze in an obstructed corner of a dingy wood stockpile instead of your meager quarters. Perhaps you were protesting the "meager." What do you want from me? I was busy. In any event, you chose that particular moment when the suspicious Urist McVampire  fish dissector/planter/fisherdwarf/macedwarf/swordsdwarf/outgoing social butterfly with a list of past associations that would make Methuselah blush, and this all at the tender age of FORTY, decided to go on break. I was watching, oh yes I was, but what oh what could I do when he happened upon you in your poorly chosen nap site? And yes, you were drained of blood right before my very eyes. So thanks for that.

And this just a month after one of my Urista McLegendaryMiners was found dead in her quarters; the victim of another vampire that I discovered just moments after the crime. Now I have two vampires penned up in rooms behind locked doors just waiting for the chance to go on break and have that drink that they haven't had in far, far too long.

p.s. Dear Urist McVampires: thank you both for choosing my fortress as your buffet immigration target. You can rest assured that I was quite shocked that I got two such illustrious additions in successive migrant waves taking my population to 48, and 57 (now 55), respectively. You can also rest assured that you will be on cavern expedition duty once I figure out how to get you down there without losing another legendary napper. Either that or atom smasher fodder.

Love, your overseer.

Voyd211

• Bay Watcher
  • I am and I am not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: October 14, 2012, 08:20:56 pm »

Urist McMiner

I have a very special task for you. It involves tracing a neat outline of channel around the entirety of the fortress, then carving out a cavern filling in that outline below the fortress. The reclamation party will fill the crater with inflammable objects an magma.

Sincerely, your pyromaniac Overseer who can't figure out how to burn anything and needs some other devastation to compensate
Apparently, I am the first person to ever say "Screw You in All Your Finery."

!!SCIENCE!! team has vapor for brains.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: October 14, 2012, 08:32:18 pm »

Dear rhesus macaques,

Trying to storm my depot, which is directly within eyesight of my swordbold muster field, is a good way to become coats, loincloths and soup. Please continue your incessant attacks, as you're a good source of bones and meat in large numbers.

Thank you,
Overmind of this kobold camp.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:49 pm »

Dear humans,

You have armed guards. With metal weapons. I have less than six soldiers, who only have copper clubs or choppers. Are you just trying to be nice by allowing me to steal all your stuff, or are you really that scared of us?

Love, the overseer of this kobold camp. Corai.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue admires magical items for their shininess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: October 14, 2012, 08:41:53 pm »

Dear Stupid Pony,

I sent you to kill a Diamond Dog that tried to steal a cinnabar scepter. You instead decided to go fight a rhinoceros after you failed to kill the Dog. I can understand the need to prove you still have balls but really?

Oh well, you paid for it with your life. You were good carpenter, too.
Blue cancels Type Coherent Post: Crying Over Fictional Characters

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: October 14, 2012, 10:31:06 pm »

Dear Urist McLegendaryFoundingCarpenter-

Look man, I'm sorry you got stuck in that hole in the roof with the broker. I'm sure two seasons of isolation up there with him in that one tile gave you plenty of time to get to know one another.

still, that doesn't give you an excuse to die of thirst.  Drink your piss or something, I need every dwarf that arrives here!

Yours, That Omniprescent Prick in the Sky

Dear OPitS,

My name was Urist McLegendaryFoundingCarpenter, not Urist McBearGrylls :P

Signed,

the now-named Urist McDead

Dear Dorfs of Firegears,

All things considered (back to back siege, ambush, bigger siege of 40 goblins and their buddies and Lawgiver), you're doing okay.  We've lost additional people due to stupid bugs (uninjured dwarves getting stuck on nothing at all and dying of thirst), insanity, and incompetence (on my part, admittedly).  But for the love of magma, ENGRAVE THOSE ARMOK-DAMNED SLABS!  Appropriate labors are enabled.  I turned off hauling etc, there's plenty of slabs, things are accessible, and you craftsdwarves just stand around with your beards up your asses.

Okay, fine.  You'd rather haul (as evidenced by your bursting into activity when I turned hauling back on) than prevent this from turning into a haunted fort.  Enjoy your ghostly friends.

Annoyed,

Me

You know slab engraving is done with engraving, not stonecarving right?

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: October 15, 2012, 02:19:21 am »

Dear Corai.

D'aaaaawwww....Look at the adorable 'bolds stealing our noble's junk.... Maybe they'll steal the noble next.

Those Human Guards
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: October 15, 2012, 02:36:15 am »

Dear Corai.

D'aaaaawwww....Look at the adorable 'bolds stealing our noble's junk.... Maybe they'll steal the noble next.

Those Human Guards
☼Prepared Human King☼
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 504