Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1490814 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5415 on: November 11, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »

How did your recruit get killed by a vermin fish?

Thrown item?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: November 12, 2013, 12:08:13 am »

A kea man wielding it?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: November 12, 2013, 02:01:27 am »

And now for something completly different...
*salmon slap!*
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: November 12, 2013, 08:14:36 am »

It may have been a different fish. It was something that shouldn't have been able to kill him.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: November 12, 2013, 08:51:07 am »

It may have been a different fish. It was something that shouldn't have been able to kill him.

MILKFISH!
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: November 12, 2013, 09:16:46 am »

Did the fisherdwarf die via drowning or as a result of wounds? Though I suppose a fish could always get a lucky shot to the skull, what with the paper thin skulls right now.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: November 12, 2013, 09:32:28 am »

MILKFISH!
That was it.
Did the fisherdwarf die via drowning or as a result of wounds? Though I suppose a fish could always get a lucky shot to the skull, what with the paper thin skulls right now.
The fish did some good damage to the dwarf, but he eventually died from drowning.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: November 12, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »

Dear Urist McJeweler,
Stop being such a whining tantrumthrower. If you hate the cavern floor so much, use the bed in the nice, relatively large room I assigned you. Seriously, do so or I'll create a kill command and then proceed to designate your room.
Your maniacal Overseer
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: November 13, 2013, 01:01:48 am »

A FUCKING LARGE ASS NOTE TO URIST MCFISHERDWARF:

NEXT TIME I TURN ON FASTDWARF, REMIND ME TO TELL YOU NO FISHING. SERIOUSLY, THAT'S A FUCKTON OF FISH.

On the bright side, you are now an unofficial noble. I crown you Crayfish King of FishFort, Fishy Fort of Fish. Seriously. That is a lot of fish.

-Your slightly irritated, but also extremely happy overseer.
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.

CitationXIV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: November 13, 2013, 05:22:32 am »

ATTN: Urist McDiagnostician, UristMcSurgeon, Urist McNurse and UristMcChiefMedicalDwarf,

Your complete failure to attend to the two severely injured dwarves waiting in the hospital has been noted in your files. That the first dwarf succumbed to her wounds and the second died of thirst has also been noted. I know you can perform your tasks. I know the hospital is functional. I will take this moment to commend you on patching up the other two wounded dwarves. But that did not give you permission to then loiter in the dining hall with "no job" for three full seasons.

Do it again and you will all be reassigned to the Goblin Hygiene Chamber to open the cages by hand prior to their next inundation. As it is, you are all back on hauling duty for now, and the hematite isn't going to move down 100 z-levels to the magma smelters by itself.

ATTN: Urist McBroker

No, by all means, have a nap. For the whole season. It's not like the human caravan is going anywhere while we're under siege.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: November 13, 2013, 08:49:15 am »

Dear dwarves.

please clean the dwarven bathtub. there is some frozen extract in there that's rotting all of out free range animals. Even though you are unaffected by it, rotting has caused a lot of miasma in the meeting halls, lowering dwarven morale. I know how much you love your cats. so please clean the bathtub or their skin rots off.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:26 am »

Dear, Urist mcCheesemaker,

Get out.

Signed, Urist McOverseer
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: November 13, 2013, 12:11:27 pm »

Get out.

Signed, Urist McOverseer

From Urist McCheeseMaker, to my beloved overseer:
B't ae' dinnae' have anywhere else tae' go! An' if I gae' bach' tae' th' mountaenhome', ae'll bae' executed faer' naet' dooin' me' job! An' if ye' dinnae' like me, put me tae' work dae'n somethin' mae're useful! Laek' haulin', er' stone smoothin'!

-Urist McCheeseMaker

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: November 13, 2013, 04:37:46 pm »

Dear Dwarven Child #18

Listen, when I say get in the fortress, I mean, get in the goddamn fortress. That 165 ton bronze man chasing you wants to kill the living crap out of you. And he did. Because you're an idiot.

Thankfully, despite being a full 50 feet high and weighing 165 tons, he's stuck in a wooden cage, saving the rest of the fortress from his wrath.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: November 14, 2013, 09:13:55 pm »

Get out.

Signed, Urist McOverseer

From Urist McCheeseMaker, to my beloved overseer:
B't ae' dinnae' have anywhere else tae' go! An' if I gae' bach' tae' th' mountaenhome', ae'll bae' executed faer' naet' dooin' me' job! An' if ye' dinnae' like me, put me tae' work dae'n somethin' mae're useful! Laek' haulin', er' stone smoothin'!

-Urist McCheeseMaker

OFFICIAL DOCUMENT FROM OVERSEER URIST MCOVERSEER

DWARF URIST MCCHEESEMAKER, YOU ARE NOW NO LONGER A CHEESMAKER WITHIN THIS FORT. IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE TO LIVE WITHIN THESE WALLS, PLEASE GO TALK WITH THE DWARVEN THERAPIST FOR RE-EVALUATION. YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT SCHEDULED AS SOON AS I TAB OUT TO USE DWARF THERAPIST(tm).

SIGNED,

Urist Mcoverseer, overseer of DwarfBurned, Barony of the West
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 504