Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1507637 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5565 on: January 20, 2014, 04:10:17 pm »

Dear Over *smear as one of the undead's fingers has fallen off whilst writing*

We ~n't have any way to get in to your fort. We may be morticidal, but we like to have a chance at acquiring brains to eat. And none of this stereotypical moaning nonsense. None of our limbs rot off, so why should our vocal cords?

Undead #17
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:13:17 am by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

JTTCOTE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: January 21, 2014, 12:52:22 am »

Dear Mayor,
Why do you mandate construction of large gems, then forbid exporting them? You're not even a jeweler, you're a weaponsmith..what?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: January 21, 2014, 08:34:46 am »

Dear Mayor,
Why do you mandate construction of large gems, then forbid exporting them? You're not even a jeweler, you're a weaponsmith..what?

Dear Overseer,

I am merely trying to stimulate the economy. And before you answer, I do believe that the goblin believe that we still believe in economy. Many more has been approaching us since I started mandating all those gems. My stock of scrap iron has never been so large.

Also, I love gems.

Sincerely,
Urist McGemlover

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: January 23, 2014, 01:46:59 am »

A note to Stallion Mcmetalsmith/fisherpony:

For future reference, we do not fish here. Do you want to know WHY we don't fish here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's why. Because there's big green clouds of radioactive dust. That usually turns ponies into corpses. And you're useful. You can smith. So next time I catch you outside for a stupid reason, I'm leaving you out there to get eaten by a radscorpion.

Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: January 24, 2014, 03:38:53 pm »

Dear Urist

Next time you see one of the militia captains bleeding out on a cavern floor, please feel free to take him to a designated hospital instead of running to get the other guy's socks of his corpse.

Sincerely, your Overseer.

P.S.
-to the hidden necromancer in my fort:
STOP. ANIMATING. MUSSEL. SHELLS.

no one could have anticipated this

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: January 24, 2014, 03:58:34 pm »

A note to Stallion Mcmetalsmith/fisherpony:

For future reference, we do not fish here. Do you want to know WHY we don't fish here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's why. Because there's big green clouds of radioactive dust. That usually turns ponies into corpses. And you're useful. You can smith. So next time I catch you outside for a stupid reason, I'm leaving you out there to get eaten by a radscorpion.

Dear OverMare/OverStallion,

But its what my Cutie Mark is telling me!

Yours, StallionMcFisherPoni

Dear Urist

Next time you see one of the militia captains bleeding out on a cavern floor, please feel free to take him to a designated hospital instead of running to get the other guy's socks of his corpse.

Sincerely, your Overseer.

P.S.
-to the hidden necromancer in my fort:
STOP. ANIMATING. MUSSEL. SHELLS.

Dear Mr.Mountain,

Never, fool! Do you not know you deal with the master of hiding!
"Babmo Bibrundo!"
There, another shell for you to play with!

Yours, MAREasmus the Necromancer
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: January 24, 2014, 10:44:40 pm »

Dear mayor,
When you mandate that i make stupid crap, and it isn't made- don't blame the ACTIVE DUTY military. It's not the militia commander's job to make gauntlets. He kills the zombies to keep you safe. Sending the useless fortress guard to try to beat him up is not productive. Go beat one of the metalworkers if someone really needs beaten.
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: January 25, 2014, 04:35:58 pm »

Dear Urist McLeverPuller,

After yelling and berating you in my frustration over your reluctance to pull the lever when the siege forces came, I later realized that your laziness allowed all of our citizens and pets to make it into the fortress while just barely keeping the goblins, blizzard men, and trolls out.

So, I am not apologizing, but I am also your overseer for a reason. I am willing to accept the risk that pulling the lever early might cause us to lose one or more dwarves or pets. It's why all of our children and legendary status dwarves are permanently assigned to a burrow that doesn't let them exit the drawbridge (after losing our legendary mechanic...sigh).

So please pull the lever when I ask you to. Or else I might put you outside before pulling it next time.
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: January 25, 2014, 05:21:35 pm »

Dear Urist McChampionSwordsMaster

Yes I understand your stress, I agree it's painful to see your first son die and your second son to get drafted into cavern spelunking duty. I also remember the last werecreature debacle and how your wife is now in quarantine and how your last squad got slaughtered before your very eyes. I understand how you are in need of some long down time but this does not mean you are able to abandon your comrades in the heat of a violent siege to drown out your sorrows. You're depression cost us several soldiers and collateral from their families will cost us greatly.

Next time wait until AFTER battle, or I'll send you to the pits

-Management of Fort Defense

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: January 27, 2014, 07:48:49 pm »

Dear Urist,

Stop standing in the spot where you're trying to build a wall. YOU'RE THE CREATURE BLOCKING THE SITE!

Regards,
Overlady
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: January 27, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »

Dear Maim Overlady;

I Can't.  You see, I have to climb the wall to complete it, being of average height.  I bet though, if you told us to stop making it and then reassigned it right after somebody else would have more luck. 

Urist
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: January 27, 2014, 08:02:07 pm »

Dear kobolds of Starus,
Trying to sneak into the fort through the barracks of the most elite squad in the fortress really isn't a good idea.

Yours,
Overseer of Wirejade

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: January 27, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »

Dear Sea Lamprey

Fuck you

~Flamentsuyo, Fisherdwarf of Trumpetone.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #5578 on: January 27, 2014, 09:17:26 pm »

Dear Wizard Merchants,

*sigh* You silly, silly bastards. Do you not test these spells down the archery range before the Guild sends you out? I moved the trade depot some considerable distance from the front door after the second time you scattered fellow merchants, local residents and beasts of burden like ninepins to take out one kobold thief. Charitably, I put these accidents down to the fact that the original depot was in a narrow dead-end valley, and you might simply be inexperienced when it comes to what some of those spells can do up close.

I was going to build a guard tower around it and station some marksdwarves there to provide security, but I'm rethinking that in light of the fact you managed to kill three -oh fucksake- seven of yourselves killing two charging goblins while standing in a new depot in a completely empty field. I'm still trying to work out exactly how you did that, but clearly it would behoove me to stick to an open-plan trade depot, because I can do without blood splatters all over the walls and ceiling; it tends to make sales negotiations rather strained.

And how in the name of all that's holy and a great many things that aren't did you manage to start another forest fire with an inch of snow on the ground?

Credit where credit's due, though, turning that goblin squad leader into a scarecrow was pretty cool.

Yours,

The increasingly world-weary Avatar of Armok to the Barony of Zustarek
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:26:13 pm by Jake »
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 02, 2014, 03:44:22 am »

Dear Bearded Drunks of FurnaceClans,

This is your Overfiend.  I appreciate the fine work you've put into our fort for the last 30 years, but by the Blood of Armok, you're losing your minds in the hole.  Look, I get that it's faster to just stuff the wheelbarrow into the minecart instead of taking the rock out of it and putting THAT in the minecart.  I'm actually okay with that.

However, something must have recently gotten into the liquor, because you're spamming me to death with the wheelbarrow now being unavailable.  Look, you midget retards, you just put it IN the minecart.  What the hell did you expect?!

If you make me completely reorganize the stone QSP because you're too damned drunk to fix your own mess, I'm going to send one of you down to the caverns as a distraction for the Green Glass whatever that thing was which I can't light on fire with magma.  Get your beards combed, already.

-Overfiend.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 504