Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1491277 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6015 on: August 18, 2014, 10:47:57 am »

These rock puns are coal, man.

They're to dia-mond for.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: August 18, 2014, 02:08:49 pm »

These rock puns are coal, man.

They're to dia-mond for.
I beg to differ; they're quite the borax.

____
A note to the Carpenter of Ican'tbearsedtolookatthename:
You are a carpenter/lumberjack. Now, I understand that yes, that Tiger is quite scary. However, for once, I don't want you to hit it with your axe; I want you to run the fuck away. This, however, is not what you did. Instead, you decided to try and take the tiger on.

Thanks for losing the axe and dying- The Overseer.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:11:53 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:51 pm »

Truly a marble to behold.

(I think we may be in for some pumicement if these puns continue.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6018 on: August 18, 2014, 10:16:07 pm »

Dear Random McMarksman,

You came in with the merchants, all well and good.  But then I get a combat report and see that you successfully hit and then dodged yourself?  WTH?  I blame Obama the Elves for this weirdness.

Stop hitting yourself,

Me
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

krg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: August 19, 2014, 12:13:41 am »

They are gniess and all, but we should be adamantine about staying on topic.
Goblins == Child Protective Services.
Why else would they come and 'kidnap' them?
Child Protection Services would go into apoplexy get murdered with MAGMA if they found themselves inside DF.
My Sig
will grow.(hopefully) growing, mwahahahaha

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: August 19, 2014, 01:00:02 am »

They are gniess and all, but we should be adamantine about staying on topic.

This thread rocks. My pun-making skills simply shale in comparison.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ornstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Glory to the RNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: August 19, 2014, 09:44:38 am »

Note to Urist McHauler; Re: Suicidal practices

I understand you want to get the dead cat off the mine tracks. I forbade it for a reason. That means you should not go and get it. Especially after seeing the tracks as restricted. And to those that followed, I understand you want to retrieve Urist McMiner's corpse and belongings, but in jumping into path of the minecart rocking back and forth over two spaces, you are only COMPOUNDING THE CORPSE PILE.

Thank you for not killing yourselves.
And so he linked the !!flame!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:56 am »

Note to Urist McHauler; Re: Suicidal practices

I understand you want to get the dead cat off the mine tracks. I forbade it for a reason. That means you should not go and get it. Especially after seeing the tracks as restricted. And to those that followed, I understand you want to retrieve Urist McMiner's corpse and belongings, but in jumping into path of the minecart rocking back and forth over two spaces, you are only COMPOUNDING THE CORPSE PILE.

Thank you for not killing yourselves.
yea no, restricted doesn't work if the object they want is in the restricted zone.

Traffic zones work by artificially inflating the distance between the goal and the dwarf.  by default, the 'restricted' zone makes every 1 tile into 25 for the purpose of pathing.  So, only if the dwarf could save 25 steps by walking into 1 tile of restricted area would they consider it.  Since all paths lead into the restricted zone there is no way to avoid it.  And they will still go.  Gotta lock the area away or shut off the track.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: August 23, 2014, 12:27:28 pm »

Note to Urist,

Congratulations on your ability to push a wheelbarrow full of stones at a commendable speed to the rock stockpile. However, I wonder if it has occurred to you that when placing a surplus wheelbarrow to be stored itself you do not need to carry it over your shoulders? In future please imagine it contains an 'invisible stone' and push it in your usual fashion.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: August 24, 2014, 07:11:20 am »

Dear dwarves, and all the members of this forum,

Please explain the gneiss pun... I honestly don't get it.

No really, I don't.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: August 24, 2014, 07:24:38 am »

No really, I don't.

http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/1082:_Geology
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #6026 on: August 24, 2014, 08:55:19 am »

Dear Tsivit,

So one of friends died of dehydration. You threw a tantrum because there's nothing to drink and, quite literally, ripped the head from a cavy sow.

One should point out, at this juncture, that you are the brewer and the cook.

The death of your friend is on your head, and you don't get to decapitate the local pets because you're too lazy to do your job.

Thanks again,
The Overseer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:59:01 am by WordsandChaos »

TacoSundae84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: August 24, 2014, 01:28:59 pm »

Dear Urist McRambos,

I appreciate the fact that your 9 man squad was able to tear through the 80 goblin/troll force that marched on our fort. You'll all be hailed as heroes, with new rooms and your own personal war bears (once they grow up anyway). However, did you really have to do it be severing every possible limb of each of the invaders?

What could have been about 80 hauling jobs has turned into far more than I want to count. There's not enough dwarf power in the world to haul all those heads, torsos, legs and arms (upper and lower) to the refuse stockpile before the miamsa starts to spread. I better not hear any complaints about it from any of you, or those new rooms might come installed with magma pipes.

With warm regards,
Your Overseer

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: August 24, 2014, 02:19:37 pm »

No really, I don't.

I'll take you at your word. It's a homophone for "nice," or at least spelled in a way that you could choose to pronounce it that way (could really be pronounced "niece," I suppose).

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: August 24, 2014, 02:35:32 pm »

Dear Urist McRambos,

I appreciate the fact that your 9 man squad was able to tear through the 80 goblin/troll force that marched on our fort. You'll all be hailed as heroes, with new rooms and your own personal war bears (once they grow up anyway). However, did you really have to do it be severing every possible limb of each of the invaders?

What could have been about 80 hauling jobs has turned into far more than I want to count. There's not enough dwarf power in the world to haul all those heads, torsos, legs and arms (upper and lower) to the refuse stockpile before the miamsa starts to spread. I better not hear any complaints about it from any of you, or those new rooms might come installed with magma pipes.

With warm regards,
Your Overseer

That is just conjecture from someone who updated the wiki page.

Can't you just set their bodies out until they rot and use the bones anyway? Either way it should just be a quick edit of the ethics file and back to merbutchery.

In that case, why not just alter all creatures' raw entries to have arbitrarily high value value modifiers?

They decompose into an unbutcherable skeleton.  To get bones (of anything that leaves a skeleton) without butchering, you need to kill them in a way that guarantees dismemberment.  Then only the body will become a skeleton while the limbs and head decompose into a skull and indivdual "bones."  This is how you can get the occasional goblin bone crafts/bolts.

And yeah, if you want to do this, add value multipliers in the raws.

I'd consider this an upside myself.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 504