Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1492687 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6195 on: December 11, 2014, 06:19:23 pm »

Dear Urists in the military,

Please kill the vulture murdering our legendary cook instead of just standing right next to it while placing bets.

Signed, Baffled Overseer.

P.S. The vulture has also collapsed from exhaustion, so get on with it.

Haha, this truly paints a picture of Dwarven society and outlook! No doubt they'll rush to help when they realise their food rations will be porridge without him :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: December 12, 2014, 05:38:48 am »

Dear Urists McWereoppossum the First and Second,

We've walled you in for your own safety. But ideally, we'd let you out in order to free up those hospital beds for more deserving needy recent patients.

Now, see here: we have very kindly drafted you into your own special unit with orders to walk to that very attractive room where you can die see out your days in the warmth of hot, fiery magma each other's company. But every time we take the walls down, you refuse to go there. Or, indeed, anywhere else: you just sit on those beds.

You're perfectly able-bodied -- in rude health, indeed, and never ruder than at a particular time of the month -- so for the love of Armok, why won't you just follow orders, get off your sorry backsides and march?

Yours in weary frustration,

Guv'nor
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: December 12, 2014, 08:49:38 am »

Guv'nor;

I cannot get out of this bed.  You see, I feel a charie horse come along every time I try.  That magma room sure  does look nice, but so does sittin' here getting pampered by the best doctors your money can buy.  As Im sure youve noticed, Im not interested in your food; cooked meat just isnt apettizing any longer.  And booze?  enh.  Im sure Ill be fine.
  Just keep telling me to do things.  Dont dconstruct my bed and throw me out of bed.  I like it.

Urist
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: December 12, 2014, 10:47:54 am »

Dear Urist McLegendaryGelder:

No.

Sincerely, The unpixilated man.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: December 12, 2014, 01:42:59 pm »

Guv'nor;

I cannot get out of this bed.  You see, I feel a charie horse come along every time I try.  That magma room sure  does look nice, but so does sittin' here getting pampered by the best doctors your money can buy.  As Im sure youve noticed, Im not interested in your food; cooked meat just isnt apettizing any longer.  And booze?  enh.  Im sure Ill be fine.
  Just keep telling me to do things.  Dont dconstruct my bed and throw me out of bed.  I like it.

Urist

Dear Urist McHelpful,

Many thanks for your invaluable advice.

I regret to announce that our resident wereopossums appear to have Gone Missing after being sent to test out the new sauna. The fort's current theory is that there was some kind of Freak Malfunction. A magma-safe slab for each is being prepared memorialising the dwarfly manner in which they faced their end, to be placed at the spots where they bravely passed into the Halls of Armok.

After one of them initially emerged screaming something about needing new clothes, we have decided that such a dangerous sauna needs a more secure lock, so its door has now been linked to a lever. I hope this will ensure any future mistakes.

In related news, the weaver and clothesmaker are slightly peeved that some of their masterfully tailored creations have been destroyed. I am valiantly attempting to persuade them that all is well that ends well, as this is nothing compared with being bitten by a creature of the night.

Yours indebtedly,

The Guv'nor
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: December 13, 2014, 06:18:58 am »

Dear Mayor,

Please stop mandating the construction of flutes. You know very well that you can't play, and that pretty much no living thing in the world can.

Signed,
The actual mayor.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Guvnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: December 14, 2014, 10:24:42 am »

Dear Migrant waves 4-7,

When approaching the fortress, please mind the unholy dust clouds. They are clearly visable and you could just as easily walk around them.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: December 14, 2014, 05:12:04 pm »

Dear Mayor,

Please stop mandating the construction of flutes. You know very well that you can't play, and that pretty much no living thing in the world can.

Signed,
The actual mayor.

Dear Urist McUsurpingMayor:

I'm trying my best to sponsor an entertainment industry here. If we have enough flutes, SOMEone will learn to play them, right?

Besides, I hear that the Mayor of the next dwarffort over got a really cushy warm downstairs room and a fancy tomb when he kept mandating things. I'm figuring that that might happen to me too. Perhaps ones with flutes carved on the walls and floor?

--Urist I'mTheRealMayorVoteForMe.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: December 14, 2014, 09:10:42 pm »

Urist McCatowner,

PLEASE CONRTOL YOUR CATS! We're only one month in, and already much of the embark site is covered in squirrel corpses! This is not going to look good in our first report to the mountainhomes.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: December 15, 2014, 03:33:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey, He/She/It is just doing His/Her/It's job.

Onto the actual complaint:

Addressed to the Committee of Fisherdwarfs

How are your Fisherdwarfs just walking across the river? Is that possible?(clearly, yes) Are they like, really faithful or something? (No offense meant)

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: December 15, 2014, 05:36:40 pm »

Dear Armok,

Stop putting the volcanoes on tiny islands miles out in the ocean. We can't throw goblins into them if the goblins can't reach them.

Sincerely,

Someone who has not made nearly as many offerings as he would like to

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: December 15, 2014, 06:50:50 pm »

Dear Urist McDoctor,

Yes, yes, I know you're excited about the amazing new well in the Hospital. I am too! This the very first time I've ever ordered a seperate well all just for tbe benefit of better healthcare. See, I was worried some poor injured fellow would accidentally get knocked in. See, I had the brilliant idea to put it in its own room to ensure only the able bodied medics would bother with it.

My mistake was thinking you were able-bodied. You have proven, in spectacular fashion, I shouldn't have bothered with all the plumbing and time spent on it. I need a clean well. A clean well I can no longer have thanks to your corspe at the bottom of the well.

But don't worry! I've locked the door, and no one can follow or disturb your final resting place.

Your annoyed Overseer,
Jackie

Dear Jackie,

RETURN TO AUTOBOT HEADQUARTERS AND CEASE PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES ALL DAY.

Signed, Ultry.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: December 15, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »

Dear Armok,

Stop putting the volcanoes on tiny islands miles out in the ocean. We can't throw goblins into them if the goblins can't reach them.

Sincerely,

Someone who has not made nearly as many offerings as he would like to

DEAR WORSHIPPER,

THE MAGMA SEA IS A FINE REPLACEMENT FOR VOLCANOES AS FAR AS SACRIFICES GO. I KNOW VOLCANOES ARE MORE ICONIC BUT I CARE NOT ON -WHERE- THIS PARTICULAR GOBLIN BURNED TO DEATH IN MY NAME AS LONG AS IT -DID- BURNED TO DEATH IN MY NAME.

ALSO, THESE GOBLINS ARE FAITHLESS HEATHENS. IF THEY WERE MORE FAITHFUL I WOULD ALLOW THEM TO WALK ON WATER TO REACH YOUR FORTRESS AND SPILL THEIR BLOOD AND YOUR DWARVES'S BLOOD, BUT HEY. THEY'RE GOBLINS. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE GODS.

IT IS NEVERTHELESS GOOD TO HAVE A DEDICATED WORSHIPER.

HOWEVER, I DO NOT FEEL YOU HAD ENOUGH FUN LATELY AND IT DOES NOT PLEASE ME. HERE, I HAVE DROPPED A FEW DOZEN ZOMBIE ELEPHANTS JUST NEXT TO YOUR FORT. HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

SINCERELY,

ARMOK, GOD OF BLOOD

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: December 15, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »

Dear Urist McExpeditionLeader:
Are you sure you don't have any better name for the fortress? Really?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: December 15, 2014, 07:26:05 pm »

Dear Urist McExpeditionLeader:
Are you sure you don't have any better name for the fortress? Really?

Dear Overseer Guy,

Duuuuuuude, not, like, cool.

Sincerely, Urist McWhoaMan

PS: Got any plump helmets? I, like, have the munchies, man.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 504