Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1473295 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6225 on: December 22, 2014, 05:48:09 pm »

Dear Mafol, future military commander

You deserve this for going on break after you hooked up the mechanisms to the bridge but before you pulled the lever.  At least the migrants stand a chance now.  Maybe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope that cloud makes you sterile; death is already coming in the form of a duck.

An overseer who doesn't care any more.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:53:18 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: December 23, 2014, 01:16:57 am »

ETA: To add to the hilarity, other dorfs are bringing them food and water when they get hungry or thirsty.

"You're doing a great job, there Urist. I don't want this job, thanks for doing it for me, here, have a panda spleen biscuit to keep you going."
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: December 24, 2014, 11:09:06 am »

Stop beating on that panda and get back to work!  She wasn't bothering any of you, aside from cancellation spam.  Seriously, you're going to piss off the Chinese government.  Also, Mists of Pandaria may not have been the best WoW xpac, but it was still fun.

Dear Urists of House Nyxalinth,

Well done for failing to take any casualties in your recent panda extermination efforts. We lost our best bone carver and somedwarf else when they foolishly attempted to tackle the black-eyed menace without weapons, armour or, indeed, common sense.

Urists of House Wooster
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

Knight Solaire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: December 24, 2014, 11:22:10 am »

Dear Urist,

Yes, I know that your pet masked lovebird is inaccessible. No, I don't want to be reminded about it every half a second. Yes, you deserved to be dropped from the drawbridge into the room of traps. No, I'm not sure whether I'm glad you survived that or not.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: December 26, 2014, 09:28:03 am »

I hope that cloud makes you sterile; death is already coming in the form of a duck.
Only in DF.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: December 26, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »

Only in DF.
I do not see the duck thrall in the image.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: December 26, 2014, 02:33:12 pm »

Dear Dwarves,
Kindly stop murdering people your adventuring partner just made peace with.
Yes, I realise that's how you handle politics.
thincake

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: January 01, 2015, 07:45:12 pm »

Dear Mountainhomes:

Please, by all that is holy, can you take better care of your bloody nobles? I've got rather a lot of startled heirs here, and the last thing I need is more of them. Everyone, the nobles, the heirs, and our entire fort, all of whom are currently working on making yet another set of armor stands and weapon racks, gem encrusted chests, and digging out yet another set of appropriate rooms, every sodding one of us will be happier if you stop having unfortunate accidents up there. We were prepared for two or three nobles here in Crystallove, sure, but frankly I think you should start investing in some poison test kits, because five freshly minted nobles in a fort which only pierced the aquifer last month is quite enough already, thankyou so goddamn much.

p.s.
If you're determined to send all your titles here, perhaps you could also send us some migrants who know how to do something useful? I now have three gelders, thankyou so sodding much. If they gelded nobles, they might have been more useful, but as it is, a few migrants who knew how to engrave or encrust with gems might go a long way here. Or one who knows how to make rings, we've got rather a lot of mandates going on right about now, and all our metalworkers are now in prison. Thanks again.

--Overseer.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6233 on: January 01, 2015, 08:54:39 pm »

Dear Mafol, future military commander

You deserve this for going on break after you hooked up the mechanisms to the bridge but before you pulled the lever.  At least the migrants stand a chance now.  Maybe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An overseer who doesn't care any more.

I don't get it. What cloud, what duck, what's all that grey and purple stuff?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:39 pm »

I don't get it. What cloud, what duck, what's all that grey and purple stuff?

Evil region. A security system was installed but not turned on when it should have been. Hence why the migrants now have a chance of entering the fort.

The cloud is a husking or thralling cloud, that caught a duck, turning it into possibly one of the most terrifying ducks in the known world.

The purple and gray are just evil plants. Wormy tendrils and staring eyes.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: January 02, 2015, 11:57:48 am »

Dear Urist McMetalsmith,

Would you please stop doing all the non important filler jobs I gave you to keep you occupied when I want you to do your important metal crafting magic.

--Mysterious force
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6236 on: January 05, 2015, 04:00:57 pm »

Dear Urist McPicky,

I had a variety of cloth available, but none of it was good enough to suit your persnickety ass.  From what I could see in your preferences, you didn't even prefer a certain type.  So of course you had to pick the one of which I did not have enough.  It's your own damn fault your mood failed and you went berserk.  did you have to punch all the dog's teeth out?  I gave you a slab, only because given how you died you would become a berserk ghost.

Given that you claimed a Crap (craft) shop instead of the mason's shop I had hoped for, and I have two other very proficient masons, it's no big loss, I suppose.

The overseer of Craftsclimax
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

bigcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: January 11, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »

Dear Outpost Liason,

When you failed to show up last year[1], I assumed that ours was the last outpost of dwarven civilization.  I wept bitter tears for our race - but resolved to try to succeed where others of our race had failed.  Our miner, Avuz, was appointed queen to rule over us, and wise and noble she is too.  So, when you turned up the following year, I was expecting a lot of news - a previously forgotten mountainhome had been discovered perhaps?  A new mountainhome had emerged?  A great siege had been overcome?  No - the only thing you told me that there was a new queen and mayor of Floorteach - and I can't help noticing that this is our settlement, and that engravings of it are all over the place that you saw as you came in.  I'm forced to assume one of two things

1) You're an incompetent oaf
OR
2) You cooked up the whole scheme with Queen Avuz before we set out so she could get the platinum footstools she always wanted.

Please bring me some proper news,

Overseer of Dakostamal, "Floorteach"

[1] No outpost liason ... how curious!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6238 on: January 11, 2015, 04:38:16 pm »

Dear Perthans of Duskglooms,

Y'all mofo's need Dagon.  Or a hobby.  Seriously, with all of you feeling that randy all the time, how is anything going to get done?  I embarked with you lot as CIV_CONTROLLABLE so I could get a feel for how balanced your personality traits are. I think I need to tweak the LUST_PROPENSITY for your race.  I know that when Battlespire came out in 1998 you were described as oversexed and unpredictable, but this is getting silly.   

Get a hobby!

Amused and a little discomfited,

She Who Creates All
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

bigcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: January 11, 2015, 05:42:43 pm »

Dear brewers of Dakostamal,

Whilst I admire your ambition, nay expertise, radishes are not a suitable item for the still.  I've mostly got my eyesight back now but two of our senior military dwarves may not be so lucky.  We will be loading all two hundred barrels of said product on to the wagons of the next passing elf caravan with good riddance.  If they go blind, they won't be able to find us.

Yours gratefully,

Overseer of Dakostamal, "Floorteach"
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 504