Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1490968 times)

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6375 on: May 17, 2015, 01:01:10 am »

I usually get that when there's some dumb animal ???ing at a door.

Sometimes, it's building destroyers doing the same thing.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: May 17, 2015, 06:06:15 am »

Mr. Ducim Prisondike IT,

It's not entirely certain that this message will reach you, we had to float it down the water pipe
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: May 21, 2015, 12:09:11 pm »

To the military of earthdwellings:

I only told you to go after the giant toad that caused the indirect death of one of the miners.  Not the cave crocodile as well!  Due to your drunken dopey actions, we lost an axeman to the water as well.

The remaining miners will be ordered to dig a way to drain this pool of water immediately.  I can safely say due to your incompetence, I've been moved enough to impose a drain project on a cavern lake.

I do plan to have the other subterranean lakes of water to be drained too.

Thy stressed overseer,

NESgamer190

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #6378 on: May 23, 2015, 11:22:42 am »

Dear Redbanners,
FUCK.
You're just going to take raw meat to your bedrooms and let it rot and then get pissed at me when the fort gets filled with miasma?
Is it that much work to just take it to the refuse stockpile, or, better yet, actually eat the prepared food we have?
This is simple, guys.
C'mon.
Regards,
Dampe

synyster31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: May 31, 2015, 12:25:01 am »

Dear Marksdwarves squad,

I know it may be too much of a hassle to actually pick sone bolts up, but when i ask you to shoot a giant rat, handily trapped behind lava and fortifications please show at least a little interest.

shortly after

Dear Marksdwarves squad's ghosts,

When I removed the fortifications to make it even simpler for you to shoot the rat. I didn't mean you should try and jump 2 squares of magma to wrestle it. The 4 of you that failed the jump got off lightly. Let the 2 who starved to death on the magma-surrounded floor be a lesson to others!

The Overseer

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: July 07, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »

Dear Wolverine;

How did you get into my fort, past my wardog room and the open barracks, and all the way down to the magma foundry?  Thats almost 150 zlevels, all while fleeing!

Well I sent the military after you, and theyll hopefully have more success than those 2 dogs that are playing tag with you.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: July 07, 2015, 05:07:20 pm »

Dear Urist McMacedwarf:

Your diligence in running off goblins is admirable, as would be your return to active duty so soon after giving birth if you didn't insist on taking the infant with you on patrols. However, I have to severely question the wisdom of chasing after a snatcher while carrying an infant -- by now, you've figured out why, since you caught up with the goblin snatcher, but didn't kill him.

I'm sure we'll see your sproggin again in a few years, leading a goblin attack against us.

Forever facepalming,

your overseer.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: July 07, 2015, 05:39:36 pm »

Dear Werecreatures

I appreciate your...touristic...interest in the fortress of Rainsilvers, but you might want to find another place for visiting. After the slaughter of 2 dwarves, 1 dog and 1 cat (His teeth and blood are scattered around everywhere) we are moving the barracks to the surface. Now you might want to think twice before coming here again!

Magnumcannon, overseer of Rainsilvers

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: July 07, 2015, 07:35:13 pm »

I think I'm making headway on getting miners and woodcutters to wear armor, so hopefully, that risk can be reduced...

I didn't even know this could happen.
Had to scrap that fort immediately, not much to be accomplished without precious wood.

Anything that can't be solved by wood, can be solved by magma  (usually).

Beds of magma. Time for science
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: July 08, 2015, 12:46:41 pm »

Dear Urist McHauler and company,

I appreciate the work you do for our fort, I really do. It was due to your hard work that the great bar crisis of 07 was averted, sorting thousands of bars that has gone unsorted due to lack of space and undermanning  the mining department. I have gone to great lengths to designate exactly which stockpiles ought to be used for taking goods to the trade depot.

With that in mind, please tell me why your men are crawling down to the deepest mines to grab tetrahedrite ore and haul it up to our balcony depot, foregoing all logic and common sense to haul a useless rock that I won't be selling next to my prize meals and crossbows.

Do be kind and take the ore to the ore stockpiles next to the furnaces where it belongs.

Sincerely,
Your baffled overlord with the power of atom smashing.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: July 08, 2015, 01:52:07 pm »

Dear Urist McPetOwner,

I don't know what possessed you to adopt a pig as a pet, though I must admit that your decision to come to this evil reanimating deathtrap of a fortress does call your judgment into question.

Now, this would normally be okay. We have a small patch of land where the dead do not rise, and a nice little pasture there to keep our livestock. Your pet pig has been assigned to said pasture.

So tell me, Urist, why you insist on letting your pet pig follow you into the fortress proper until it is starving from lack of grass to eat?

May I remind you: If your pet dies of starvation, it will not stay down. And you are very likely to be very close by when said pet turns into an undead abomination.

Armok help me, Urist, if you do not leave your pig in that pasture, I am going to forcibly repossess it and slaughter it, and we will all have bacon tonight. You hear me? BACON.

Your Overseer.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: July 08, 2015, 01:56:04 pm »

Dear Overseer;

piggies dont eat grass.  The mighty boar is the perfect reserve of food, as they dont need to graze to survive.  Therefore, my piggy shouldnt die.

A. Dwarf

And P.S. this location happens to be the perfect spot to hide from the tax collectors.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: July 08, 2015, 03:37:52 pm »

Then why is it flashing "Hungry" arrows at me?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PKs DF Mod!

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: July 08, 2015, 03:53:51 pm »

Dear Flying Lungfish Empire

I appreciate your interest in our fortress, but as we all know, you've sent an army of undead to the fortress of Greencrafts and killed every single dwarf that lived there. Our lumberjack spotted one of your spies skulking around our fortress and we're fearful you might plot against us. But if you do, we will be prepared. The dwarven race will never perish! Death to the Lungfish Empire!

The fortress of Manysilvers and its overseer.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 504