Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1487203 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6480 on: September 22, 2015, 09:37:48 pm »

What do vampires practically get out of drinking blood, anywho?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: September 22, 2015, 09:38:46 pm »

Dearest Urists McDorf,

Would you please explain to me why you've seen fit to store several bags of seeds in the dyer's shop rather than in the spacious seeds stockpile? How did you even get the bags there? The only bags that can possibly used in dyer's shop jobs are milled plant (dye) bags. Congratulations; you've managed to really puzzle me.

Yours in bafflement,
escondida

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: September 23, 2015, 02:46:17 pm »

Dear Vampire Mayor:

If you hadn't eaten all the engravers, jewellers, and metalcrafters, we would have better rooms and furniture for you to enjoy. As it is, you have brought this down upon yourself. So stop whinging.

Dear Overseer Thisfox,

Cordial greetings to you, and thank you for your thoughtful letter. In response, let me just say BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! So as I believe I've made clear in my point-by-point response, the actions I took were completely justfied in context.

Yours sincerely,
Urist McVampire-Mayor

Dear Urist McVampire-Mayor:
Please enjoy the assorted barrels of blood we had delivered by merchants last quarter, as a negotiation to your demands for a better office and dining room. In fact, I figure barrels of blood in the dining room of a vampire is remarkably appropriate. I just wish you'd eat them instead of our talented craftsdorfs...
On a related note, I think we'll lock the doors on your dining room when you next go in, as one of our migrants was a metalcrafter, and I've been looking forward to regaining the ability to goldplate all the furniture.

Yours, Thisfox.

What do vampires practically get out of drinking blood, anywho?

I believe it is an ability to bite werebeasts to death (yep, I've had a vampire do that, but to be fair, I once had a non-vampire female cook do that when the werebeast killed her kid, so it depends on the dorf really), to not eat or drink anything, nor sleep, and eventually the ability to run down from lack of alcohol. Poor bastard. Just wish the damn vampires could be held off with the barrels of blood you can get from the merchants, that would be awesome. Still, once I wall this bloke in, he can be my eternal bookkeeper, and my fort will never die, so there are advantages.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

dillonsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: September 23, 2015, 11:58:47 pm »

Dear Urist McBrewer

Please don't take breaks when Dwarves need to have something to drink

GiantCaveMushroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Born Pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: September 24, 2015, 01:37:30 am »

To the dwarves flooring over the flooded section,

Stop suspending your work because the water level in your place reaches 2/7. The express purpose of the new flooring is to remove the flood by burying the water with the blocks you are tasked with. There have been dozens of reports of dwarves suspending work due to water. Just kick the water away if they're in way!

Any further transgressions will be considered a conspiracy to slow labor, which will enter the fort's permanent records.

P.S to Thob the miner: Get rid of your shoes, they're getting in the way of construction!

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: September 24, 2015, 10:52:11 pm »

Dear Urist McBrewer

Please don't take breaks when Dwarves need to have something to drink

Dear Overseer McDillonsup,

[snip needlessly snarky response. tl;dr: brewing isn't a skilled labor]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:00:45 pm by escondida »

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: September 27, 2015, 11:09:14 pm »

Dear Axmu Ngoxumsocks or whatever your filthy goblin name is,

Tell your [edit]clown[/edit] master to stop sending squads of pathetic losers to die throwing themselves against the walls of Dwarvenkind's greatest bastion. If he wants dwarf blood, he can come and get it himeself.

Dear Muthe Iseboot or whatever your needlessly tall human name is,

I thought the little war I started ten years ago ended, like, ten years ago. Why are you suddenly attacking me again? Legends mode sheds no light on the subject, and every other battle in this war of yours has ended either in (a) your attacking a dwarven fortress and the dwarves killing your leader and only your leader, and your forces retreating; or (b) your attacking my fortress, Lanterngroove, and having all of your soldiers slaughtered. Listen, my queen lives here at Lanterngroove. Maybe next time you could send a diplomat so we could get back to you sending me caravans and me buying a handful of raw materials in exchange for your hauling off all my garbage? Thanks.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: October 04, 2015, 12:45:14 pm »

Dear Urist McFuckface.

Stop complaining about miasma from the dead horse inside you dining room.
I have designated the dump zone FOUR FUCKING WEEKS AGO and despite shitload of you idling aroun NO ONE CARES TO MOVE THIS SHIT!!
You are the only one to blame for that.

Regards - you very pissed off overseer.
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6488 on: October 22, 2015, 09:37:16 pm »

Dear Urist McFuckface.

Stop complaining about miasma from the dead horse inside you dining room.
I have designated the dump zone FOUR FUCKING WEEKS AGO and despite shitload of you idling aroun NO ONE CARES TO MOVE THIS SHIT!!
You are the only one to blame for that.

Regards - you very pissed off overseer.

This post started off with dorfs resolutely refusing to bury a stinky corpse.  Now it has come full circle.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: October 22, 2015, 09:46:34 pm »

Dear Urist McWhoeverisinchargeofsendingmigrants,

Why did you think it was a good idea to send 6 CHILDREN, and ONLY 6 CHILDREN to a fortress started literally 6 months ago. HOW WILL 6 USELESS CHILDREN HELP US OUT IN ANY WAY!? Also, DO YOU REALISE WHAT DANGERS ARE IN A 2 WEEK JOURNEY FOR 6 KIDS!?

-Your very important source of useless junk.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: October 22, 2015, 09:56:19 pm »

Dear Urist McWhoeverisinchargeofsendingmigrants,

Why did you think it was a good idea to send 6 CHILDREN, and ONLY 6 CHILDREN to a fortress started literally 6 months ago. HOW WILL 6 USELESS CHILDREN HELP US OUT IN ANY WAY!? Also, DO YOU REALISE WHAT DANGERS ARE IN A 2 WEEK JOURNEY FOR 6 KIDS!?

-Your very important source of useless junk.

Maybe their parents died en route?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: October 22, 2015, 10:00:24 pm »

Perhaps. Either way, it's not my problem. It will be yours eventually because you signed up for the succession game. Mwahahahaha
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: October 23, 2015, 04:30:53 am »

Dear Urist McGlassmaker

Stop job cancel spamming you idiot. There is literally a stockpile of coke THAT YOU WERE TAKING FROM TWO SECONDS AGO right nearby. You can do that job, so do it :| I do not want to go through the stupid stockpile giving to workshops thing because then I'm going to have to give to all the smelters, who will then want the ore stockpile, which means the masons get stupid, and after assigning them they won't go get the stone they need...

So please. Do. Your. Job.

Signed Fort Overseer who doesn't stockpile well
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: October 23, 2015, 04:37:44 am »

Dear Urist McFarmer

I designated that farm plot months ago.

Sincerely;
Spooky Omnipresent Guiding Force
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: October 23, 2015, 05:09:08 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 504