Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1487166 times)

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6795 on: October 17, 2016, 09:25:06 am »

To the dwarf who took the stepladder while the expedition leader was up a tree:  "Very funny."

To the expedition leader who eventually had to have the tree he was stranded in chopped down, spent a considerable amount of time healing up from the resulting fall, lost the ability to stand, and gimps around on crutches now:  "Stop going back up in the trees!  You're an engraver now."
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: October 17, 2016, 08:44:04 pm »

Dear Citizens,

Most of you are probably going to be forcefully turned into werebeasts in the near future.

Also, we are out of coffee paper.

With Love, your Overseer.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: October 18, 2016, 01:08:47 am »

Dear outpost liaison,

When are you going to go insane? I want to see if you can topple that temple statue and get a cool trait. Instead, you just walk around boringly.

With impatient love,

Derro

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: October 18, 2016, 09:31:14 am »

To Adil "I Think I'll Come Off My Break to Build One Statue, Laze Around for a Bit, Then Immediately Take Another Break" Sheriktun:

No.
Did he go into the tavern, library, or temple, or did he actually go on a break, which isn't in the game anymore?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
  • NOW I AM ONE WITH THE COSMOS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: October 18, 2016, 12:50:39 pm »

Dear dwarves,
   One day you will be free of oppression. Rigorous and demanding schedules will be no more, and you will live happily in the world.
Until then, move these rocks around and admire this grate, while you mine out a prison and arena for my experiments, which I intend to use to turn some all of you into werebeasts.
   Stop complaining and get back to work. I don't care if you need booze, your existence is worthless and I want you to dig your own grave as quickly and efficiently as possible. Throwing tantrums won't help either, so just quit it. Save your energy and strength for later in my dwarf-werebeast experiments, where you might get turned into a champion of the arena you're digging.
Use your strength to help ME. The alternative is that I chain you up in the prison you're currently digging, as entertainment for the other miners. Or I can chain you up as entertainment for the werebeast. Probably both.
Look, just hurry up and dig this pit so I can turn you into a werebeast within it.

Sincerely, Dunamisdeos.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: October 18, 2016, 01:10:22 pm »

Dear outpost liaison,

When are you going to go insane? I want to see if you can topple that temple statue and get a cool trait. Instead, you just walk around boringly.

With impatient love,

Derro

@Derro: I'm going to try and mass-produce curse effects in captives soon.

@Dwarves: Same message.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: October 18, 2016, 01:37:43 pm »

Dear Dwarves, Please learn to avoid fishing near aligators, and to barricade doors if shit hits the fan.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: October 19, 2016, 05:54:15 am »

Dear mayor,

I wasn't too happy when you got yourself elected and forced me to spend precious time and platinum on getting you your living quarters, but I still don't understand how you got yourself stuck against the wall when the stairs you were on got deconstructed. At least all other dwarves had the decency of falling a few z-levels, breaking some bones, and resuming their jobs after medical care. You I couldn't get down until I build a completely new set of stairs.

Also, watch it with the dark humor. Banning the export of coffins is fine, but don't do so right after the aforementioned dwarves fell down.

Love, your overseer

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: October 25, 2016, 04:52:58 pm »

Dear Besmar Geshudushat, aka, Urist McStupidwoodcutter.

I do not know what you did to manage to break your leg with pear wood logs while cutting down the tree. Did nobody teach you basic woodcutting safety? Oh well, at least you got enough wood cut to get our starting provisions made. You can die out there in the plains outside of Boatarmored. Your useless corpse shall stand as a reminder of what happens to incompetent morons in this fortress
Sincerely,
the impersonal voice that speaks in your heads
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: October 25, 2016, 07:51:52 pm »

Dear various members of various races in my fort:
I don't CARE if there are inter-dimensional rifts all over the fortress JUST WALK AROUND THEM when you go IN them time flows backwards

Dear whoever is causing inter-dimensional rifts in my fortress
Stop or I swear when the mages finish the spells that let me break reality I WILL come for you, murder you, loot your place and force the rifts closed with duct tape if I have too

(Explanation for you all: Inter-dimensional rifts are unit-occupancy errors (or atleast I THINK that's what the error is), time flowing backwards is the game crashing, the spells that let me break reality is df-hack, finishing=updating, the mages are whoever makes that (I don't really feel like checking who atm) 

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: October 26, 2016, 12:00:44 am »

Dear Urist McUseless

You took valuable time away from the farms that provide for our 60 hungry dwarves. What was the purpose of this? You decided to go make a freaking cup! A cup! The last two artifacts were actually useful. Our Captain of the Guard is armed with an artifact iron warhammer. There is an artifact quern built in our second workshop level. What possessed you to make a freaking cup? Get your ass back to the fields before I feed you to Boatarmor's atom smasher.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: October 26, 2016, 02:31:34 am »

Dear buiders

Personally I don't think birds are scary, and I respect your right to have different opinions. What I don't accept is you completely cancelling work on important project because a kea is flying fifty meters above your heads. You could just smack it with a brick if it gets too close.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: October 29, 2016, 09:46:48 pm »

dear everybody complaining about the miasma in the dining room: stop complaining and throw the rotting corpse in the refuse stockpile if its offending your nose that much
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: October 29, 2016, 10:32:55 pm »

Dear Dwarves, Stop thinking like this about an invading foce and rushing them

Instead of just letting the military and traps do their jobs.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: October 30, 2016, 03:46:13 pm »

Dear Dwarves, Stop thinking like this about an invading foce and rushing them

Instead of just letting the military and traps do their jobs.

try a civilian alert to force all your dwarves to go to a certain burrow at the same time with just one click, usually works for me
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 504