Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1490925 times)

Monomstodir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #7035 on: September 26, 2017, 06:14:02 am »

.....how did 8 of you manage to get stuck in a single tree?!? It's not in the fruit picking zone, we've not been cutting wood in that area, there haven't been any attacks or wild animals that might have encouraged you to climb a tree....

Are you tree-fondling? Stop it, that's dirty, you'll catch elfy diseases

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: September 27, 2017, 08:37:25 am »

.....how did 8 of you manage to get stuck in a single tree?!? It's not in the fruit picking zone, we've not been cutting wood in that area, there haven't been any attacks or wild animals that might have encouraged you to climb a tree....

gotta quarentine them and eliminate them and the tree with liberal use of fire, gotta make sure it doesn't spread
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: September 27, 2017, 08:38:17 am »

gotta quarentine them and eliminate them and the tree with liberal use of fire, gotta make sure it doesn't spread
Purge the heretics.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: September 27, 2017, 04:25:29 pm »

Lack of booze doesn't cause dwarves to puke. Excessive consumption of booze, sunlight, some syndromes or gutpunches do.

I know.  This was from cave adaptation, it just happened to coincide with having 6 units of booze left.  I chose to interpret it this way* for hilarity reasons.

[ * ]  "This way" being "The world's about to end, lads!  Puke yer guts up in a panic, quick as you can!"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:27:20 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: October 26, 2017, 02:53:55 am »

Dear Fortress-naming Comittee of the Mountainous Homes:

What in the name of curds were you lot smoking when you decided to name our outpost "Cheeseballs"?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: October 26, 2017, 07:42:18 am »

Cheeseballs. What do you think?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: October 26, 2017, 12:40:13 pm »

This is why you always read the paperwork before you sign anything! v:

Dear militia of Paperweights: When I put out an order for your squad to meet at a station, or suddenly order a kill, it usually means lives are at stake. Perhaps you can bear this in mind and make a little more haste? You guys have adequate armor training to handle the iron equipment you're wearing, and you move fast enough when it comes to claiming a drink or a new sock for yourselves...

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 26, 2017, 03:08:32 pm »

Urists,

It has come to our attention that the recent werelizard infestation has caught multiple people who were put into hospitals. As per quarantine procedures, the hospitals were meant to be boarded up. It would seem we’ve contained the situation until I get bored or begin work on the werelizard war beast project.
Now if you would kindly stop sealing yourselves into the infected hospitals, that would be nice. Half of the victims are almost legendary dorfs, you should know better!

EDIT: We're opening up the quarantine zones now, since one of the werechameleons has become a ghost and is harassing the nearby dwarves in the dining room. If everyone could please swiftly move the bodies to the coffins before the mias- oh, well I see the resulting miasma has driven two dwarves insane. I'm afraid the rest of you will have to deal with your babbling kin a bit longer.

EDIT EDIT: It would seem someone left a werelizard unchecked. Not sure how this one got away, but we've not got nine dwarves bitten. Crowd control's going to be nightmare from here on out. Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:08:00 pm by Walrusking »

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: October 27, 2017, 12:42:01 am »

Dear dwarves,

If a forgotten beast emerges from the cave lake and begins killing people, I suggest running away rather than coming to see where all that noise is coming from. And if you die, at least have the courtesy to do it on dry land: now two of you are going to rot away at the bottom of the lake.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: October 27, 2017, 09:29:25 am »

dear Urist mclowly peasant,

there are plenty of buckets, the river is close to the fort, so stop drinking and eating our limited supplies and start getting the farm muddied.

-deathpunch578
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: October 27, 2017, 10:38:47 am »

Dear Urist Mckillbold

Please stop killing us kobolds it hurts our feelings :[ we just want some of your shines
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: October 27, 2017, 12:43:39 pm »

Dear dwarves,

If a forgotten beast emerges from the cave lake and begins killing people, I suggest running away rather than coming to see where all that noise is coming from. And if you die, at least have the courtesy to do it on dry land: now two of you are going to rot away at the bottom of the lake.

Dear dwarves,

The whole 'do not run towards the monster' applies to FB attacks in general, in case you didn't get that. The two dozen dead clearly don't, at the very least.

MoonstoneFace

• Bay Watcher
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: November 10, 2017, 02:50:29 pm »

Dear Queen,

Why is the outpost liason a goblin.

I don't like the fact that you let a GODDAMN BABYSNATCHER into our civilisation.
Quote from: Michael Caine
I am Michael Caine

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: November 10, 2017, 07:39:03 pm »

To the dwarves of the current fort:

Dwarves, I can't be too cheesed off with the fact you all get that feeling to build an artifact for the civilization, but perhaps a suggestion for the future artifact aspirants?  Avoid being possessed next time?  It'll definitely help you develop far better than if you had a possessed mood tell you how to make their artifact.  Regardless, it is also concerning that you made an artifact mitten.  Can you even wear those things without fear of it melting away on your person?

With regards,

The overseer who is fairly disappointed with the dwarves for being possessed for two artifacts thus far.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: November 11, 2017, 08:02:20 am »

Dear Commander of the Militia of Godlybrass

I am writing this with deep sympathy for the strains of your position. You are responsible for the security and welfare of our people (a weighty task in and of itself, seeing as our fortress is completely open on both ends), and for maintaining order in our humble hillock. You spend your time tirelessly drilling the new recruits into something almost resembling an actual military (at least those who remembered to pick up a weapon), as well as taking full part in the daily duties of a civilian militia; standing long watches, patrolling the fortress proper, and hauling things from one place to another.  It's taxing, I know, and I know that the burden of authority weighs heavily on your shoulders.

However, "accidentally" leaving your artifact bronze shield out in the sheep pasture because of a scheduling conflict is entirely unacceptable. Further, not realizing your mistake until the goblins arrived and your squad was commanded to defend the fort's primary chokepoint, only for you to run out into the field to replace the irreplaceable artifact with the random leather buckler lying on the ground, is what some would consider outright irresponsible.

Similarly, failing to inform higher command of your errors, and leaving me to learn of this breach of protocol by reading the letter of gratitude sent by the kea who is now the new owner of your priceless artifact, well... It all reflects rather poorly on your capabilities as commander.

Hopefully you will not make the same mistakes again now that the world has forcibly reset itself after the goblin siege massacred not only the entirety of your squad, but also the system process running our universe.

Sincerely yours,
The Overseer
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 504