Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1490920 times)

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #7125 on: July 16, 2018, 11:53:16 pm »

Dear Urist McEliteSoldiers
We conquered the civ 5 years ago. I recalled you 5 years ago. Half your comrades returned over the first 6 months.

WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!
And if you're dawdling, I'm going to go adventurer just to kill everyone who doesn't join me on my way to back the fort.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: July 26, 2018, 07:01:39 am »

Dear Urist,

There is a stockpile full of masterful mussel roasts by the dining hall, yet you choose to eat exclusively raw alfalfa. I wouldn't have a problem with your decision if you weren't constantly whining about the imaginary lack of decent meals.

I remain,
SQman

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: July 26, 2018, 05:25:47 pm »

Dear Urist,

There is a stockpile full of masterful mussel roasts by the dining hall, yet you choose to eat exclusively raw alfalfa. I wouldn't have a problem with your decision if you weren't constantly whining about the imaginary lack of decent meals.

I remain,
SQman
Try storing the non-prepared food behind the prepared food.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: August 02, 2018, 08:36:41 pm »

To: Urist McEngraver.

Subject: Night Troll Engravings.

I understand that not much has happened, but did you really need to make about half your engravings be about the wanderings of the local night troll?

For future reference, I like the ones about strange moods and the one about the making of a masterwork glass pot.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: August 07, 2018, 03:30:38 am »

Dear Urist McPrisonerHauler,

We are well aware that the caged prisoners need to be executed, which is why we are having you drop them into a deep pit with a weapon trap at the bottom. While your enthusiasm in disposing of them is appreciated, there is no need to jump down the hole after them in an attempt to engage them in combat. You have found yourself clinging by your fingertips to the edge of the pit several times now, and yet the lethality of the drop seems to have still escaped your notice. Please, for your safety and the dwindling sanity of your loved ones, just drop the prisoners down the hole and leave.

Sincerely,
The management

Dear Urist McManagement, please consider removing the walls directly underneath the pit as well as installing safety hatches to prevent said prisoners from gaining traction and attempting to drag us down with them.

Regards,
Your needlessly endangered workers
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

《monty》

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:33 am »

Dear Urist in Command Block 2,

Pull the lever. PULL THE LEVER. YOUR ONLY JOB IS PULLING THE LEVER.

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: September 25, 2018, 03:17:54 am »

Dear Urist McSoldier,

We are glad that you appreciate lovely training tower we have made for the army, and that the outdoor training regimens have proven quite effective in combating cave sickness.

While your vigor in training is admirable, please refrain from jumping over the two-storey tall parapet during dodging training. There is no way to climb down from the trees, and though your armor is of the highest quality, you can be seriously injured or killed when we cut them down to free you.

Thank you,
-Galap

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: September 25, 2018, 10:54:32 am »

Dear Colonists of Angelbridges:

Please stop cutting trees from the top. I realize that your prayers to the almighty RAWs have transformed you into winged creatures (dragonborn variant, private D&D mod), but you apparently do not understand how flying works. While I admire your tenacity, flying several stories into the air, I would appreciate not having to build a staircase to get you back down.

For those of you who DO come down on your own, carry on.
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

DET439

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: September 25, 2018, 09:40:54 pm »

Dear Dorfs,

I don't  want to hear ONE FREAKIN WORD about the miasma that kobold is generating. You're the ones letting him rot away merrily on the steps.  There's plenty of room in the refuse heap, all of you have hauling turned on...go to it! Or maybe you secretly like the stinky?

Confused,

Me

I had the same problem. Make a "Garbage Dump" zone in addition to your refuse stockpile. Then use K to look at the body and D to dump it.

LaChouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: September 26, 2018, 10:20:29 am »

Dear Urist McFisherman and Urist McFisherman,

You came into my fort as migrants skilled in fishing and with that job enabled. Please stop complaining about the rain or you'll be assigned to fishing labour in the caverns with your giant cave spider friends where you'll want the rain back.

Sincerely,

the Stumpland manager trying to make everyone happy but failing because of you two idiots.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: September 26, 2018, 12:30:35 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherman and Urist McFisherman,

You came into my fort as migrants skilled in fishing and with that job enabled. Please stop complaining about the rain or you'll be assigned to fishing labour in the caverns with your giant cave spider friends where you'll want the rain back.

Sincerely,

the Stumpland manager trying to make everyone happy but failing because of you two idiots.
Dear Overseer,

We have more than enough wood, yet you refuse to build us a fishing shack. We shall continue to complain until such time as we are accomadated.
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: September 27, 2018, 04:35:15 am »

Okay, fine, maybe it was foolish of me to think that a garbage chute down the central staircase was a good idea.
On the other hand, when one of you catches a chunk of marble in the head, I'm laying some real blame on the one that immediately tantrumed and destroyed the trapdoor that was there to catch it, and the rest of you that started the traditional run for socks and got hit with the rest of the excavation's castoff.
All 32 or you.
(Yes, dumping boulders cut me from 120 dorfs to 88 so far.)
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: September 27, 2018, 06:36:58 am »

Dear UristMcWoodcutter,

Why did you stand under the elf caravan flyswatter? That corpse is unsightly, you know.

Sincerely,
The Overseer of Faceplant
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LaChouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: September 27, 2018, 12:18:51 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherdwarf,

I built you a fishing shack to protect you from the rain, I made your favourite alcohol, I put a statue in your bedroom, I even let you do some leatherworking, forbidding my master leatherworker from doing his job, so you could get some crafting done and be happy. Even with that, you started punching your fellow dwarves, strangling your pet duck and you toppled the tanner's workshop. This is the last straw. Go get that legendary artifact instrument from that fort very far away and don't come back until you've calmed down.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: September 28, 2018, 01:02:13 pm »

Dear Urists,

Please stop suplexing goblins from the top of the pasture walls. My militia is not properly prepared to take on a siege of that size, but we have sealed our fort so we can continue operations as normal. If you leave this protected zone, there is nothing we can do except sigh as you are torn apart by beak dogs and lashers.

Sincerely,
Overseer (Dabbling Architect)

Also re: rotting corpses - you have an accessible corpse (y) stockpile in addition to the refuse (r) stockpile, yes? Sapient creatures and pets don't count as normal refuse.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 504