Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501224 times)

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1125 on: March 10, 2011, 06:12:47 am »

To:  Urist McStrangeMood
Re:  Acceptable Uses of Material

I am not one to constrain the artistic freedoms of dwarves in my care.  To the contrary, I feel that I've gone out of my way to accommodate the often bizarre material requests made by our crafters.  That said, I need to emphasize that adamantine is a very constrained resource right now.  And no matter how attractive or expensive you make it, a bracelet is absolutely not an appropriate use of our limited supplies.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 10, 2011, 01:03:48 pm »

To Moody Metalcrafter.

An adamantine table.  I guess it would be nice in the baron's office.  But why did you put an elf on it?  I understand if it's an elf getting killed but an elf traveling?

The Captain of the Guard would like to see you about being a suspected elf sympathizer.

Sincerely,
The Administration.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1127 on: March 10, 2011, 01:11:25 pm »

Dear Urist McGlazer,

While i fully support the notion of free movement, i can't say it was a very smart idea to go under the bridge at the exact moment it was about to close. I'd like to bury you, but you know how effective atom smashers bridges are at obliterating things.

Yours truly,
Slightly amused flying X
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 10, 2011, 01:11:47 pm »

Maybe  the elf is traveling into his doom?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 10, 2011, 02:24:20 pm »

Dear Miner McScattered.

Thank you for testing my SPARTA! Pit for me while digging it out.  Completely ignoring the fact that there were plenty of other places to stand than the place you were planning on making the hole.

The metalsmiths at the bottom of the pit were quite impressed how skillfully you separated into EVERY SINGLE ONE of your component parts upon hitting the ground too.  Very nice.   Once you are mopped up we will be throwing the orcs we caught last siege down there too.

Sincerely planning on putting 10 adamantine spikes at the bottom for the lulz,
The administration.

P.S. Soundsense made an amusing sound when you died.  I giggled.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:35:30 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 10, 2011, 07:19:36 pm »

Dear Urist McMilitiaCommander:

When I order you to stay away from the danger room (you, and your four named giant war eagles and dozens of named wardogs), please effing listen. Because I don't want to have to deal with a tantrumming legendary axedwarf after you get your pets killed. So please let your squad train without needing me to lock them into the danger room.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 10, 2011, 07:35:05 pm »

Dear Shem Shemmegid (were your parents smartasses too?),

I can't blame you for doing what you do best in a fit of secretive mood. Really, I'm fine with a chrysoprase amulet. I can live with it. I did not even expect anymore anything useful.
No, what I want to know is why you named Silvermoon an artifact whose sole pictures were shining suns.
Quite the smartass, heh?
Good thing you can't pull that off again, I guess.

Your Overseer who doesn't want a 4th piece of legendary jewelery just because she's female. Where are the artifact armors and weapons?

Dear soldiers,

will you stop going out to fetch socks or some other crap while the Dodge-This traps are not done breaking every bone in the invaders' bodies?

Your Overseer who buried the two offenders in an abandoned empty vein.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 10, 2011, 10:56:16 pm »

To Moody Metalcrafter.

An adamantine table.  I guess it would be nice in the baron's office.  But why did you put an elf on it?  I understand if it's an elf getting killed but an elf traveling?

The Captain of the Guard would like to see you about being a suspected elf sympathizer something important. Meeting's at midnight, at the outdoors trade depot. Make sure to wear your spanking new wooden armor. We've just finished installing a new heating apparatus at the depot so that you won't get chilly. Won't do for our new legendary Metalcrafter to catch a cold, now would we?  ;)

Sincerely,
The Administration.

Fixed that for you.  ;D

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 10, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »

Please, no more wolf leather shoes artifacts. seriously, do something useful. Even a cloak would be cool. but a fucking shoe?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 10, 2011, 11:15:06 pm »

We've just finished installing a new heating apparatus at the depot so that you won't get chilly. Won't do for our new legendary Metalcrafter to catch a cold, now would we?

I'm sigging that. Right now.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

sixsevensix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 10, 2011, 11:21:40 pm »

Dear Urist McPartyAnimal,
I don't know if you realize what area this is, but just as a reminder, we do not appreciate you parading around and organizing parties in the prison. You will only have yourself to blame if one of the goblins gets out of his cage and slaughters you and any of the others you have invited to this demented event. The goblins are pissed enough that they are caged, but now with festivities going on while they wallow in their own filth is not going to  make them any happier or nicer. For the love of Armok, STOP IT.

Sincerely,
Your angry overseer.

Dear Family of the deceased,
I am sorry to say that the expedition that your loved ones embarked on less that a year ago ended in tragedy. While preparing the fortress for digging the task force encountered two violent ogress' and while one was able to kill one before death. The other members died from exhaustion after pummeling the other ogress for what seemed like an eternity without any progress.
Sincerely,
An appalled overseer.

*This seriously happened, the woodcutter managed to kill one ogress and everyone else sat there and pounded on the other ogress until they died of thirst/exhaustion. I actually felt sorry for the ogress when I checked to see the injuries. Everything was broken/bruised and she could not keep consciousness for more than a few seconds. I laughed pretty hard when the dwarfs died...*

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 10, 2011, 11:25:04 pm »

Dear Shem Shemmegid (were your parents smartasses too?),

I can't blame you for doing what you do best in a fit of secretive mood. Really, I'm fine with a chrysoprase amulet. I can live with it. I did not even expect anymore anything useful.
No, what I want to know is why you named Silvermoon an artifact whose sole pictures were shining suns.
Quite the smartass, heh?
Good thing you can't pull that off again, I guess.

Your Overseer who doesn't want a 4th piece of legendary jewelery just because she's female. Where are the artifact armors and weapons?

Dear soldiers,

will you stop going out to fetch socks or some other crap while the Dodge-This traps are not done breaking every bone in the invaders' bodies?

Your Overseer who buried the two offenders in an abandoned empty vein.

Shem Shemmegid obviously plays WoW. Silvermoon is the Blood Elf capital city. Also, while the Night Elves worship the moon, Blood Elves worship the sun.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 11, 2011, 12:06:54 am »

Dear Urist:

Why won't you drink any of the booze we have? Why do you insist on thirst?

With great concern for your health,
Urist Imiknorris, Professional God

Dear "God":

Urist McBlacksmith

Urist-

As you were, then.

Signed,
Your god
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:08:30 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 11, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherman,
going ice fishing in spring is a bad idea, things tend to change rapidly these times. There was ice on a part of that river, and there was no ice on the other: weren't you afraid that the other part would also unfreeze? Thanks for upgrading your `Swimmer` skill...

If you weren't Expert Marksdwarf, I wouldn't bother to dig a stair down to the river.

Your caring overseer.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 11, 2011, 05:46:28 pm »

Dear now-legendary weaponsmith,

when I talked about weapons and armors... I expected slightly more interesting than a spear made with a single lead bar and absolutely nothing else. No, really, the only thing it is good for is a fancy weapon trap in the Dodge-ThisŪ.
At the very least, you're legendary now, right?

Your Overseer who longs for a gold hammer or a steel spear
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 504