Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1488228 times)

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1815 on: June 26, 2011, 01:22:54 pm »

Dear Mister Mayor,
you have absoloutely no reason to be pissed just because we didn't make your stupid rose gold items.
Maybe you keep your noble head too high above reality already to be aware that WE HAVEN'T FOUND ANY GOLD AT ALL HERE!!

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 26, 2011, 01:53:39 pm »

Dear Skeletal Camels, both Named and Unnamed.

We at the prison fort of Abbypains would like to thankyou for your zeal in seeing to it that no prisoner can escape alive! However as we are a fort it would be greatly appreciated if you let us dig in first and then started killing runners. As it is, we regret to inform you that after 6 reclaims and the death of 49 brave dwarves (most of them armored) we are discontinuing the use of that site as our future prison.

Best of luck with all the ghost!

Sincerely,
The Mountain Homes.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 26, 2011, 10:21:55 pm »

Dear Urist,

Why did you feel the need to go on break for almost an entire season when you were the only thing that could keep the fortress from dying of thirst?

Thanks,
Your Overseer
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Flaming Toadstool

• Bay Watcher
  • Time stands still at the iron hill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: June 26, 2011, 10:49:20 pm »

Dear Urist McHauler

When I say bring those beds to the hospital, I damn well mean it. Now our first victim to stupidity is lying in his own bed instead of the hospital beds, and it will probably get messy. Good going, moron.

Yours in seething anger,
The Administration.
Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 26, 2011, 11:10:55 pm »

Dear Urist McCarpenter,
I know the "build site" is submerged. At least wait until you are almost done before canceling! At this rate we should be done piercing the aquifer in...three years.
Sincerely,
At least you don't fall asleep in the aquifer.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flaming Toadstool

• Bay Watcher
  • Time stands still at the iron hill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 27, 2011, 01:31:24 am »

Dear Urist McBroker

When the trade caravan comes, you GET YOUR ASS TO THE TRADE DEPOT instead of staying ON BREAK! Do you understand? Probably not. Idiot.

Yours most malevolently,
The Administration.
Probably the best part was when the enraged hens took out a berserker who'd broken a nest box.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1821 on: June 27, 2011, 01:54:22 am »

To my worthy dogs.
Thank you for being there.
Since without you, our military wouldn't have enough time to prepare itself.
And especially to the NON-war dog.
Since they did more then the war dogs.
thanks for taking down the minotaur.
More meat for all of you.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: June 27, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »

Dear Urist,

Why did you feel the need to go on break for almost an entire season when you were the only thing that could keep the fortress from dying of thirst?

Thanks,
Your Overseer

Dear Urist,

I am very happy you survived the booze-less apocalypse that you brought on from your break.

Thanks for doing that again, you sure are showing you're worth not throwing in the goblin pit.

Thanks,
Your Overseer
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 27, 2011, 06:10:30 pm »

To: Urist (General)
RE: Idiots

To the general populace.

It has once again dragged it's ugly head out of the mire of stupidity. The seemingly mindless zombies have outwitted you and destroyed the fort, how? I have no idea. Perhaps the leadership of the good doctor should be brought into qestion? He seemed to have dissapeared when the time came to carry out his duty of sealing the main population inside the hollow and himself inside his office. Perhaps it was the fool who decided to let free the defences against the initial wave? Or the morons who wished to collect the material goods?
Whoever it was, congrats. The grand basillica in which the great past leader, your saviour and divining grace in the time of trolls, now lay, has been smashed, his tomb destroyed an a full half of the population obliterated.
I remind you once again, success is guaranteed not at your capacity for thought, but at your capacity for following orders. It is not your prerogative to deem what is needed to be done, that privlidge lies with me and a select few. The only Dworf in hammerforged I trusted with such privlidge was the Dworf engraved right across your great hall, the one now entomed in a pile of rubble who died defending you. He was the clever one, not because he could think but because he chose not to think.
Consider this fact as your cleaning out the corpses of your bretheren and consider yourself lucky I don't end you all for this stupidity born of arrogance.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 28, 2011, 03:38:39 am »

Dear Goblin raiders.

I appreciate your efforts to bring down my fortress. I really do. It's always nice to see motivated, dynamic, inventive young people, even if they're commited to the gory death of everyone in our fair undercity.
Anyhow, while your attempt to ambush the human diplomat and frame us is basically a good idea, you may want to be more careful in its execution. Specifically, you should avoid assaulting a fire-breathing, demonic, chameleon-shaped death machine. Just saying. Now, the whole mountain prairie is a blasted wasteland covered with ashes, and with your warriors' cremated bones.

Signed : Militia captain, Main tower command, Red Mountain outpost

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 28, 2011, 10:05:42 am »

Dear Urist.

Both of your arms are broken in two places. You have lost some motor function. You have major internal injuries. You are leaving a trail of blood and vomit wherever you go.
Go to the hospital. Dont sit in the dining room complaining of having nothing to do.

Sincerely, Me.
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Agith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: June 28, 2011, 11:21:51 am »

Dear Urist Mcfallsalot

When I tell one miner to dig a trap.. Please stop deciding you should help and jumping 15 Z levels to splatter yourself and make my trap seem less classy.
Also
Dear Urist McHospitalTender
Please move those crutches to the containers in the hospital and not in the stockpile as I have a feeling we'll be needing them alot thanks to Urist Mcfallsalot
With love
Your drown happy patron

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 28, 2011, 01:34:14 pm »

Dear Cobald McNobility,
I did not make any copper items. Why? We had just started the hole-in-the-ground we call "home" and had not actually found any copper ore. Or any ore. We still haven't.
So you got angry and wanted to punish someone. Who did you choose?
A miner, our militia commander, who arrived mere moments before your mandate expired and has not even reached the bridge crossing the river yet. You sentenced him to two months in a prison we do not even have!
Prepare to be disappointed.
Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Ovrsr.
P.S. I think you should be glad you didn't hurt him when you beat him. I would like to test my newest device, set right next to your room, at some point.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 28, 2011, 05:10:32 pm »

Dear Kalanenir Usithbembul, cave crocodile,

However much it pains me, you do deserve some respect in downing no less than a dozen of my dwarves. Considering that one of them seems to have removed all of your teeth with a copper hammer, no less than six of those were from, apparently, shoving them around. (Seriously, there's pages of 'the croc pushes Urist McIdiot in the chest')

Especially worthy, considering the bronze bolt lodged in your face.

I'll notice you quit when you picked on your first minor, though. You pushed him in the thigh, mildly bruising it, and he told you to kindly go piss off via a pick delivered directly to the heart.

Learn to pick your targets better.

Dear Duradzulash, troll,

You are the reason the cave croc killed so many--because the military's been beating on your unconscious form for months now, letting him run a rampage.

Seriously, just die.

Before you go, I do want to congratulate you on the indirectly but aptly chosen moniker, 'Beardpain'. Good job.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 28, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »

Dear Urist McMasterMiner,
Please, you spend most of your time running from spot to spot. Please mine out one spot at a time.
Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Ovrsr.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 504