Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1490781 times)

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2850 on: February 17, 2012, 05:44:46 am »

Dear Urist McHunter,

I doubted your common sense was normal enough when you started punching that berserk cook I ordered you to kill as the militia commander instead of shooting him just because I figured it was clear enough for you if I didn't state the crossbow in your equip. Even if you decided to spare your ammo, why wouldn't you use that heavy thing in melee? Nevertheless, it passes now to your fellow Urist McRanger and you are getting your coffin.
Sincerely,
your disappointed overseer.
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: February 17, 2012, 07:35:11 am »

I also see how losing your left lower arm, a toe, a tooth, and getting your nose broken might give you some bad thoughts, but I would think that didn't quite count as "sustaining minor injuries lately," as you claim.
Since you seem to look on the bright side, you do seem to have "had a nice bath recently," which other dwarves would have called "getting their stump rot cleaned."
You need to sheath that sword and use your good hand to start dragging people inside. I don't care if you are happy enough with just enough left arm to strap a shield to, Urist McLieutenantDan out in the field can't just 'walk it off'.
I had a miner a while back who had both hands, left lower arm and left ear torn off by an alligator. He was still "quite content", and apparently fully convinced he was still able to mine, as he kept spamming "Cancels pickup equipment: too injured" messages.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: February 17, 2012, 07:41:48 am »

I also see how losing your left lower arm, a toe, a tooth, and getting your nose broken might give you some bad thoughts, but I would think that didn't quite count as "sustaining minor injuries lately," as you claim.
Since you seem to look on the bright side, you do seem to have "had a nice bath recently," which other dwarves would have called "getting their stump rot cleaned."
You need to sheath that sword and use your good hand to start dragging people inside. I don't care if you are happy enough with just enough left arm to strap a shield to, Urist McLieutenantDan out in the field can't just 'walk it off'.
I had a miner a while back who had both hands, left lower arm and left ear torn off by an alligator. He was still "quite content", and apparently fully convinced he was still able to mine, as he kept spamming "Cancels pickup equipment: too injured" messages.

He intended to use his beard to manipulate the pick, obviously.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: February 17, 2012, 07:42:51 am »

Dear Urist McVampire:

I found you, and I locked you in a room to die. Not only have you managed to engrave the entire room, I have also noticed that you never get hungry, thirsty, or sleepy. Congratulations! You're the new broker!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: February 17, 2012, 08:02:20 am »

Dear Urist Mcundead;

STAY DOWN!

sssssssSSSOOOOOOOOCCCCKKKKSSSSSSSsssssss

Sincerely;

Urist McUndead

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: February 17, 2012, 08:21:29 am »

Dear Urist McVampire:

I found you, and I locked you in a room to die. Not only have you managed to engrave the entire room, I have also noticed that you never get hungry, thirsty, or sleepy. Congratulations! You're the new broker!

That is far more awesome than any method of weaponising vampires! Using them as a broker who actually shows up to trade! :D
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: February 17, 2012, 08:23:32 am »

Dear Urist McVampire:

That is far more awesome than any method of weaponising vampires! Using them as a broker who actually shows up to trade! :D

so, what happens when he kills your 3 legendary workers and your legendary ax lord...
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:34 am »

Dear Urist McFurnaceworkers,

You do know you are the last dwarves in this machine before I download the new version. You also know we're generally wearing the bronze armor we've scrounged, with iron passable once we make some steel.

We have iron. We have charcoal. We have marble. We don't have dwarves willing to make pig iron or steel.

If the next siege or uninvited guest is anything like the last, they will come on the heels of the caravan, so I'm not closing the gates. We need that steel.

Get to it!
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: February 17, 2012, 08:44:29 am »

Dear Urist McVampire:

so, what happens when he kills your 3 legendary workers and your legendary ax lord...
oh, no, you dump the occasional immigrant child into his room to feed him, then once traders turn up, put him in the trade depot opposite his room, (making sure all of the goods have arrived before him) then trade ASAP, once traded, burrow him into his room, then simply rinse and repeat.

that's cruel. armok bless your soul
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: February 17, 2012, 08:56:45 am »

Dear Urist McVampire:

oh, no, you dump the occasional immigrant child into his room to feed him, then once traders turn up, put him in the trade depot opposite his room, (making sure all of the goods have arrived before him) then trade ASAP, once traded, burrow him into his room, then simply rinse and repeat.

that's cruel. armok bless your soul

I think the dead axedwarf problem will also be solvable as soon as someone figures out a way to turn the entire fortress (or at least the important dwarves) into vampires - they don't attack each other, do they?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: February 17, 2012, 09:45:45 am »

Dear Urist McMigrants,

This is not a daycare. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Overseer

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: February 17, 2012, 11:14:57 am »

Dear Urist mcIwantthisasapet

Was it very clever of you to open the doors and let the 12 giant badgers in wehn our only form of defense was a 4 dwarf strong militia with on training gear......

Sincerely,

The man who can make your life HELL!!!!
If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: February 17, 2012, 08:20:00 pm »

Dear Urist McMigrants,

This is not a daycare. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Overseer

We're all left together in a large room for most of the year with nothing to do.  What did you think would happen?

Sincerely
Urist Mc-

Urist McMigrant cancels reply: Participating in Dining Hall Orgy

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: February 18, 2012, 02:08:52 am »

Dear Dwarves

Pay no attention to the voices in your head telling you to do things. There is no almighty yet incompetent force controlling you, causing you to die through mismanagement when viewing history shows you do a better job yourselves. Do not be alarmed. Continue about your business. Do not resist.

Sincerely,
Non-existent Overseer
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: February 18, 2012, 03:12:25 am »

We're all left together in a large room for most of the year with nothing to do.  What did you think would happen?

Sincerely
Urist Mc-

Urist McMigrant cancels reply: Participating in Dining Hall Orgy
Oh no, I don't mean you guys--I'll get to you constant procreators next.

Menacingly,

Overseer.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 504