Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1492988 times)

Whackjob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5010 on: June 02, 2013, 08:50:42 am »

Actually, I was just out to amuse someone.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: June 05, 2013, 04:31:40 am »

To the thirsty residents of Angel Abbey in the Hive Primus Underhive,

There's enough purified water for everyone, you stupid fools just have to be patient. If you could do that, then ou wouldn't be spamming sludge jellies are scaring you when you try to drink that polluted gunk flowing through the valley that is trying to pass itself off as water.

Thank you,
Settlement Head

Rainbow_Lizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Killing Kea 8 days a week
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: June 05, 2013, 10:58:49 am »

Dear Urist McParty-Goers
I appreciate your need to unwind, and how muck you like parties. I also appreciate that I should put my statue garden further into the fortress, or at least not right next to the gate. But I do think that it's a bad idea to party over there when a hunter saw a walking nanny goat skeleton. I know, you could not have expected it, but thanks to this party, we lost five dwarves to the undead, all because you kept trying to run back there to continue partying. It doesn't help that the Child who started the party was snatched by a goblin.
Yours Truly,
Your loving overseer

Dear Urist McConspiracy,
We know why you started the party. We know you were working with the Goblins. We know your little green friends raised that goat. Your head would become a red sludge if you hadn't been taken home by your friends.
Hoping to kill you,
The loving overseer you betrayed.
The sponge now has a natural predator: THE WAGONMANCER

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:53 am »

DearOverseer;

We are only doin' as you permit.  We only hold parties at designated meeting areas.  Statue gardens, wells, dining rooms and other physical designations.  If you dono' want us to party there then tell us by undesignating the meeting area.  Even if you redesignate it later just undesignating for a tick or two will make us stop the party.

And I refuse to dignify your ludicris statement challenging my dwarfiness.
  Urist McConspiracy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:22:42 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rainbow_Lizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Killing Kea 8 days a week
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: June 05, 2013, 11:44:03 am »

DearOverseer;

We are only doin' as you permit.  We only hold parties at designated meeting areas.  Statue gardens, wells, dining rooms and other physical designations.  If you dono' want us to party there then tell us by undesignating the meeting area.  Even if you redesignate it later just undesignating for a tick or two will make us stop the party.

And I refuse to dignify your ludicris statement challenging my dwarfiness.
  Urist McConspiracy

But How? You were taken by the goblins. You should be in their goblin training yard, being congratulated from your masterfully planned party and training your weapons.
The sponge now has a natural predator: THE WAGONMANCER

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: June 05, 2013, 12:13:54 pm »

'q' and looking for the item designated as a meeting area.  I believe its always 'm' to designate/undesignate a room, but the room will tell you.

You could also use the room tab, but I dont.  Note that meeting areas dedignated with 'i' and 'm' (which have no physical component) do not allow parties.

Its my guess you made a statue or well a meeting area, although other constructions can be them as well.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: June 05, 2013, 03:55:33 pm »

I believe its always 'm' to designate/undesignate a room, but the room will tell you.
With item-based rooms it's 'f' to free up the room and 'r' to remake it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: June 05, 2013, 04:33:43 pm »

oh.  shows how many parties I allow. :P
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: June 06, 2013, 06:31:27 am »

Dear Animal Trainers,
Why are you not training those war turkeys? They don't train themselves to swarm over their enemies and get chopped to pieces.

Sincerely,
Overseer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: June 10, 2013, 04:09:02 pm »

dear Urist McMiner and companions,
yes the stone is hot, this is because it is under the magma resevoir, no it is not dangerous, i assure you the magma is not going to leak through, do you not have faith in the floor you yourselves mined out? if any of you die, i promise that you will be the first to be hammered for incompetence
sincerely, your overseer

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: June 19, 2013, 12:28:14 pm »

Dear Greedy SOB Dwarven traders

Could you explain what exactly you mean by tell me that you can't imagine me getting all those item? i was willing to offer a 22000 dwarfbuck profit for those barres of booze and a couple blueprints. a 22k profit. 22k EXTRA PROFIT!

Die
Sincerely Local overseer

Dear Rebelling Melita Commander

Ok look i know those merchants were once part of are own civ, but they had it coming! You are currently single handily besieging the fortress you swore to protect, if you stop killing any civilian that walks outside ill get the boy to drop the charges, come on what do you say?
P,S, could you tell your former training partner and rebel in arms to stop beating the cook over the head with a shoe? Shes been at it for a year now.

Terrified thefish1992

To 14 survivors of of the Stable Corridors.

Ok i convinced the last surviving rebel to dig into the volcano, now if we can get to burying the 95 dead and stop worrying about that blasted giant bee it would be great.

Sincerely thefish1992.

To the new LOYAL militia of the Stable Corridors

Due to certain shortages in the armory I am going to issue you all war unicorns, please take better care of them than your former war boars.

Sincerely thefish1992
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:17:27 pm by thefish1992 »
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: June 19, 2013, 01:44:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy shit, you survived a loyalty cascade?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: June 19, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »

by the skin of my teeth, i was able to lock the rebels outside, in the end saving 14 dwarves out of 109. now the fort is back up to about 122 dwarves and i have invested in alternate way of killing the dwarven mearchants.
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Tovical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: June 19, 2013, 06:01:59 pm »

Dear Urist McIronteeth,

Your devotion and zeal are commendable, but you should probably save your energy for the endless goblin hordes. The kea was a nuisance but dismembering it with your teeth like a rabid dog was overkill.

Signed,
Your Overseer

P.S. I have given you, and your comrades, a full complement of iron gear. If I see you using your *teeth* on a goblin, I'll have you gutted by your replacement.

StoneToad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: June 19, 2013, 06:20:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have you checked if he's a vampire?
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 504