Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501152 times)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5220 on: August 31, 2013, 02:19:54 pm »

Dear Elven Merchant:

How the fuck did you fall into my river together with your donkey?
I am deeply sorry that you broke your spine when you fell down the waterfall and then died, but seriously, the bridge is wide, how did you fall?

Do you know your superiors now think I stole all the stuff you left in my river after falling? See what you done, you little tree hugger?

Sincerely,
 - Fort Overseer.

He's trying to provoke a diplomatic incident, give the elves an excuse to swoop in riding unicorns and murder your dwarves. Perhaps it's a covert elven splinter cell, or maybe the elders know all about it. Personally, I believe the Kobolds are behind it all, maybe trying to distract you with a dwarf-elf war while they steal your stuff.

Dear Urist McHunter,

Honestly, there are better times to be hunting, goblin ambushes are dangerous, and you will replace the loyal dwarf who is currently in hospital recovering from the damage he took saving your useless ass. Enjoy being the leader of your very own squad, "DoomedCrutches". Cavern exploration begins tomorrow, and I promise to promote you to Adamantine spire guard, should you be available when the opportunity presents itself. *)

With all the respect you are due,
                                                Kero
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:33:58 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: August 31, 2013, 02:40:54 pm »

Dear Elven Merchant:

How the fuck did you fall into my river together with your donkey?
I am deeply sorry that you broke your spine when you fell down the waterfall and then died, but seriously, the bridge is wide, how did you fall?

Just to be a killjoy and give a proper answer:
All units consider 'shallow' water as perfectly pathable, which unfortunately includes the shallow water just above a waterfall; and as long as they consider a tile pathable, they make absolutely no distinction between a 100% safe bridge and a 100% deadly riverbed. The last few tiles before the fall itself don't have ramps, which mitigates the issue a bit but doesn't completely remove it. If any traders have to cross a river with a waterfall to get to you, you better build an extra ten tiles of wall on the riverbank, just to prevent suicide pathing. It was much worse in earlier versions, btw.

Incidentally, the worst you can expect from the elven civ are more poorly-stocked caravans. Currently it's virtually impossible to really anger them unless you edit the game files.

Dear Elk Bird,
we were a bit annoyed when you refused to leave the map for most of a season, after the rest of your flock had already left. But since you were very co-operative when we sent the axedwarf squad to remove you from the map, everything is forgiven and we happily welcome you to our larder.

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: September 01, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »

Dear everybody in this sh*thole you consider to be your Town,

I have no idea how you manage that, but please stop dropping stuffs everywhere for no reason. Seriously, how can you explain that 80% of you little careless smurfs spend most of your time carrying stuff all around the fort and not working ? I don't even know how we could still have anything to carry around, as you work so rarely that we produce basically nothing. Stop that, I'm annoyed to spend my time Therapisting your haulings labors.

Sincerely yours,

OCD Overseer

Nota : and why the bloody hell don't you use all the nice wheelbarrows to go a little faster ?!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:32:17 pm by aiseant »
http://tenshedkadol.wordpress.com/

As a Urist McFrenchy, please forgive my english

Heck, only the elves would tame a leech. [...] Just for this, I'm starting up lead goblet production. Anyone who tries to sell me a tame leech deserves to die from lead poisoning.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: September 01, 2013, 07:16:06 pm »

Dear dying giant wombat:
Why you not die?!

And also, dear hunter:
You still have blots, go kill him you asshole!

Sincerly.
Your mama
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: September 01, 2013, 11:15:33 pm »

Dear Every Civilian:

Our soldiers all just died horrible deaths. The solution for that is not to run onto the battlefield for no reason and get yourself killed.

~Irontomato

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: September 02, 2013, 02:10:21 am »

Dear Every Civilian:

Our soldiers all just died horrible deaths. The solution for that is not to run onto the battlefield for no reason and get yourself killed.

~Irontomato

But!  But!  Armok... Look at their SOCKS!  I MUST HAVE THEIR SOCKS!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: September 02, 2013, 02:51:35 pm »

Dear Frogman:
I don't want to know why or how you entered my fort, neither I care about the child you pushed of a 20 z-levels waterfall, but his parents do, so stop it, you ruined my fort pushing that little bastard.

Dear Urtist Mc Theshittiestmilitiaever:
Shoot the frogman on the face! Not on the foot, not in the crotch, in the face!

Dear Shiosdhdfijsohxibiringui, kobold thief:
My fort is on a delicate tantrum situation rigth now, a couple is punching the mayor, the militia is being fucked up by a frogman, so leave that iron dagger on the floor and GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: September 02, 2013, 05:34:05 pm »

Dear Frogman:
I don't want to know why or how you entered my fort, neither I care about the child you pushed of a 20 z-levels waterfall, but his parents do, so stop it, you ruined my fort pushing that little bastard.

Dear Urtist Mc Theshittiestmilitiaever:
Shoot the frogman on the face! Not on the foot, not in the crotch, in the face!

Dear Shiosdhdfijsohxibiringui, kobold thief:
My fort is on a delicate tantrum situation rigth now, a couple is punching the mayor, the militia is being fucked up by a frogman, so leave that iron dagger on the floor and GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

(Exhibit B in my "Kobolds are behind/control everything and use other races as a distraction" theory *GET*  :P)
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: September 03, 2013, 04:46:33 am »

[ ... ]
(Exhibit B in my "Kobolds are behind/control everything and use other races as a distraction" theory *GET*  :P)

And to think that they called you MAD! HOW could they? but this will SHOW THEM! AHAHA! AHAHAHAHA!!!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: September 03, 2013, 10:49:49 am »

[ ... ]

And to think that they called you MAD! HOW could they? but this will SHOW THEM! AHAHA! AHAHAHAHA!!!

I feel I should point out that I am yet to actually be called mad for knowing The Truth yet. Otherwise, thanks for the moral support, lol.

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: September 03, 2013, 01:59:01 pm »

Dear Hunters:
 I have recently breached a massive cave system, however I am unable to seal it off right now due to a massive engineering "issue" .
Please stop going into the deepest caverns to find animals to hunt. I'm seriously getting tired of sending my ax dwarves down to rescue you's all the time.
Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

Rokh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: September 03, 2013, 02:28:27 pm »

Dear Urist McPlanter:

No, we didn't run out of plump helmet spawn. I don't know what you understand by "run out", but where I come from, having a stock of 5.000 of 'em doesn't count as "running out".

Sincerely yours,
Me.
This is a husk of corn of husks of corn. It is encrusted with husks of corn. It is made from husks of corn. This object is adorned with hanging husks of corn. On the item there are images of husks of corn in husks of corn.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: September 03, 2013, 06:04:59 pm »

Dear Tekkud Rathastis, Chief Mason,

When I set out with the intent of building a castle aboveground, I knew that I would need a lot of stonework done early. That's why I brought you and your two subordinates along. To expedite the initial building process. You must have known this, so why is it that only one of you is ever working at a time? There are plenty of boulders to make into blocks, and plenty of constructions have already been planned. Yet you and Inod are always drinking, sleeping, or "on break" while Tobul does all the work. We are NOT taking shelter underground, so our survival depends on your hard work. We've already spotted dingoes across the river, and giant thirps flying around the top of the hill. They seem to be pretty common in this area.

Food for thought,
The Administration
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: September 04, 2013, 04:52:45 pm »

[ ... ]

THEY'LL RUE THE DAY THEY SCORNED KERO42! BLOOD TO ARMOK! SOCKS TO ARMOK!

Dear Were-Coyote,

GET A NEW JOB AND A PROPER BEARD-STYLE, ELF. YOU ONLY KILLED ONE ANIMAL. ONE. AN ANGRY CHILD FLAILING HIS FISTS AT AN INFANT DID THRICE THAT MUCH DAMAGE TO THIS FORTRESS. YOU WERE OUTDONE BY A SEVEN YEAR OLD THAT COULDN'T STAND HAVING HIS DINGLE SPOTTED. YOU ARE -NOTHING-, AND IF I SEE YOU AROUND THIS TOWN AGAIN I WILL SELL YOU TO YOUR COWARDLY ELVEN BRETHREN WITH A SHIPMENT OF IRON CHAINS AND SILK THONGS.

...*Clears throat,*

Dear Vampire,

I've got you now. Your hand's all busted up from my hammerer beating you and you'll have to wait for the doctor to help you before you decide to get up. This can go two ways and two ways only. You submit to my will and go to the eternal prison I have assigned and devised for you, or you will suffer an unfortunate accident involving a cage and elves and the purchase of something trivial, like socks.

Dear Urist,

Would you like to explain to me what is taking so long for you to build the road and carve the wall fortifications? I have stone stockpiles on the surface, plenty of perfectly sturdy rock salt mined from the earth for your use. Yet you deign to run down six stories to my other stockpiles to grab blocks I've intended for use in my other projects.

You're inefficient, Urist. So were the goblins, and they're at the bottom of the river now. I am told that there are socks under those waves. You may be sent to investigate personally if you don't shape up.

To all with great sincerity, your Overseer, Master and Malific Force controlling the world-renowned adventurer Indrick Boreale.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:32 am »

Dear Overseer,

Of course there's lots of rock salt up here, I hauled it myself.

You told me to use the blocks.

As nice as the socks sound, I'd rather not see them. You see, I have lots of friends, too. They wouldn't be too happy that I disappeared after using their fine blockws to build a beautiful, smooth road.

Urist.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 504