Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1491480 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #5685 on: April 16, 2014, 01:39:28 am »

A summation of my most recent fort:

Hi wandering tick couple!  We don't have any issues with you guys, so lalalala.  We are just going to collapse our wagon underground to avoid that cloud over there.  lalala.

[tick man goes to investigate]
[tick woman screams in brief agony]
[tick arm, tick head, tick torso, tick man thralls walk to ditch]

~fin

fastest.  fort.  ever.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: April 16, 2014, 03:01:59 am »

A summation of my most recent fort:

Hi wandering tick couple!  We don't have any issues with you guys, so lalalala.  We are just going to collapse our wagon underground to avoid that cloud over there.  lalala.

[tick man goes to investigate]
[tick woman screams in brief agony]
[tick arm, tick head, tick torso, tick man thralls walk to ditch]

~fin

fastest.  fort.  ever.

Strike the earth!
A section of the cavern has collapsed!
Your fortress has crumbled to its end.

Waxonian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: April 16, 2014, 08:09:32 am »

Because it's just not normal for a dwarf to die of old age.

My current fortress notes 3 dwarfes which died of old age, 15 years after foundation. One was a elite marksdwarf, unfortunately. Good old Urist McSharpshooter, rest peaceful in your tomb.

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: April 16, 2014, 08:28:06 am »

Dear children of Dodokmidor,

I'm am aware there are only 30 adults to look after all 60 plus of you. I am also aware that you seem to be forming large roving gangs in order to attract the attention of certain said adults. There is however a reason we live in the 3rd cavern layer - I'm a sadistic overlord who loves forgotten beast extract the surface is somewhat overflowing with goblins. When our legendary swordsdwarf - nicknamed "the silvery blazes of rhythm" - does go outside it's pretty obvious what she's going for. Please stop following her, I've assigned you all to a nice burrow with everything you could ever want, unlike the outside which only has sharp objects headng in your direction at high speed. Although our military is highly trained at avoiding said objects you are not, and the surface is covered wth enough bodies as it is.

Sincerely, your concerned overseer.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: April 18, 2014, 04:48:12 am »

Dear ghosts of Ramearth,

I understand you want to be properly buried and go to the afterlife.I also want you to get out of my fort.If you stop chopping off the legs of my (very few) dwarfs,i might as well manage to properly memorialize you.Everyone wins.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: April 19, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »

Dear Urist McIdiot,

You just fell asleep while working on walling off the aquifer. While the aquifer is still flowing at you. How do you even manage that?! On top of that, you're a lyemaker in a fortress that was founded THIS YEAR! Why are you even here? Did you go melancholy and the game forgot to tell me?!
Luckily for you, plans have been made for the Lavadome, and we'd like to offer you the prestigious chance to be the very first person to see the interior of it!

With much hatred,
Your malevolent Overseer.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Waxonian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: April 20, 2014, 04:34:48 am »

Dear Urist McStonehauler

I appreciate your effort to supply rock to all these masterly masons and crafters. But did you know: there is plenty of rock everywhere in the fortress - not only at that minecart track. Rock in the hallways, rock in the dining rooms, rock everwhere. Why did you want to get that stone far in the most distant corner of this dwarven subway tunnel? What was so particular with that piece of mudstone that made you to walk hours into darkness? What was your intention: to trick your companions to save you having your legs broken out of that high traffic minecart route?

I must confess I didn't disable that single one stone, but I'm sorry, I didn't realize what attraction it was for you. I really hope the surgeon will master your complex injuries, so we can discuss about your love for that mudstone later.

Sincerely
your overseer

Jack Smythe

• Bay Watcher
  • What would Urist do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: April 20, 2014, 08:59:33 am »

Dear Urist Mc-Didn't-Pull-the-Lever,

Dear Armok, everyone's going to die. The goblins are coming out of the walls! Game over, man, game over!

Your Overseer,
Jack McScrewed
Many say that humanity is a naturally good and benevolent race. Obviously, they have yet to meet us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: April 23, 2014, 02:01:50 pm »

Dear Miner:

Good job with the mining.  I told you to dig out a path from the cavern lake to the little cavern pond that touches the edge, and you did.  I told you to sneak by the hostile cave swallowmen, and you did.  I told you to dig up, and you did.  I just did not realize that there was a third pond I did not see.  You created a whirlpool that took you a month to crawl out of.  luckily you were quick to learn to swim.

That said.

Why do you think it is a good idea to pass out from exhaustion on the shore of the lake, within sight of the tribals and with all kinds of olms and crocs wandering around?  Do you think I am made of copper picks?  Get your arse topside and don't get riddled with darts.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: April 23, 2014, 03:40:34 pm »

Greetings, Urist McMason,

While your efforts in singlehandedly constructing the archer's pillbox out in front of the fortress is certainly appreciated, the work would go much faster if you would not build yourself into corners every other minute, requiring either mind-numbing micromanagement, or that the newly built wall or fortification to be torn down so that you may return home and not starve to death on the wall.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: April 23, 2014, 07:50:12 pm »

Greetings, Urist McMason,

While your efforts in singlehandedly constructing the archer's pillbox out in front of the fortress is certainly appreciated, the work would go much faster if you would not build yourself into corners every other minute, requiring either mind-numbing micromanagement, or that the newly built wall or fortification to be torn down so that you may return home and not starve to death on the wall.
I'd let 'em starve myself. He's practically asked for it at this point.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: May 04, 2014, 07:24:43 pm »

Dear Urist McPussyEngraver: Why you have a "Have witnessed death recently" unhappy tougth when you willingly took that plump helmet man to the butcher and slaugthered him? If you don't like killing things then DON'T KILL THINGS.
Utterly confused.
The overseer.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: May 05, 2014, 01:05:31 pm »

Dear overseer:

I had no idea it would be like that! I've never done this before!

Urist McPussyEngraver
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: May 05, 2014, 01:19:10 pm »

Dear (soon to be) old mayor of senserag

Amulets? Seriously? you mandate and forbid the exporting of amulet!?
ok thats fine. whatever i will fill that mandate later, but before you go, could i get your opinoin on this trash compactor? Theirs this little detail under it i would like you to see.

Your overseer.

Dear New Mayor of senserag

It was a terrible tragedy. that poor old mayor, crushed into dust. Real shame that, but you wont have to worry about that will you? now what mandate will you make sir? Something nice? Helmets and buckets you say? I can do that, just stay away from trash compactors and amulets my friend and i'm sure we will get along just fine.

Your ever caring overseer.

Dear Ballista operator.

You have to be shitting me! I know ballistas are extremly inaccurate but they cant be THIS bad! I mean how dificult is it to shoot a ballita arrow down a one wide hallway? The Barnum and Baileys Hell time show is canned in that hallway, now get drunk, get on the war machine, AND SHOOT STRAIT!!!

Your Less than understanding overseer

Dear military of the Former fortress of senserag

Well that's is guys. you could have done it you know that? you could have beaten the circus. you had them at that choke point, you were clad in steel and they were all made of material that steel could cut. You had it..... and blew it.
i don't know why you thought moving to the stair way was a good idea, but that is what you did. half of you tripped almost immediately into the magma at the bottom. the other half didn't do much better. but its okay. it was fun, and that's what matters. So to you my dwarves in steel i raise my glass. To the fun of the loss my dear dwarves, and my the loser always have fun.

Sincerest farewell from your overseer,
Thefish1992.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:25:49 pm by thefish1992 »
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: May 05, 2014, 04:12:28 pm »

Dear overseer:

I had no idea it would be like that! I've never done this before!

Urist McPussyEngraver
Actually, you did, you mercilessly killed a coyote like seven seconds before that, and you had a HAPPY tought about that. Just... Keep engraving please.

Overseer.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 504