Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1484709 times)

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #6930 on: April 03, 2017, 12:18:12 am »

Dear past self.

Did you REALLY need to make like a thousand bags? We're sending them all the the Trade Depot

Two weeks later

Oh MY GOD. How many of these fucking things are there? There's STILL a steady stream of dwarves hauling them away from the magma glass furnace! Moving all these bags out is SINGLE-HANDEDLY uncluttering the furnace!

Dear Future Self:

You're about to regret that. If you had filled them with sand and abandoned them in a stockpile, you would have been able to make more glass items. As it is, you're going to use up all your leather and fabric in future, making enough bags to put seeds, sand and everything else in, in just a few more weeks.

Have fun watching every seat, throne and chair in your fort get covered with seeds over winter. No dwarf will put seeds in a pot or barrel without first putting them in a bag....

--Past Self.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: April 03, 2017, 02:20:03 am »

Dear past self:

we still have PLENTY of sand bags and empty bags.

Dear moody dorfs:

What the hell is with you guys and spears? Two Adamantine spears, one iron spears. I mean, I'm all for artifact weaponry, but seriously, not even a sword? I accidentally left our sole Adamantine Masterwork short sword in the 3rd cavern and don't want to open THAT up until we finish patching and/or securing the second cavern.

.........and/or converting the flooded area near the adamantine tube into magma sea-level farms.

I......may have forgotten to patch the top and bottom diagonals, sending water pouring down the stairs.

Plus would it kill you to throw out a Platinum War Hammer to go along with the Gold one you guys made?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:47:59 am by Maul_Junior »
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: April 03, 2017, 07:12:54 pm »

Dear past self:

we still have PLENTY of sand bags and empty bags.

Dear moody dorfs:

What the hell is with you guys and spears? Two Adamantine spears, one iron spears. I mean, I'm all for artifact weaponry, but seriously, not even a sword? I accidentally left our sole Adamantine Masterwork short sword in the 3rd cavern and don't want to open THAT up until we finish patching and/or securing the second cavern.

.........and/or converting the flooded area near the adamantine tube into magma sea-level farms.

I......may have forgotten to patch the top and bottom diagonals, sending water pouring down the stairs.

Plus would it kill you to throw out a Platinum War Hammer to go along with the Gold one you guys made?
Dear future self:

Got it, will make lots of artifact rings and thongs instead.

R/Past Self

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6933 on: April 03, 2017, 09:49:46 pm »

Dear Uric McFoodPoisoningSeeingCrazyShit

STOP BESERKING WHENEVER YOU EAT!

What...how... Wait, I think I know.

i-fucking-love-sandwiches.jpg" title="i-fucking-love-sandwiches.jpg
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: April 03, 2017, 11:36:32 pm »

Dear Dodok McSwordmaster

Masterwork Adamantine Short Swords are for stabbing or slicing, not slapping.

You scared the CRAP out of me when I read the battle report about your sword glancing away from the Forgotten Beast.

STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR FOOD AND KILL THE DAMN THING

Wrestler McMinerson:

I applaud your attempt to bite a Forgotten Beast in the teeth
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:40:06 pm by Maul_Junior »

there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: April 05, 2017, 06:21:58 am »

Dear Human traders:

Please come back, the dead dwarves, dogs and cyclops have been cleaned up, the floor is no longer coated in a thick coat of blood and thousands of teeth, and we are ready to trade with you. It was pure chance that you arrived directly after our epic macedorf battle with a cyclops, and it won't happen again. We would love to trade with you. We are about to have some excellent tooth-decorated dog-leather boots available for sale, if you're at all interested?

--The Dorfs of Portalmile.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: April 05, 2017, 06:29:14 am »

Dear Geshud the Herbalist,

I respect your courage, but please get back in and stop crawling after that Giant Rhesus Macaque while shouting "I will have my revenge!" It already mauled you very badly and in your present state you can't even catch it. Let the nice miner to take to the hospital before you bleed out, and let the militia deal with the monkey.

Sincerely,
the Overseer
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:31:11 am by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: April 05, 2017, 05:33:01 pm »

Wrestler McMinerson:

I applaud your attempt to bite a Forgotten Beast in the teeth

Oh, my word. I LOLd but I was already on the exhale and just wheezed a little, like Muttley. Can I sig that?

feel free

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: April 06, 2017, 10:09:43 pm »

I respect your courage, but please get back in and stop crawling after that Giant Rhesus Macaque while shouting "I will have my revenge!" It already mauled you very badly and in your present state you can't even catch it. Let the nice miner to take to the hospital before you bleed out, and let the militia deal with the monkey.

Sincerely,
the Overseer

Geshud: "But what's this long face about, Mr. McMiner; wilt thou not chase the white giant rhesus macaque! art not game for Moby Monkey Dick?"

McMiner: "I am game for his crooked jaw, and for the jaws of Death too, Herbalist Geshud, if it fairly comes in the way of the business we follow; but I came here to hunt ores, not my commander's vengeance. How many barrels will thy vengeance yield thee even if thou gettest it, Herbalist Geshud? it will not fetch thee much in our Mountainhome Trading Depot."

[...]

Geshud: "All visible objects, dwarf, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event--in the living act, the undoubted deed--there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If dwarf will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white macaque is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough. He tasks me; he heaps me; I see in him outrageous strength, with an inscrutable malice sinewing it. That inscrutable thing is chiefly what I hate; and be the white macaque agent, or be the white macaque principal, I will wreak that hate upon him. Talk not to me of blasphemy, dwarf; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me. For could the sun do that, then could I do the other; since there is ever a sort of fair play herein, jealousy presiding over all creations. But not my master, dwarf, is even that fair play. Who's over me? Truth hath no confines."

[...]

Geshud: "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering monkey; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

(with apologies to Herman Melville)

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: April 10, 2017, 01:32:19 pm »

McMelville cancels rant - interrupted by giant sperm whale

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: April 11, 2017, 04:44:36 pm »

Note from Armok to the Dwarven civilization Lokum Mazib,

What in the name of Me are you thinking? Out of all the stupid things I have seen dwarves do in the many worlds I have built, I have never seen something so beard-rottingly stupid! for what Me-forsaken reason have you forged such an alliance with those child-snatching goblins that 13 of your fifteen royal members are goblins? You lost your king for a reason! Get off your asses and shove off your oppressers, or else I will rain down a wrath you will never imagine possible!
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: April 11, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »

Sincerely,
the Overseer

Geshud: "But what's this long face about, Mr. McMiner; wilt thou not chase the white giant rhesus macaque! art not game for Moby Monkey Dick?"

McMiner: "I am game for his crooked jaw, and for the jaws of Death too, Herbalist Geshud, if it fairly comes in the way of the business we follow; but I came here to hunt ores, not my commander's vengeance. How many barrels will thy vengeance yield thee even if thou gettest it, Herbalist Geshud? it will not fetch thee much in our Mountainhome Trading Depot."

[...]

Geshud: "All visible objects, dwarf, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event--in the living act, the undoubted deed--there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If dwarf will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white macaque is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough. He tasks me; he heaps me; I see in him outrageous strength, with an inscrutable malice sinewing it. That inscrutable thing is chiefly what I hate; and be the white macaque agent, or be the white macaque principal, I will wreak that hate upon him. Talk not to me of blasphemy, dwarf; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me. For could the sun do that, then could I do the other; since there is ever a sort of fair play herein, jealousy presiding over all creations. But not my master, dwarf, is even that fair play. Who's over me? Truth hath no confines."

[...]

Geshud: "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering monkey; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

(with apologies to Herman Melville)

Thou art a god among dwarves
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: April 11, 2017, 10:23:11 pm »

Thanks, but I can't really take the credit. The apologies to Melville were because those are passages straight out of Moby-Dick with minor word substitutions. Nevertheless, I do appreciate the compliment (-:

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: April 11, 2017, 10:29:35 pm »

Dear Queen Asën Inethastod,

Y'know, I just wanna say thanks for being so...well, relaxed about the fact that I've ignored every single one of your mandates to date. I mean, obviously I was gonna ignore them; bucklers, after all, are useless. It's just...I prepared this whole deathtrap, you know? You would've pulled the lever and generated a cave-in that would knock you out with dust, and when you came to, you'd see that the lever closet off the throne room has now been completely blocked off from the rest of the fort by newly-fallen rock walls. It would've been really cool, and you would've starved to death there alone in the dark. So...yeah, thanks for, uh, not really throwing fits about all the missed mandates and necessitating the trap's use. That's...that's great. Thanks.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: April 12, 2017, 09:36:22 pm »

To the esteemed Doctor Ilral Kolbesmar,
c/o Office of the Chief Medical Dwarf

Although my client does appreciate the zeal with which you have attended to his care and the personal attention you have granted him, if your staff's recent behavior persists I will be forced to serve you a malpractice suit. I've attached a copy of the most recent invoice you sent. Why are there thirty items of "diagnose patient" in a single day? My client tells me that your staff will stand staring at him, walk three feet from the traction bench where they currently have him immobilized, and then return to stare some more.

Now, I understand the natural curiosity of interns, but this is a case of a simple compound fracture. Surely there are some troglodytes available to donate their bodies to science if your junior staff really needs learning material that badly.

I hope that this may be resolved in a civilized and straightforward manner, with no need to resort to bringing things before the "justice" system. I understand that there are several unsolved cases the Overseer would just love to have off her plate.

Yours sincerely,
Tirist Âbirmörul, counsel for Rimtar Kithìncerol
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 504