Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1473174 times)

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #7215 on: February 24, 2019, 10:02:08 pm »

To the survivors of Ochreransack.

If you would please do something about the corpses lying around that would be splendid. I know the recent changes to the stress system have been hard on you, but leaving bodies around to generate miasma isn't gonna help that any, ok?

By the way, would everyone bitten by a weretortoise please report to the hospital for quarantine?
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: March 13, 2019, 06:34:56 am »

Dear Urist McIdiotEngraver,
I don't know what your issue is, whether you think you dropped something (you didn't), or want to admire your carved fortification, that crappy floodgate, or the rough orthoclase walls, but if you continue to run up the filling well pipe until you get your head under water, get pushed down into the well, climb your bruised drowning self out, and repeat this, I won't be inclined to close the flow off.
I would have, but you're both learning to swim and being a big enough moron that I doubt it would be any major loss if you do drown.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: March 14, 2019, 02:41:55 am »

Dear forgotten beasts:
STOP.
The fortress isn't yet three years old and we've hosted seven of you. One of which roasted a jabberer and camped under the tree it set on fire until it collapsed and killed it, one got literally torn apart by wrestlers (a man made from mud, really?), the next killed the entire military and then got its skull caved in by a random spinner, another got unceremoniously eaten by a GCS, and the most threatening one got cocky in charging the resident bling ogres who didn't break a sweat beating it to death, and two just wandered off.
Seriously, give it a rest.
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: March 14, 2019, 05:47:51 am »

the resident bling ogres
So, what is this, exactly? ICP: Insane Cavern Posse? "Fuckin' mushrooms, how do they work?"

M.C. Ogre, "Can't See This?"

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: March 14, 2019, 09:59:35 am »

Dear Urist:

In addition to saving the lives of several civilians by buying them time to run inside, I am impressed by the positive attitude you maintained throughout.

Your tomb will reflect this.

Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: March 15, 2019, 01:54:04 am »

the resident bling ogres
So, what is this, exactly? ICP: Insane Cavern Posse? "Fuckin' mushrooms, how do they work?"

Well, that was a typo (how my spellcheck doesn't catch 'bling' I haven't the foggiest), but now I'm choosing to believe the largest of them is wearing a polished forgotten beast skull on a chain.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: March 16, 2019, 12:11:50 pm »

the resident bling ogres

Well, that was a typo (how my spellcheck doesn't catch 'bling' I haven't the foggiest), but now I'm choosing to believe the largest of them is wearing a polished forgotten beast skull on a chain.

He can't see anyway.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hengikjoptr

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves... Dwarves everywhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: March 19, 2019, 01:56:17 pm »

the resident bling ogres

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"...I ain't a savior. I'm what you call a juggalo and all I want is my flavor. Four simple things in this ditch, before I die..."

Ahem... Couldn't resist. Now, back to memo'ing...

Dear Urists McMigrants,

Where is that goldern scroll you brought?!
I'm really interested in censoring whatever freaky fiction with 'The Dwarf, My Life' title you brought.

Sincerely,
Hengikjoptr the Unsure
Will play for food.

brotundbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: March 20, 2019, 01:01:50 am »

Dear Urist McCarpenter,

I know starting a new fortress is exhausting work, and I know you're very tired after hauling everything in from the wagon, but if you could stay awake for five minutes and place the bed you just made, you could have a much better rest than if you just step out of your workshop and plop down in the dirt. I'm not saying you have to, but if you spend the next five years dwelling on how uncomfortable you were sleeping on the ground, I'm not going to be pleased.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: March 20, 2019, 09:17:29 am »

Dear Legendary Mace Dwarf,
I get that you are stressed, I get that you are upset but can you please stop killing those in the clinic who have minor wounds. If you are going o bash anyone in the head, please, let it be a cripple and not someone who just needs a band-aid and a good rinse.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Firebird766

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: March 22, 2019, 09:10:41 pm »

Dear Urist McMiners:

Yes, I've designated quite a large amount of terrain for you to dig. And I understand it might seem like a lot of work. But that is no excuse to dig one square, then go all the way to the stairs, down one floor, back so you can dig another square in the same general location but one floor down, only to go back up the squares to dig the square next to the one you originally dug.

I swear to Armok, I will throw the both of you in with the Doomed Migrant Squad and send you out to raid a necromancer tower if you keep this up.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: March 22, 2019, 11:32:32 pm »

Unfortunately thats just how the dig pattern is. Its best to designate either one z level at a time, or not place two active work zones directly on top of one another. Because they consider the dig pattern more important than the time lost/distance travelled between z-levels.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: March 23, 2019, 12:32:16 am »

Dear military of Pleatmountain,
When you are assigned armor of every type and no weapons, that means you are expected to train dodging and armor use. Wrestling, punching, etc. is an optional bonus.
It does not mean that, since you don't have weapons, you might as well hang out drinking.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: March 23, 2019, 01:05:53 am »

I demand you make two tables!

Re:demand for tables.
Alright, sir, your tables are finished.

Re:Re:demand for tables.
I want three more tables!

Re:Re:Re:demand for tables.
Fine, sir. Here's three more.

Re:Re:Re:Re:demand for tables.
Thank you, Urist McTablesmith.
TWO MORE TABLES!

Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:demand for tables.
Sigh. Alright, I finished up your ta----_

CRASH
TAAAAAAAABLESSSS!

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: March 23, 2019, 08:00:11 pm »

Dear Urist McUnhappy

I understand that it can be difficult to go on without your loved ones for an extended period of time, especially since you value family. This is magnified by the fact that the one you are missing is your wife. However, there is unfortunately nothing we can do to help you, as your wife and children must migrate to the fortress of their own free will.

Nonetheless, your extreme unhappiness is unacceptable. We have a large variety of activities and overall working conditions are good. There is no reason for you to be this unhappy, your only unhappy thoughts are from lack of family (which I fully understand and can sympathize with, but cannot do anything about) and your remembrance of the one time you ate without a table for no apparent reason, as the fortress has had a well-established and properly set up dining hall since its founding. If you throw another tantrum I will not hesitate to station you under a drawbridge and lie to your family of your whereabouts should they ever migrate.

Please stop this,
         Management
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 504