Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1491114 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #7380 on: May 13, 2020, 10:26:06 pm »

Dear dorfs of MossHatchets:

Why won't you take the sand bags from the main stockpile down to the stockpile be the magma glass furnace?

I set the stockpile by the magma glass furnace to accept sand bags, and I also set the main stockpile to not accept them.  At least 12 of you are idle right now.  Why won't you move those bags?!!!  Right now our glassmaker (who is currently transforming the sand in those bags to rough green glass so we have something to train our jeweler with) is having to climb from the magma workshops all the way up to the main stockpile to grab each of those bags.  I don't think you understand how much time is being wasted.

NOW GET THOSE BAGS DOWN TO THE CORRECT STOCKPILE NOW!!!!

Sincerely, your frustrated Overseer.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: May 14, 2020, 02:10:31 pm »

Dwarves generally won't remove items from stockpiles that don't accept those items anymore. If it's in a stockpile, it's considered to be acceptably stored. You should use a Give To stockpile link to move the sand bags over. I would even reenable the sand bag acceptance on the main stockpile, since that might be wanted for Give To links to work correctly.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: May 14, 2020, 04:18:01 pm »

yeah that's always worked for me when it comes to sorting stockpiles after the fact. i don't think you need to reenable sandbags on the main pile though.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: May 14, 2020, 07:19:40 pm »

We have used Give To Links to shift Items, and We have never needed to enable the Items.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: May 23, 2020, 12:03:31 pm »

Dear Urist McArmourer

Where the actual fuck did you get a piece of slade from to decorate that brass low boot? I haven't even dug the second cavern layer yet!

Tell me soon, or you're going to be Urist McdumpsterDiver soon to see if any of it got mixed in with the trash and elves

From the Overseer
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: June 10, 2020, 05:18:48 pm »

Dear Urist Mceveryone

Yes, I know that there are a lot of things needing done, and a lot of stuff to haul from the surface, but the miners have managed to find platinum, iron, limestone, gold, silver, Cooper and lignite. Seeing how we have a veritable hoard of metal working goods, I have ordered the construction of forges much earlier than I would normally do so. I have told everyone that they can perform architecture. So why in the classes has nobody gotten off their asses and started these buildings? Two of you boneheads have been laying around complaining about having no job for two entire seasons! Get off your ass and make the damn forges before I send you out to play with the animals!
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: June 11, 2020, 01:56:21 pm »

do they have the appropriate labors enabled? cuz if you don't have an architect it ain't gettin' built
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: June 12, 2020, 03:14:02 pm »

do they have the appropriate labors enabled? cuz if you don't have an architect it ain't gettin' built

That's what I meant when I told them all that they can perform architecture.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: June 17, 2020, 06:43:48 pm »

You also need the relevant crafting labor enabled on at least one other dwarf. One skilled in the material it's being built out of. For example making something out of metal requires a metalsmith, wood would require a carpenter, and stone/glass requires a mason.

Here's a wiki link with more info: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Building_designer

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: June 18, 2020, 03:41:54 pm »

You also need the relevant crafting labor enabled on at least one other dwarf. One skilled in the material it's being built out of. For example making something out of metal requires a metalsmith, wood would require a carpenter, and stone/glass requires a mason.

Here's a wiki link with more info: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Building_designer

It requires one of my five masons after it's designed. The problem is the architects aren't doing anything

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: June 18, 2020, 03:47:05 pm »

It requires one of my five masons after it's designed. The problem is the architects aren't doing anything

They might be too busy with other jobs, then. Wait for the entire fortress' workload to ease a bit and see if they're still not doing anything. If not, then maybe take a look at the architects themselves to see what they're doing. There may be some other job or constant task they are getting stuck on. Maybe assign other dwarves and see what they do. It may be a case that there's too much higher priority work that needs doing before they can get to the designing job.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: June 19, 2020, 06:40:28 am »

Where the actual fuck did you get a piece of slade from to decorate that brass low boot? I haven't even dug the second cavern layer yet!
Could it have been a gizzard stone from butchering a bird/reptile? Those are made of randomly selected materials.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: June 19, 2020, 02:28:46 pm »

whoops, missed that part

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: June 22, 2020, 01:55:12 am »

Dear Urist McOnFire, Kivish Von Lavaswimmer, and Mosus Welldone,

I hope you enjoyed your dip into the magma sea. Maybe next time you won't dive into the damn magma forges!

Urist mcbayblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: June 22, 2020, 03:17:01 am »

Dear urist mcmigrants goose.
While I understand that the giantess started it, in the future could you please let the military get a few hits in before you crack its skull open and send it into a coma. The military do like to think of themselves as useful and you've made them feel quite pathetic now. Like honestly, how did you even do that.

Your slightly confused/amused deity
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 504