Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1473252 times)

GandalfTheGreyt3791

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #7410 on: July 28, 2020, 03:15:38 pm »

Dear Urist McPeasent

HOW DARE YOU SAVE THE REST OF THE FORT INSTEAD OF LETING THE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS HANDLE IT?????????

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: August 01, 2020, 10:33:31 am »

Dear dwarves, as you know, two horrible crimes the first of which being the attempted theft of an artifact, and the second being the murder of our beloved tavernkeeper in a way that only a creature of the night can. Thankfully the perpetrator of both was quickly discovered and confessed under interrogation, in addition it seems he's part of an even larger organization. Now given that you know this, can each of you explain using your own words in a short concise manner why the fuck you made him mayor shortly after this was discovered?

Dear UristMcSherrif, why have you decided that the most vile criminal in the fort's history does not need a punishment?

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: August 17, 2020, 01:37:31 pm »

To Whom It May Concern,

We have a Dining Room with forty-two Tables, all of which are equipped with a Chair.  We also have four unassigned Tables that have Chairs.

If you choose to eat on the one Seat in Whisperorbs without a Table by it, you have no reason to complain about a Lack of Tables.

By My Hand,

Her Most Dread Majesty

Urist mcbayblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: September 03, 2020, 01:26:14 am »

Dear urist mcminer.
I am curious as to what made you think a small hole rapidly filling with water was a good place to take a nap.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 am »

Dear !!Urist Mcburninghaulier!!

Urist, when you are on fire, the proper procedure is to put yourself out in the swimming pool

It is not continue hauling flammable items and then boil away all the booze when you are thirsty.
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: September 16, 2020, 11:43:47 am »

Dear militia,

When I order you to station on the tower top, the goal is to protect the marksdwarves against climbing goblins. No need to use the tree branches hanging over the fortifications to get out and get stupidly killed by the goblins that still haven't managed to climb up.
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: September 17, 2020, 11:03:26 am »

Dear militia,

When I order you to station on the tower top, the goal is to protect the marksdwarves against climbing goblins. No need to use the tree branches hanging over the fortifications to get out and get stupidly killed by the goblins that still haven't managed to climb up.
lol

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: September 18, 2020, 01:49:47 pm »

To the Crystalline Pastimes:

You are an axedwarf squad, all equipped with at least superior quality steel battle axes. All of you are expert or better in fighting using battle axes. Please stop demonstrating warhammer usage to each other.

That is all.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: September 19, 2020, 12:11:55 am »

To the assorted visiting entertainers,

Get Out Of My Fortress Before I Fill The Tavern With Magma.

Yours, The Overseer
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: September 25, 2020, 12:35:08 am »

Dear Ursas

When you do this;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It gives me a headache. I didn't realize I even made you shearable. I realize now I edited the wrong file. You're not supposed to shave yourselves. Please go shave the yaks.

Sincerely, a confused modder.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: September 29, 2020, 10:52:46 am »

Dear Urist,

No, the Atom Smasher is not a playground. I don't care if you're a child at heart or not, stay out of the room with the big smashy thing.

Sincerely,

Your Boss.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: September 29, 2020, 11:27:18 am »

d - o - r (restricted traffic area) might/might not have prevented smashing poor Urist.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: September 29, 2020, 02:21:45 pm »

Urist McMasterChef, up yours for never using dwarven syrup no matter how many stockpile tricks I try.  I guess the gold barrels of it make a great export good though because apparently every chef out in the rest of the world knows how to use it.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: September 29, 2020, 02:56:48 pm »

d - o - r (restricted traffic area) might/might not have prevented smashing poor Urist.
...You can actually do that?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: September 29, 2020, 05:08:28 pm »

...You can actually do that?

I don't know the details of your smasher, but making it (and maybe a few surrounding tiles) restricted *might* keep everyone except trash collectors out. 

But it might be safer if you dump the trash in from a hole in the floor above, because then nobody ever needs to actually go near the bridge.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 504