Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarvenization - DF Civilization. (Parallel Game) - PAUSED - Spots Still Open  (Read 7927 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TO THOSE THAT VIEW BUT DON'T POST, Any chance of getting a reason why not???

\\\~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~///

Welcome to Dwarvenization. Dwarvenization is Civilization meets Dwarf Fortress mixed with a few other things, in the flow of such Complicated Games with the rules are large and confusing to look at so is this one. But I don't want to scare you away. For starters you don't need to KNOW all the rules and guidelines of the Game, just need to know how to play Dwarf Fortress and Stress yourself with making deadlines with difficult to reach goals which shouldn't be too much to ask from this Community...

The Key Goal of Dwarvenization is to complete the challenges located within the Challenges Spoiler located in the second post, from there you work towards accumulating Civ Points and the Resource Points that are Rewards for completing them to extend onto your Civilization and reach the Golden Age of Nations. Which is assumed to be something like 50 to 100 or so Years of World Genning, the difference is the World Starts at Year 2 and from there you are the ones in control...

Knowing the rules is unneeded but when you have time it might be wise to look over them. Though on the Lighter hand I will go over the Simple to know and get me started Rules...

From the Three worlds located below, each player is asked to find a Nation from each world they wish to lead, while it is asked to treat it as the first round you are not committed to ONE race each round, but please pick on for now and decide from those available. After 8 players have joined and the Majority had decided on which Nations they wish to lead, a Single World is picked from either being the simple Winner of all choices or a Random choice if none lead. The World Map Save will be loaded and the Games can begin...

No matter which Race you choose, each player starts with One Capital, +5 Security and +2 Food.  You cannot develop settlements that would put your Security rating into negative figures.  For example, you could create five farming villages off the bat, but you would need to create a Garrison before you could develop further settlements. These different villages are the Actual Challenges presented in the Challenges Spoiler, you will need to pick one of these for your First Year expansion and work from there to Place and Build up the Goals that are presented by each Challenge. The one thing to note is that Each Challenge can only be placed into your First Region Map (the one that contains the Capital) with an allowance of One Tile free around each one, meaning that there is no placing a Village on the Tiles Directly next to the capital or any other Village. If there is no space in that Tile for you to Legally place a Village, you are allowed to move to the Next Region Tile that is One World Tile away from the Capital...

The Rewards of these Challenges will Fuel your ability to place more and more Challenges and even Larger ones aswell. Collecting Civ Points is a method of Winning the Round for when the Golden Age comes to Pass those that have collected the Most Civ Points are declared the Winner...

Each of the Level One Challenges have a Requirement of One year, you are only Penalized 10% of the Total Civ Points gained at the end for each consecutive year that it takes for you to finish the challenge, this fact not only causes a loss of Points needed to Win the round but also limit when you can next place a Village, where it might have taken you 2 years to reach the Farming Village Goal and it took another 1 year, he has a year lead on you thus is working on his second Village while you are in the Cooldown time. The Cooldown time is the Game's Forced year Gap between Abandoning (finishing) a Settlement and starting a New one...

When it comes the time that you have filled all Possible and Legal Positions on your Region Map, you are able to Move into another at the cost of 1 Security per Tile that is traveled away from the Capital, 1 for one tile, 2 for 2 and so on. Moving in a method that is not a straight line is counted by the amount of Steps it takes to reach your new location...

This has been a simplified Version of the Rules and should seem a little less daunting then the original, which is STILL in the process of Rework and shaping into something a lot less Scary, the First Round by the way will hold NO Player Combat as that is still in production, so don't worry about that for now. Players are Encouraged to make suggestions to the Rules via PMs and create Extra Challenges that could be added to the List via posting them here, just Copy Paste the Skeleton from any present challenge and work towards your own. Players are also Encouraged to make suggestions to possible Mods that could be used to Make their Race a little more 'Real' and easier to play then what the current Vanilla Text files allow...

Maye Now you will join??? Please...

The world becomes something and forms under the hands of Armok, slowly they take shape as the Mountains Rise and the Forest Grow, the Rivers cut through the land and the air becomes dry as the grass dies leaving sand in its place. From the nothing Men and Women of all Races awaken in this new world and Settle their Capital cities, slowly they build and form their new homes before finally turning to the Sprites that Guide them, looking to them for instructions...

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: tbino (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Human.
Spoiler: Breadbocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Askot Bokbondeler (click to show/hide)

Elf.
Spoiler: Meta (click to show/hide)

Goblin.
Spoiler: oidip (click to show/hide)

Well then enough of my shitty writing there. Basicly what this is is a new kind of game, players will take command of a single Civ from a Year One Gen Map where there will be only One Capital per Civ, and using the Goal List below, decide what step will be taken to raise the Civ from the Ground Up. Each Race is available to play and the best games will be held between multiple races versing each other to form the stronger Civ and either Annihilate the others through combat or just press forward and achieve the highest points after the Max Year count...

While the Game is in no way ready to start, I come to the Community to aid in finishing the plannings of this Challenge. With Iituem permission (which he had given ages ago), I will be using the rules and guidelines for each Action from his creation called 'Venturer: A Civilisation Challenge', which he reported to forgo and do something similar with adventure mode instead. What I am looking for is, Ideas and different forms of challenges. Refinement of Rules to encompass multiple players and other things...

My Plans are to refine the rules and go through them with the Community and see how things go. Oh and For Player started Battles which are possible, I was thinking of a Turnbased Strategy game, using a Fire Emblem kinda System matched with the fact you will have the ability to field a large army, which might draw a good amount of people. Some problems with playing other races are that they are all not alike, certain mods will be needed to make them more 'Real' to play and form. But nonetheless I hope this will be an enjoyable game to play...

Anyway here we go....

Right Round 1 Can start when people are ready to. It will be using World One Map, there is no mods or anything changed other then Civ Controllable tags on every race, players will just need to transfer the Noble Requirements from the Dwarven Entity segment to that of their chosen race...

I would like some feedback on the choice of possible mods for the next round, that includes custom workshops and even full body mods like Fauna and Flora mods that I have seen in the Modding section. You will have 50years to build up your civ using the Challenges provided, remember that it will take a year gap before you can build the next challenge. So in truth you have less then 50 Years...

Remember this is a full trial version of the final round, which will be including alot more then what is on offer now. Feedback, ideas and even more eyes and hands from new players area always welcome...

Dwarvenization Round One is a Zip File, it is 2.18 MB large. This includes only the Region file...
Good luck...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:22:11 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These Rules are in the process of being modified, please go to;
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60757.msg1373857#msg1373857
To see the original...

Spoiler: Military (Incomplete) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:01:04 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Looking cool, posting to follow. And if I hadn't seen the second post...
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ADDED:
Short Explanation of how to Build a Nation.
River Port Town Challenge.
Begun work on Military.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:33:08 pm by Neyvn »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to join this, I will become the greatest dwarven nation to ever grace the worlds of Armok!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget that if you think you can help Rewrite a rule to be a little more clear, do so and PM it to me.
Also if you have an Idea for a Challenge post it as well.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I call a human nation.
Challenges?

Mountainhome/Capital/Dark Tower/Base Camp(If we're doing Mercs like the other thread had....)
Time: 5 Years
Goal: Build a fortress, which has defended against at least one siege without traps, and finishes more than 1000 food (through whatever means), 400 booze, 200 bars of iron, and 100 wood. In addition, export 10000db of goods, and house 100 people.
Reward: +15 Civ points +2 Food +5 Security +2 Materials +1 Luxuries +1 Trade goods

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There will be Race Dependent Challenges later. Like for humans there would be Stables, Elf there would be War Animal Training, Goblins - Slaver Camps and Dwarves - Brewerys

With that challenge, I think reworking it to be Race Dependent for each one and name it something like
Reestablish the Capital.
Give a Goal to be something like have the King/Queen living there and all Nobles Alive all the time perhaps...
It would need to cost something and all Challenges are going to have a rework by adding a Cost tab...

EDIT: I hate working in Code. But it makes things look so much neater...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UPDATE:
Renamed the Title, thought that some might think that the Game Slots have been filled already and won't even look. Blaming need for sleep when writing this up last night...
Continuing with Military. Open to Ideas and such from the Community on many things...
Working on Challenges later...

QUESTION:
Should we use the Old Method of deciding the Damage Modifiers of the different metals (.40d Wiki entry) or try and work out how to use the .31 method...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:20:15 pm by Neyvn »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwavenization - Civ Building. (Multi Community Game) Open/Inproduction.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 10:57:18 pm »

How many people should I open this to and what Kind of map???
Regions
Large Region Map has 50 Civs.
Medium Region Map has 20 Civs
Small Region Map has 10 Civs

Islands
Large Island Map has 20 Civs.
Medium Island Map has 10 Civs
Small Island Map has 5 Civs

EDIT: You might be wondering why I don't put them into One Post, its cause of two reasons...
1 I forget to do so.
2 I want more folks to post and seem interested in playing this.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:27:23 pm by Neyvn »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:41 pm »

40d combat

medium region

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 12:40:06 am »

UPDATE:
Adjusted a few Rules, explained End Game Results.
Finished Adjusting Current Challenges.
Added City Challenge, Reestablish the Capital.
Added Formation Details to Military - May Require additional information.
Extended on Army Details, fleshing out the Ranks and Info about Race Military.
Currently Genning Possible maps. Kobolds are tempted to be added to Race Choice. (They are visible on the Historical Map)

Map Size Chosen, Medium Region.
Number of Civs Available - Estimate of 20.
Beginning True Signups After Map Gen Comes back Positive.

EDIT: Final number of players will be influenced by the limited number, the full 20 Civs include Kobold nations, which will not be playable. Estimated number of Players are 16.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:58:44 am by Neyvn »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wish people would post or something so I don't have to Double Post so much to Bump the thing with new Announcements and such....

Anyway...

UPDATE:

There will be three Worlds to Choose from, of the 16 Possible nations half of them need to be Picked out of ONE world before we can start, You can Make choices over ALL Three Worlds, but if someone posts to say that they Pick for example Nation 3 out of World 2 and he was the 8th pick from that world, World Two would be the First World...

None the less, there is a Link to see the Worlds, the First is up, while the Second and Third are being Pointed out where abouts on them the Nations are and whom they are in themselves. They will be added Blank but until all PoI are up on them it will be Impossible to Select which nation you wish to take from them...

Also to Note that Military Units are up for Discussion, and will be Updated whenever a Battle Takes place and only if they remain Empty at that time, will it be filled in. Please aid in ideas on what they will be...

World 2's PoIs have been filled in...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:00:46 am by Neyvn »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwavenization - DF Civilization. (Parallel Game) Open/Signup Now!!!.
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 07:16:09 am »

Looking goos. I claim any human nation.

EDIT: clarification, any humans in the World One
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:17:39 pm by breadbocks »

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwavenization - DF Civilization. (Parallel Game) Open/Signup Now!!!.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 09:38:39 am »

I was interested in joining the spiritual predecessor  but it faded away so I would love to join this. Could I be goblins.
Join the new Hermit Succession
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6