Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Net worth = 207k, Architecture = 193k  (Read 1176 times)

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Net worth = 207k, Architecture = 193k
« on: August 08, 2010, 04:46:43 pm »

I'm wondering how this number comes about. I have recently embarked in a purple evil region and immediately set about digging my coolest Dorf haven yet... and then my bookkeeper finally gets to the point where he can precisely mark everything down and this number shows up. It was high while it wasn't precise, but I figured it would get dumbed down or something.

What gives? New fort, 93% of worth is in the architecture... And it's a lot of Dorf-coins.

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Net worth = 207k, Architecture = 193k
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 04:56:52 pm »

P.S. I don't even have a Dorf with any architecture skill... And I haven't smoothed or engraved anything yet.

Mookie Love

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 05:07:46 pm »

You probably have a HFS somewhere :3 Have fun when you get to it!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 05:25:35 pm »

Yup. You'll probably see it in the third cavern, or maybe the magma sea.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 05:45:54 pm »

Don't you mean the HFS fort?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 06:04:50 pm »

I don't know what HFS is... sounds like 'fun'. I guess I won't be checking this any more in case someone posts what it means.

*pulls out the spoiler shield*

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 06:07:14 pm »

HFS = Hidden Fun Stuff =
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 06:22:23 pm »

OH THE HORROR!
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 10:01:09 pm »

Heh, thanks for putting that as a spoiler.. I couldn't help but come back to this thread to say that when I did [tab] to my weapons in the Stocks menu it showed an (*Adamantine Scimitar*) so.. naturally I zoom to it and it's 15 levels from the bottom of the map.  Looks like this fort is a keeper, as soon as my Dorfs start doing what I tell them to do!

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 02:08:08 am »

Heh, I had a fort with an HFS fort beneath.  After clearing out the top levels of it, I built a bedroom there for my militia commander, only to have some random forgotten beast come and systematically dismantle it.   >:(
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?