Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 364338 times)

Orikson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hmm, usually it should be enough to download missing dlls from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_42 and place these
in the programm directory...

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, you need to have DirectX 9 installed to be able to use it. I'll make sure I include the necessary DLL's next release.

Atrixium

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I signed up today just to say how much this project rocks  :o

This app is pretty much the reason that I decided to install and start playing Dwarf Fortress, it looks amazing!

I run Linux so I'm excited for the Linux release  :D

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It says I'm missing MSVCP100.dll, what do I need to update or install?
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I signed up today just to say how much this project rocks  :o

This app is pretty much the reason that I decided to install and start playing Dwarf Fortress, it looks amazing!

I run Linux so I'm excited for the Linux release  :D

Thanks! That's great to hear :D

It says I'm missing MSVCP100.dll, what do I need to update or install?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll include that in the next release as well. You need the Visual Studio 2010 runtime.

EDIT: I can spell, I swear.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:56:10 am by thewonderidiot »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I posted new archives that include the MSVC10 runtime. Redistributing DirectX dll's alone is not kosher; you actually have to install that. I was going to include the installer in my package, but it would be an extra 100MB, so I left a link to it in README.txt.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... for which DF version is this for ? I try running it with 31.21, and I keep getting "could not connect to Dwarf Fortress" errors. I'm supposed to run it along DF, right ? It kind of lacks a readme file.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... for which DF version is this for ? I try running it with 31.21, and I keep getting "could not connect to Dwarf Fortress" errors. I'm supposed to run it along DF, right ? It kind of lacks a readme file.
31.21 was released last night, give me a bit of a chance to update for it  ;)

Anyways, 0.50b is up. DFHack needed a recompile instead of just a Memory.xml update, so I put a new archive up both on DFFD and the GitHub mirror.
If you have 0.50 or 0.50a, you can simply download the update pack! To install it, just overwrite the files in the root Overseer directory with files in the zip.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:28:14 am by thewonderidiot »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I never posted-to-follow this?  For shame!
This is a amazing.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

So did you include the stuff?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So did you include the stuff?

I'm not sure what you mean by "the stuff".

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The other programs required to run this, like DirectX9?
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I included the VC10 runtime, but as I said earlier, distributing pure directx dll's isn't kosher -- you need to actually install directx. Since the installer clocks in at an additional 100MB, I just left a link to it in the README, so as not to more than double the size of the download.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, okay. That really helps.

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, new question: Is it possible to disable the water refraction? It's really slowing my comp down...  :-\
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:01:35 pm by Megaman3321 »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently -- no. Everything will be a lot more configurable in the upcoming release, though, I promise  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53