Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 365390 times)

ChocoRokk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My giant Orthoclase Hammer and Sickle showed up green. :(
Other than that, though, everything is great. I'm glad I could get it to work.  :D
"Oh man, we're under siege...let's make a zoo!"

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My giant Orthoclase Hammer and Sickle showed up green. :(
Other than that, though, everything is great. I'm glad I could get it to work.  :D

Ahh, my bad. I ended up with the wrong copy of colors. Here's what you do:

If you have python installed:
Go into the colors directory, and open the file colors_stone_mineral.xml. Search for orthoclase, and replace the green="487" with green="232". Then run the generateMaterials.py script that's in the root directory. This will regenerate your material definitions and fix the problem.

If you don't have python installed:
Go into materials/scripts, and open both constructed.material and rough.material. Search for orthoclase in both, and replace the line

set $maskingcolor "0.972549019608 1.90980392157 0.521568627451"

with

set $maskingcolor "0.972549019608 0.90980392157 0.521568627451"

in both files.

This happened as a result of the way Stonesense handles its color definitions. Specifically -- it wraps, and Overseer doesn't. Anyways, both approaches will solve your color problem, and I'll be sure to include the fix in the next release. Thanks for bringing this up!  :)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile

This looks amazing.  Good job, man.
At last, she is done.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Posting to follow because this is awesome.

Also I noticed an odd little pair of bugs that I might as well post while I'm here.

First one is kinda hard to explain, so I threw in a screenshot too hopefully to help.  It seems like fortifications have some odd little transparent problem.

Spoiler: Pic (click to show/hide)

As you might be able to notice the left side of the wall fortifications don't seem to exist from above.  That shown is the only place it seems to happen, and it happens consistently.  The fortification is made of the same stuff as the rest of the wall(claystone), and there are no differences between the visible and invisible fortifications ingame as far as I can tell.  It happened in what I believe was the last version of ogreseer as well.

The other one is probably better known.  It appears that water in the caverns. or possibly just water that include waterfalls in their volume(or maybe both) don't appear in ogreseer.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you mind posting the map so I can take a look at the fortification problem? I'm not sure what's happening there.

As for the water in caverns, that's a debugging switch that I forgot to take out -- it's not drawing water unless it has a direct view of the sky. I'll make sure I fix that.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of Course.  Here it is.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22514454/region1.rar

Don't mind the blood.  And the bodies...and the hospital.  I just very nearly lost the whole fort after posting the pic, because a single goblin master lasher incapacitated almost my entire military by himself in a 1v15 battle.

P.S. The save has modded speech files that doesn't carry over with saves like the rest.  DF's errorlog might throw an error for a missing speech file, but it shouldn't hurt loading.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:10:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. Turns out the tiles immediately above those fortifications don't exist -- they haven't been created yet. I wasn't allowing the fortification tops to be drawn in nonexistent tiles. As for water, I now remember the reason why I had cave water disabled. It's pretty hard on rendering and makes the pause for water updating quite a bit longer. So, I updated overseer.ini to have an option to display all water, only water with a view of the sky (the method in 0.50), and no water at all. I left the default on 'skyview' so as not to make default settings sluggish, but you can change it to 'all' if you want water in your caverns.

With that, Overseer 0.51 is up!
Download links:
DFFD
Github mirror

If you have 0.50b, you can just install the 0.51 update pack. If you're still on 0.50 or 0.50a, make sure you update to 0.50b first. As before, just overwrite all of the old files with the new ones in the pack.

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a rare fortification-related bug.
  • Fixed the color of orthoclase and updated generateMaterials.py to prevent similar things from happening in the future
  • Added a switch to allow cave water rendering. "water" in overseer.ini can now take on values "all", "skyview", and "none".
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:46:46 pm by thewonderidiot »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Overseer v0.51 - 3D Visualizer - bugfix release (see 1st post)
« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2011, 02:40:40 pm »

Thanks for the new version, that indeed fixed the fortifications.

However now it appears I may have found a new bug.  And while it's a visual one it's not easy to express in a screencap.

On render mode 1 and 0, when the camera is close to the ground and moving all the textures start sliding across their planes at a fairly noticeable clip.  The floor starts sliding to the right....always to the right.   When the camera is more than a z-level or two above the ground it's not noticeable, but when moving along the ground at about 1/2 a Z it's almost like moving through a funhouse.

I actually think this caused a crash once when I had the camera almost level with the floor, but I couldn't get it to reproduce.

All other render modes work fine.  And are actually quite spiffy looking.  Good work on the details.

EDIT: Heres some PC specs I found in the ogreseer log that may or may not be helpful.  I was looking for some kind of crash info, (it may not have crashed and instead resource spiked and froze up, but I always figure same diffrence) but after not finding any I figured posting these is the next best thing.
Spoiler: Logvomit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:49:09 pm by Greiger »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2011, 04:53:45 pm »

Yeah, that's been happening with the relief mapping shaders ever since sexymustard pieced them together. He's still not sure what's causing it, but I think he's looking into it.

EDIT: We have a lead on the bug, there may be a fix up some time tomorrow, or tonight even if my homework goes by quickly enough.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:23:22 pm by thewonderidiot »

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »

An Exception has occured!

OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParameteresException): Named constants have not been initialised, perhaps a compile error. in GpuProgramParameter::_findnamedConstantDefinition at ..\..\..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreGpuProgramParams.cpp (line 1423)

in the terminal,

can't assign material _NULL_ to SubEntity of SkyXMeshEnt because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
WARNING: material SkyX_Skydome_STARFIELD_LDR has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation: Pass 0: Vertex program SkyX_Skydome_VP cannot be used - not supported.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2011, 06:27:27 pm »

WARNING: material SkyX_Skydome_STARFIELD_LDR has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation: Pass 0: Vertex program SkyX_Skydome_VP cannot be used - not supported.

That means your card doesn't have shader model 2.0 support. How old is your graphics card? Shader model 2.0 is at least ten years old...

Either way, your hardware likely isn't good enough to handle Overseer, even if we had shader techniques that cut run on <2.0. Sorry  :-\

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 14, 2011, 08:31:15 am »

Strange. I recently upgraded my computer. It certainly isn't that old. Must be a driver issue. I'll check it out.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 14, 2011, 08:52:00 am »

Actually, looking further into it, the SkyX moon is targeting vs_1_1. Try opening materials/SkyX/SkyX.material and replacing all instances of vs_1_1 with vs_2_0 or vs_2_x, and let me know if that works.

scionreaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2011, 10:59:45 pm »

Great program. Really helps when my spatially challenged mind tries to imagine some of the more complex projects. Will you be be adding workshops, traps, furniture and possibly creatures themselves at any time in the future? Also, the stairs are a little strange-looking, I think it would be a nice touch if they were perhaps spiral staircases in the case of up/down and then the upwards and downwards stairs only go about half a block deep.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2011, 10:30:41 am »

Yeah, all of that stuff will be in future versions. We're focusing on getting the geometry right before we start adding in all of the other objects. And the stairs are just placeholders -- they'll be a lot better in later versions. It's all a work in progress, and I'm putting as much time into it as I can  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53