Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 367560 times)

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I see I'm pretty sure you do not need to copy any folders, just edit the files then. Good luck =) Hope that's it!

Yeah, I can't tell what is in the *.dfmap file its in symbol (or binary) or whatever... so its not a plain text file. So not able to find it on my end sorry =/

***UPDATE:

If you disable plants in overseer.ini

Code: [Select]
#Boolean. Enables plants
Plants = false

Your map loads fine, so it's something its trying to find a mesh to try a plant for... I present to you, Watergate!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S. I really like your moat design that's nice =)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:59:00 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

It's not shown but those pits are full of high quality menacing green glass spikes, and the blue line on the 'bridge' is 6 serrated disk traps.  Not enough to completely wipe out a siege, but enough to thin the herd for the melee guys inside.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not shown but those pits are full of high quality menacing green glass spikes, and the blue line on the 'bridge' is 6 serrated disk traps.  Not enough to completely wipe out a siege, but enough to thin the herd for the melee guys inside.

It's quite an awesome fort, I 'walked into your central hall area' and saw the huge pit dropping straight down to the magma sea. Quite impressive =) Thanks for uploading it.

I think TheWonderIdiot should still take a look at it though for sure, it looks like there is a bit of strange clipping going on with your fort haha. Might be the material edits I made tho or something, who knows... I can see through some Z-levels and into other caverns and rooms above.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:13:43 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I did identify the plant issue.  It was a modded in plant I had in my mod for so long I forgot it was not vanilla.  That was causing the plant model issue.  Which brings up a request, any chance of it defaulting to a blank model for unknown plants and a white or grey for unknown materials?  I predict a lot of bug reports coming from folks with stuff like that who don't find the fix or don't know how to apply the fix.

As for the missing ceilings I saw that too, my only guess is that it's removing the ceilings because the z-level above is hidden.  But that is just speculation.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:45:06 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, so modded in materials are causing issues (I've never played with any mods so it didn't occur to me to check). I'll fix that.

The title screen issue that people are having is lua-based. For some reason, on some systems the line dofile("gui/scripts/fileDialog.lua") is apparently failing to find that script file. Anybody with any lua experience know why that might be?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, soon as I've got a free weekend I know what I'm going to be doing - epic mega-project with [SPEED:0] dwarfs  8)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile

If you want a "finished' mega-project..
Might I recomend the 66 level tower "Roadtruss" http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5943
Grieger can atest to it's awesomeness :D

Anote it was made using the revious version of DF, 31 i think.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

0.31 forts can't be loaded in 0.34, sadly.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

0.31 forts can't be loaded in 0.34, sadly.

Did 31 have a DFHack with mapexport functionality? Or is that newer? Also not sure if its still archived, but there was a 31.25 version of Overseer, heck, the new DFHack may be backwards compatible to 31.xx too if so you can export it just fine =)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:50:13 am by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

31.25 doesn't have map export (just tried it. :( ).  I'll try bak-porting the 34.07 DFhack to 31.25, but I don't think it will work.

EDIT:  Unfortunately, DFhack itself thwarts backporting.  I copied over all the necessary files, only to get an error message saying the version of DF was unknown and DFhack was shutting down.   

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:31:20 am by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

31.25 doesn't have map export (just tried it. :( ).  I'll try bak-porting the 34.07 DFhack to 31.25, but I don't think it will work.

EDIT:  Unfortunately, DFhack itself thwarts backporting.  I copied over all the necessary files, only to get an error message saying the version of DF was unknown and DFhack was shutting down.

Bummer =/
I voted for BANANA!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware

So much has changed since 31.25, it's not even funny. Copying over files is like trying to adding a warp drive to a used car ;) Could be done in code.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Working on Overseer today. So I can reproduce the map file location bug and the modded materials/plants bug... but I can't figure out how the problem where the file dialog doesn't show up but Overseer doesn't crash is occurring. Can somebody with this issue post both Ogre.log and CEGUI.log for me? Thanks.

dyllionaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THIS IS GODLY! I THANK YOU GREATLY!
My new fort was calling for some visualization, and the call has been answered.

goqe

• Bay Watcher
  • NewbieDorf
    • View Profile

Hey.
I'm playing vanilla Dwarf Fortress, but the Overseer crashes as soon as i load my map.
I have it exported from DFHack while my fort was loaded.
The error is the "Send Error/Don't Send" type.
Is there an easy fix or do you require more advanced information about the bug?
Thanks in advance! :)
I was angry with the inefficiency of a fort.
SO, I tried to flood it from a brook.
The first death was from dehydration.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53