Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 365351 times)

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, here's the save--
http://www.2shared.com/file/mWUrUQxR/region2.html

The region in the photo is below the surface, about fifty to ninety z-levels down. The large empty area is not a glitch; it was mined out to make room for the large building.

Edit: I should have remembered to say I've had this happen in other forts before, and that I'm playing DF2010.

Hey there, I've been chatting with SexyMustard about this. I haven't personally loaded up your fort yet, but he says it's working fine for him.

I think I know what's going on, though. Where, exactly, did you get the mapexport in question? There's actually an old, early-in-development version version of mapexport bundled with the last DFHack for 31.25 -- but there were some breaking changes and it is NOT COMPATIBLE with the current version of Overseer. For 31.xx maps, you have to copy the version of mapexport bundled with Overseer (it has its own folder) and replace the mapexport that was bundled with DFHack. I need to put versioning in the map files to prevent this kind of stuff from happening -- I'll do that in the future.

Also, your fort is impressive as hell -- one of the coolest ones I've ever seen. If you don't post screenshots, I think SexyMustard will.  :D

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great, that worked! :) Thanks for the help! The version I used came with the Lazy Newb Pack for DF2010. So, simple case of version incompatibility. *sigh* I feel a bit silly now.

Yeah, that's my megaproject. I'm glad to be finally able to see it properly. I still haven't decided what I'm going to put inside that building, though. It needs more magma.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:40:46 pm by Callista »

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I supposed to be able to see anything other than constructions?  When I go below ground into the fortress I just see empty tunnels.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Am I supposed to be able to see anything other than constructions?  When I go below ground into the fortress I just see empty tunnels.

Nope, nothing else is done yet.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile

Although if I recall correct it either is or will soonish be possible to add in objects/buildings without the developer having to release an updated version, sorta like (though only on an abstract level) how DF is moddable. Is that right? (Not that that makes much difference if, like me, you don't really know how to create graphical mesh objects or whatever these things are formatted as. I mean, I know you download a program like Blender and do whatsit and save it, but that whatsit part is outside my area of expertise.)
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile

Testing out the 31.25 map export on my obsidian dragon fort, works beautifully (some instability though). I think I used 0.51 for reference when building it, it's great to have you alive and kicking. Keep up the good work!

Spoiler: You can feel the heat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:05:42 am by SlimyMarmot »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile

D:

Love the empty volcano in the background.  wonder where that all went to...
At last, she is done.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Holey floor over a magma pit!

That is... just... way too awesome for normal words.

Armok must have shed a tear out of sheer joy!
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile

look at mod
Azrael is evolving!.    .    .
Azrael evolved into a Azreal having a heart attack because this mod is in 3d... must have!
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

That is incredibly awesome.  Do your dwarves actually live in that or is it all plumbing?  Is that obsidian?  Are the back spines adamantine?  Is this on the Map archive?  Is that where the goblins enter the fort?  Are their goblins under that magma?

And why am I incapable of making anything that incredibly awesome?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile

You can find more from the thread I made for it here. Gonna update the screens there to 0.70.1 since it makes everything look so smooth and arousing.

Do your dwarves actually live in that or is it all plumbing?  Is that obsidian?  Are the back spines adamantine?  Is this on the Map archive?  Is that where the goblins enter the fort?  Are their goblins under that magma?

Yes, but only the worthy ones. Yes. Yes. No, but I should correct that. Yes. No, elves.

Edit: Apparently DFMA doesn't consider me sentient after 20+ tries so I'll tend to that some other time... that's the most messed up verification system I've ever seen. I'll try to get it into that thread eventually.

And why am I incapable of making anything that incredibly awesome?

I started that project without any experience with pumps or megaconstruction. Just go for it!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:24:53 am by SlimyMarmot »

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@SlimyMarmot That obsidian dragon is epic =)

Thanks =)
I voted for BANANA!

23kulpamens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This rewrited Overseer is AWESOME! thanks very much!

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just a quick bug report. I was playing around with a 5x2 embark (I found these long strips are really cool to play on).

I did a mapexport all and loaded the map in Overseer with openGL. I found the trees stacking as shown in the above "spoiler" image.

Its a non-mountainous embark with tree's covering the whole surface. Instead about halfway up the embark they just stack over each other. I think it may possibly be a mapexport issue. The version was 34.10 pheobus, with DFhack 34.10.

Link to the save game, archived in 7z on dffd (49mbs) http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6364

Hope this helps you iron out any bugs you need early on before it becomes something worse down the road.

Thanks again TheWonderIdiot  :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:12:56 am by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53