Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 365322 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Looks like your copy of Overseer came with a side of OCD.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... for how amazing this is getting models and such hasn't been successful, I think I mentioned it earlier but would creating a new topic+changing the program's name be of benefit as I'm pretty sure everyone see's this thread as a stagnant thread for a half finished project rather than just clicking it and being blown away. It'd be a real shame not to get some progress here but just mentioning your looking for help here and there in the OP would work wonders I'm sure :D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile

So is there any working version of this for the current version?  The posted version does not work at all.  For that matter, DFHack doesn't work for the current version.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile

DFHack doesn't work for the current version.

There is your answer.

This utility works by reading map files that DFHack exports.  No DFHack --> no export file --> no Overseer rendering.

The good news is that it works with all previous 34.xx versions, and all 31.xx versions so long as you update to 31.25.
At last, she is done.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've managed to get it working perfect with this.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile

Even with the new symbols.xml installed and edited properly DFHack crashes with a nondescript error.

Ah well, screw it. :V

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile

Due to the link in the lazy newb pack, (how appropriate) i managed to get this working.  This thing looks great, even for my miserably poor suface dwarf fort!

Thanks man, for creating this program.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Suggestion: be able to save and load camera angles, so that one can have multiple screenshots of a fortress from the same angle, for timelapse stuff. bonus points if you manage to get it to load a sequence of exported forts in series, and taking a screenshots from a camera list for each one, saving them separately.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile

Japa, agreed.  That would be awesome.

TheWonderIdiot, is there currently any way to manually set the camera location and orientation?
At last, she is done.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even with the new symbols.xml installed and edited properly DFHack crashes with a nondescript error.

Ah well, screw it. :V

thistleknot compiled the latest revision as it stands for 34.11, haven't tested it myself but others report it works fine.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3385980#msg3385980

Link to the compile or check the thread above: http://www.mediafire.com/?aapoqg33p3fabqx
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Inglonias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel kind of silly, but trying to start overseer gets me this error:

Code: [Select]
The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
I thought this program used OpenGL for rendering by default?
Can someone help me?

EDIT: Yeesh. Didn't see that the last post was so long ago. Oops.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:22:45 pm by Inglonias »
This is my favorite part of Bay 12!
Zack, my boy, practicality - or the lack of it - has never stopped a Dwarf Fortress player before. You want to find a way to play this game without your eyes? Someone here with the know-how will be able to help you and we'll be damned if we let a little thing like the practicality of a solution get in our way.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile

I had a similar problem.  Updating my DirectX did the trick.
At last, she is done.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

Half-way through my fort's construction Overseer worked fine. Now it renders no floor tiles and all non-fluid revealed tiles are squashed flat. Unrevealed tiles are not rendered either so you see right to the magma sea. Constructed buildings are also not rendered.

Basically you see no fort, just magma, water and empty space with flat rock rings around it, there are still some standing trees too.

I haven't changed anything... I think. I've tried several mapexports, fresh Overseer download, openGL and directx, the old .dfmap files still render properly. I can't think of what has changed in-game in the last ten game-years that could cause this. Any advice?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And yes, that is a 40z x 40z column of magma, floodgates are not rendered either.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:11:32 am by Crashmaster »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Half-way through my fort's construction Overseer worked fine. Now it renders no floor tiles and all non-fluid revealed tiles are squashed flat. Unrevealed tiles are not rendered either so you see right to the magma sea. Constructed buildings are also not rendered.

Basically you see no fort, just magma, water and empty space with flat rock rings around it, there are still some standing trees too.

I haven't changed anything... I think. I've tried several mapexports, fresh Overseer download, openGL and directx, the old .dfmap files still render properly. I can't think of what has changed in-game in the last ten game-years that could cause this. Any advice?

And yes, that is a 40z x 40z column of magma, floodgates are not rendered either.

It looks like you have the outdated version of mapexport that comes bundled with 31.25. Your screenshot looks extremely similar to someone who had the same issue. Try overwriting your dfhack's mapexport.dll with the one for 31.25 I bundled with Overseer.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

I'll double check though I'm fairly certain I recall moving the mapexport.dll from the folder in the Overseer directory... I think there were instructions to that point. The strange thing is that for the same fort, same DF and Overseer installations, it was working much better - just no floodgates, pumps or bridges (I don't even know if that is normal...) rendered.

eg.

The fort is over 62 years old.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53