Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 365895 times)

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, well, sexymustard and I have decided that enough of you want at least an option for old overseer look so we're going to be porting the OSG stuff to Ogreseer as a first step. The geometry will be pretty immediate but the material system is going to be a major overhaul -- but it will be totally worth it, Ogre's material system is fantastic. Also, the material stuff will remain identical between the two different ways of generating geometry. So anyways, for now, I'm just going to copy over the old code and change all graphics-related code to Ogre stuff, unless Ogre's design dictates a restructuring. It'll almost entirely be simplifications though, so ideally, it will be quick. Once that's done, I'll probably start working on the new geometry generator.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Is there a way to make this lag less? I have loaded a 5x5 embark, closed all other programs (including DF after I loaded it) just in case and it is too slow to do anything, it worked OK on a 3x3 embark but this is just meh.

I really like the flying around thing though, haven't seen that in any other view program.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For now the best you can do is decrease the image size and maybe increase the zstart in your ini file.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile

Forgive the noob question but how do you take a screenshot with this?
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

The printscreen button on your keyboard. Works almost anywhere, it copies what's currently on your screen and then you can paste it into Paint or Photoshop or GIMP or whatever and save the image. Alt-printscreen just copies the current window.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

gremlin81

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Heloo all. i have big problem :( . When i try run this vizualiser or another it always not detect my DF. I have it all time when i run somethink who need detect game. What wrong? Plese help. ( and sorry for my english,  i know, its bad...)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile

Alt-printscreen just copies the current window.

... I just wasted twenty years of my life cutting that one window out of the screenshot with paint. Guess you learn something new every day.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heloo all. i have big problem :( . When i try run this vizualiser or another it always not detect my DF. I have it all time when i run somethink who need detect game. What wrong? Plese help. ( and sorry for my english,  i know, its bad...)

What operating system are you on?

gremlin81

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

windows xp

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um, I'm not sure what's going wrong. Does it just say that DF isn't running?

gremlin81

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

yes

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long as your game is loaded and running, I don't see why it wouldn't in XP. Try making sure you're running it as an administrator. Other than that, maybe the dfhack guys would know something to try.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile

(If you're running df 31.18) You need to download the 31.18.xml on the first page and put into the overseer folder.  right-click and save into the folder.  It will be .txt file, so rename it to .xml and let it replace the older .xml which is for older version of df.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

gremlin81

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I tryed run it witch wersion 31.12, same happen... :(

Psithief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A week later, we ask our glorious coder, "Any progress screenshots to show us?"

and thus...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53