Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53

Author Topic: Fortress Overseer 0.70.1 - !Open Source! 3D Visualizer - 31.25-34.11 Support  (Read 365290 times)

Andyfuji

• Bay Watcher
  • Chocolate Trotskies
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Overseer v0.51 - 3D Visualizer - 31.25 Support (see 1st post)
« Reply #450 on: July 24, 2011, 12:36:35 pm »

Thanks for the info, but it was a no go.  Here's the entire text of the error for those tech geeks out there:

Ok, so after the whole successful connection info, it reads:

Windows Error #127: [Screen #0] chooseMatchingPixelFormat() - wglChoosePixelFormatARB extension not found, trying CDI. Reason: The specified procedure could not be found.

Rendering in software: pixelFormatIndex 1
Terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::MemoryAccessDenied'

what(): SHM ACCESS DENIED

Then it terminates in an 'unusual way' and freezes DF. woot.

Overseer is having trouble connecting to DF's memory; Windows is likely blocking it, thinking it is a virus.  Try checking "Run as Administrator" in Overseer's properties, and disabling UAC (User Access Control).  This will, however, make your computer more vulnerable to any real viruses.

Thnikkalemur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 25, 2011, 02:34:21 pm »

I have been struggling with the same error as some other NVIDIA card users posted earlier and noticed I am on directX11 (win7).  Does that matter at all?  All I see mentioned here is directX9 (not "directX9 and above," for instance).
-Thanks!

NEW DEVELOPMENT:  I tried it without any external monitors attached and it worked like a charm!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:53:53 pm by Thnikkalemur »

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 28, 2011, 10:12:56 am »

NEW DEVELOPMENT:  I tried it without any external monitors attached and it worked like a charm!

Whoa, that's crazy. I wonder what's causing that? I'll definitely need to look into that one.

For those with memory access problems, all of that is about to go away very soon; peterix is moving DFHack into DF itself, instead of trying to connect externally, and all tools will be launched from within.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2011, 02:04:47 pm »

Is there a way to regain the obj export function? It seem missing in the new version and the old 0.27 doesn't work with 31.25.
Thanks in advance and for overseer in general ;)

TomTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2011, 11:53:45 pm »

how do i get this to work? i downloaded it, but when i ran ogreseer it told me that it couldn't find certain files, so i should reinstall it. i did, and it still gave me the same error. then i checked the readme and it told me to download DirectX, so i did, and it still doesn't work.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 17, 2011, 10:45:24 am »

It tells me that df isn't running when it actually is.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 18, 2011, 04:17:40 pm »

Is there a way to regain the obj export function? It seem missing in the new version and the old 0.27 doesn't work with 31.25.
Thanks in advance and for overseer in general ;)
Yes, it'll be back in the next couple of versions for sure.

how do i get this to work? i downloaded it, but when i ran ogreseer it told me that it couldn't find certain files, so i should reinstall it. i did, and it still gave me the same error. then i checked the readme and it told me to download DirectX, so i did, and it still doesn't work.
It tells me that df isn't running when it actually is.

Have both of you downloaded and installed the Memory.xml from 31.25 as described in the first post? That sounds like the problem.

Sorry for the silence, guys, things have been busy here at work. Yesterday was the second 27-hours-straight "day" of work in the past few weeks.

TomTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2011, 12:39:22 pm »

that's ok, i didn't check back till today. but it still gives me the error "this application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found." it also tells me to re-install the application, but i have already done that. i also checked the readme, which told me to install directx, which i have. (or atleast i think i did. i dowloaded it, deleted the outdated files or ones for 64 bit systems, but i don't know what to do with them after that).

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2011, 01:53:27 pm »

Missing DirectX is definitely your problem. Just download the installer linked in the readme and let it do its thing... don't manually remove anything, there's no need to. Windows can figure out what to use.

TomTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2011, 02:49:49 pm »

ok, deleted everything and re-downloaded. still doesn't work. do i have to put the files in a specific place? right now it is in it's own file, DirectX.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 31, 2011, 12:20:20 pm »

I just extracted on desktop, launched DF, entered my fort, then launched Ogreseer.exe. Got this:

Compiler erro: invalid parameters in SkyX.material<109>: param_named and param_indexed properties requiers at least 3 arguments
Finished parsing scripts for resource group SkyX

Then it would continue, but the next line is

ERROR - Could not connect to Dwarf Fortress!

I get an error message too, and it's asking me if I'm sure I have DF running. I do. I'm using XP.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 01, 2011, 02:00:13 am »

Did you update memory.xml?
At last, she is done.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 01, 2011, 12:42:50 pm »

Oh silly me, I didn't. It works fine now. xD
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 14, 2011, 05:51:35 pm »

Did you update memory.xml?
Noob question, how do I do that? Copy-paste the text from the linked page into memory.xml? Because when I do that I get similar to the quoted at the top of the page, except without any error messages. Overseer just crashes and freezes up DF.

I ran as administrator, although I can't turn of UAC without restarting my computer so I will go try that now.

Sorry if this is a necro (not sure what the rules on those are here).

Edit: Nope, same thing.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:58:05 pm by person012345 »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2011, 03:14:41 am »

You can just rename the old memory.xml (or delete it, but renaming it makes sure you have it as a backup) and then copy-paste the new memory.xml into your stonesense folder.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53