Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 103986 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 3: Missing Trifecta
« Reply #495 on: September 03, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »

My actions were to protect myself on night 1, and no action on night 2 obviously. Just checked my message and I received a package that give me a smoke bomb, that hide me and make me untargetable for 1 phase.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 03, 2010, 07:59:26 pm »

More on Zathras's scummitude: His power of hiding but seeing his "NKers'"/own-NK-victims' roles is weird, considering he hasn't shared any roles with us. Why would town not share the roles of dead people?
I think I missed something. Did you mean someone else?

IO: Did you eat Zathras? If so, what was his role?
I did not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 03, 2010, 08:18:41 pm »

More on Zathras's scummitude: His power of hiding but seeing his "NKers'"/own-NK-victims' roles is weird, considering he hasn't shared any roles with us. Why would town not share the roles of dead people?
I think I missed something. Did you mean someone else?
...Yes, I meant you, IO. I redid that part of the post so many times because it kept getting deleted I eventually started putting Zathras instead of you.

IO: Have you eaten anyone?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 03, 2010, 08:37:35 pm »

I have not. Presumably you're going to want to know why.

The first reason is that murdering people at random and then saying "just trust me guys he was scum" three days later struck me as very town unfriendly. If it was a normal NK I could see killing someone I was certain of, but there was just no way to do it without making people think we had a SK or roleclaiming immediately and then assuring everyone I could be trusted to report my ruthless murders accurately. Add in all the other powers likely to be in a BYOR and the potential to hurt more than help seemed high.

The second reason is that nobody seemed to be agreeing with me- in fact, Vector and Eduren pegged ToonyMan as town for reasons I can't begin to fathom. I'm fairly arrogant, but when nobody agrees with something I think is obvious, it's time to stop before "oops, but I'm SURE of the next one" becomes a habit.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42:01 pm »

I have not. Presumably you're going to want to know why.

The first reason is that murdering people at random and then saying "just trust me guys he was scum" three days later struck me as very town unfriendly. If it was a normal NK I could see killing someone I was certain of, but there was just no way to do it without making people think we had a SK or roleclaiming immediately and then assuring everyone I could be trusted to report my ruthless murders accurately. Add in all the other powers likely to be in a BYOR and the potential to hurt more than help seemed high.

The second reason is that nobody seemed to be agreeing with me- in fact, Vector and Eduren pegged ToonyMan as town for reasons I can't begin to fathom. I'm fairly arrogant, but when nobody agrees with something I think is obvious, it's time to stop before "oops, but I'm SURE of the next one" becomes a habit.
...Did you just admit to lying about your roleclaim? You said in your RC that you eating people was triggered randomly (50% chance of happening) when someone attempted to NK you. Now you're saying that you have the ability to NK?

...Yeah...I think this Day is pretty much done as far as the lynching is concerned. You gotta stay consistent with your fakeclaim, dude. Now we just need the rest of the people to RC and we'll be ready to hammer you.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:13 pm »

Irony.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 03, 2010, 08:50:36 pm »

Org, my only friend. :-[

I meant in addition to Lonewolf's mention of my nightkill. I haven't been attacked by anyone either.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 03, 2010, 09:06:03 pm »

Org, my only friend. :-[

I meant in addition to Lonewolf's mention of my nightkill. I haven't been attacked by anyone either.
Don't use emoticons, scumface. They won't save you.

You didn't roleclaim a NK. FUCK UP LESS NEXT TIME, SCUMBUCKET. This was what you RCed:

IronyOwl is definitely scum.  I can inspect rolepowers, and I targeted him last night.  He has a mafiakill, and the ability to devour his victims, leaving no traces behind (no roleflip, in mechanics terms) until he himself dies.  He does get their role when he kills them.

FAKEEDIT: Ninjaed by Toony.  Looks like it's "had a mafiakill" now.
That I can explain, oddly enough.

I am an Anglerfish. I have a lure that makes me look like a more appealing target to inspects, and am otherwise a sort of knight/war vet combo- 50% chance to survive an NK, 50% chance to eat my NKer. They're independent of each other, if you're curious.

Oh, and from the same post:
I was sledgehammered last night, awesome.  Hows it feel scum?

If what my role says is true then mafia don't have a night-kill anymore, how nice right?  Let's see what happens tomorrow to confirm this.
This would make three NKs last night. Given that we've already lost a vigilante, I find that suspicious.
Coming from a guy who now appears to be retcon-claiming Vig, I find the "suspicion" of TM claiming there were a total of (at least) 3 NKs last night after we had last at least one Vig die already highly suspect.

EVERYONE: Can we please hold off on more votes until everybody claims? It's only 2 more to hammer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 03, 2010, 09:11:20 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic -
Org -
Lonewolf I -
TheBroodyMoods -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Vector -
IronyOwl - ToonyMan, Pandarsenic, Org,
ToonyMan -
Zai -

Not Voting - IronyOwl, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Vector, Zai, TheBroodyMoods, Lonewolf I,

Day Ends on Tuesday at 9 PM Central. 5 to Hammer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 03, 2010, 09:36:17 pm »

Okay, finally here.  Sorry for being late to the massclaim party.

I am the Classical Elements (i.e. water, fire, earth, air, and sometimes aether).  I have three one-shot abilities and an auto-thing.

Earth (day ability, one-shot): one-shot magistrate (self and other).  Unused.
Fire (auto): Hidden.  No idea.  I'm guessing it's something destructive, though, just from the name.
Wind: (night ability): One-shot inspection.  Used it on Broody last night, who came up town.
Water (night ability): One-shot self-hide.  Used N1.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 03, 2010, 10:43:34 pm »

Vote Mysteriousbluepuppet, You've been very quiet. Too quiet.

Mostly been sleeping, studying. gotta go to college in an hour , will be back in 8 hour or so, i'll give you answer to any question you want to ask.

But really, you were not really there often too the last day, your reason are ?

Touche, I have been busy much the same as you have. Also, find the sheer numbers of posts and people overwhelming.

Samneric, Town.
Sam + Eric- Once killed I pop up good as new.
Brotherly Love- I can form a mason group.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 04, 2010, 12:11:18 am »

Also, find the sheer numbers of posts and people overwhelming.
Dude. We're down to 9 people, of which you are a part. Making it 8 other people. THAT'S NOT A LOT, MAN.

Brotherly Love- I can form a mason group.
I assume you already have done so? Or does forming it get rid of your Revive? Can only Townies be recruited? If not, does recruiting people reveal their alignment to you?

This sounds suspicious is why I ask.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 04, 2010, 01:15:56 am »

Theory: The invention-off-a-dead-guy is a day action. Perhaps the crunching from IronyOwl was an attempt to invent off someone he ate?
Wait what? He claims to only hide their role PM, not take their rolepower.

Oh wait, I get it. I guess it makes sense: Crunch comes from IO because Ed is rumbling around his insides to get to Zathras.

IO: Did you eat Zathras? If so, what was his role?

PANDAR: Why did you wait so long to RC? You posted right after the Vote Reset.

Also. I might as well and go ahead and claim my actions:

Night 1: I attempted to Hide Vector, but she was already nowhere to be found. In other words: Her not being available for Pandar to target was not my doing.

I waited because I wasn't sure if not finding Vector meant she was scum or something else; when you posted your ability, it made sense.

Until it didn't.

Until it did again.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 04, 2010, 06:21:08 am »

I'll Unvote just in case someone votes without thinking.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:11 pm »

Are we waiting for anything in particular, or can we move on?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53