Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: gay dwarfs?  (Read 2438 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
gay dwarfs?
« on: March 20, 2007, 09:05:00 pm »

my broker is shacking up with a fisherdwarf and they both pee standing up, if you get my meaning.

not that i mind, but i think there will be some questions asked if one of them gives birth.

anyone else noticed anything like this?

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gay dwarfs?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:37:00 am »

They probably haven't seen each other without all the clothing and armor yet. Remember, dwarves all look the same when clothed, see Terry Pratchett's work for this definitive answer.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »

not that i mind, but i think there will be some questions asked if one of them gives birth.

Um what?
Men do not get pregnant from other men, to the best of my knowledge. :)
Unless someone will answer 'but they're dwarves'.

But I have to tell you that dwarves are simply eager to share their beds with each other. I saw them sleeping with babies, with livestock and with unconcious wounded soldiers. They're just this practical.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »

well the babies might be their own children, so this makes sense.  the livestock might actually be pets, so that makes sense too.

and the unconsious wounded soldiers cant really struggle, so that.. umm.. nevermind.

now that you mention it, the fisherdwarf in question was pretty banged up and may have been unconsious.  he scumbed to his injuries and died the year after i posted this.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »

Back when we got the public alpha, there was some mention of a bug that caused dwarves to cuddle resting people -- the bed wouldn't be marked as taken, so someone would go into the bed and snooze.  I don't know if that was ever fixed, so that might be what you're seeing here.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »

quote:
now that you mention it, the fisherdwarf in question was pretty banged up and may have been unconsious. he scumbed to his injuries and died the year after i posted this.

"This bed been taken! Don't ye lie on me!"

"Ye aren't working, ye do not deserve a bed!"

"I can't, me arms are brokun!"

"Then ye should not have them break, now git out of the bed, freeloddur!"

"I can't, me legs are also brokun!"

"Then I will lie on ye, mangy cripple! Move over or i'll break yer joins once aggan!"

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

My current fort is a try at a generational fort. One of the interesting things is even though the children have assigned beds, they often sleep in the parents bed.

Even the ones that have grown into adults still follow the mother around and regularly sleep with the parents, even after the economy started and after they are paying rent on their own rooms.

I once saw the father, mother, 2 babies, 9 children, and 3 grown children all in the bed together. Thats 16 dwarves in 1 bed.

I've also seen some odd things with "friends" sleeping together. They all become friends at the parties growing up, then they sleep in the same bed. All the forts children seem to have become friends with the bookkeeper, and they often run to sleep in his bed and vice versa. They don't do it on such a large scale, however. It's usually only 2 or sometimes 3 to a bed.

I also have dwarves piling up on the barracks bed. Even though they have their own room, they seem to enjoy piling up 4 or 5 of them on the single barracks bed. Children and soldiers and farmers alike. The soldiers are even set to sleep in room, so its not like I told them to sleep in the barracks. It's not like theres a bed shortage, I have 1 room for everyone, including the babies yet to become children, and extra beds around for good measure.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 11:15:00 pm »

I heard the last human caravan went to Steelcrags and saw one of those dwarven orgies.  The headmaster vomited for three days and clawed out his own eyes.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 06:49:00 am »

Multiple dwarves stacked in one bed is on Toady's bug list already.

And yeah, it really is kinda disturbing if you put too much thought into it...