Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about [spoilers] from the deep: respawns?  (Read 1033 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Question about [spoilers] from the deep: respawns?
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:03:09 pm »

My current fort is currently being run through by about 5 pages of demons; I am currently wondering if picking them off slowly over time will work. Does anyone know if they respawn down below, or are the ones which spawn upon opening the deep downs the only ones?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Question about [spoilers] from the deep: respawns?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:04:32 pm »

Additional demons will gradually migrate in from the map edge, but their numbers are effectively infinite.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:16:24 pm »

Hmm... Then it seems I will have to be a good deal more clever... As it stands, I have a miner and a crossbow dwarf walled off in seperate parts of the fort, with massive piles of corpses everywhere else. And luckily one is walled off in a rather large food storage area under my inn. It seems my once grand 13 year old, 120 dwarf fort has turned into a 2 dwarf fort.  :-\

They even destroyed my massive 50 z level magma pump stack and with it my magma cannon :(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:19:35 pm by alway »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »

Dwarf Adam and Eve?

kapusta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 08:56:39 pm »

Basically, what I found from 3 separate serious (i.e. with the intention of conquering, not with the intention of ending your game) HFS breaches is this: (obviously) the first wave is huge - 100-200+ clowns, but I couldn't be bothered counting. If those die, HFS basically becomes empty but waves consisting of 1-4 clowns will spawn periodically. If you don't fight them, they'll leave and another wave will come in, and so on. The fact that there's never more than 5 or so to fight at once is what makes it possible to conquer HFS.