Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where are the goblins?  (Read 920 times)

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where are the goblins?
« on: August 12, 2010, 10:31:40 am »

Heres a newbie question from this new guy on the block.

Have been reading lots of stuff about goblin ambushers in DF and have prepared as such ( i hope) , but still no sign of them . Disappearing babies etc... Is it cause of the lack of a goblin civilization in my civilization screen? Or is it cuz im too darn far away from anyone? thanks.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the goblins?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:22 am »

You may have the luck of living in a goblin-free world. Goblins and elves can die out easily depending on your world generation parameters, especially when you turn the savagery down (savage lands leave them unmolested by dwarves and humans).

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:52:22 am »

If you press "c" in-game, it will list civilizations that you have discovered, ie have had some dealings with. If the goblins are missing, it can mean that you've simply not yet met any. Goblin thieves and snatchers may appear on your map but remain invisible until they perform an action or are detected by a nearby friendly dwarf/pet.

Usually goblin civs will send snatchers and thieves during the second year.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:54:09 am »

Ah... Thanks for the answers . So will be waiting around for them to come (or not ) lol.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:57:54 am »

You can look in the legends to find out whatever the goblins are still around.
To do this you need to go into your dwarf fortress folder and copy your save to a save place then go into the world and press abandon. Then go to the legends of this world and look at the goblin population. Then copy back the save and you can start playing again.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.