Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Notes on Bug Reporting  (Read 214193 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Notes on Bug Reporting
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2022, 01:22:01 am »

On the steam version, when embarking in an untamed wilds biome, zombie and howling wind ambience plays. This is unrelated to the evil biome as I tested it multiple times on untamed wild biomes on different maps. Some other people have also complained about it.

Wasn't this fixed in v50.03, or did that cause it?

I think the Kitfox Discord is the best place to report bugs at the moment.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2022, 01:43:05 am »

Hope for Toadys sake that there will be a more organized place for bug reports, I would not want to browse through that much of a backlog (where bugs, feature requests and opinions are all voiced in the same channel without any real bug tracking feature)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2022, 09:00:49 am »

Afaik, the people who sysadmin the bug tracker are also the people who sysadmin the wiki and also dfhack-afflitiated, so I imagine they're all quite busy :)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2022, 09:12:43 pm »

Afaik, the people who sysadmin the bug tracker are also the people who sysadmin the wiki and also dfhack-afflitiated, so I imagine they're all quite busy :)
Haha, yeah, there is a fair amount of crossover.

My understanding of the situation right now, though, is that Toady is working on moving to a new version of the bug tracker software (which will be more secure and also look much nicer). As you know, Toady is also quite busy right now.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2023, 02:06:42 pm »

I want to use the new version of the bug tracker. I already had an old account and tried to login via Kitfox using my old login data. Got the following error:

Your account is disabled or locked (due to too many failed login attempts) or the user/password you entered is incorrect.

Now does that mean that my old account was transferred and simply needs to be unlocked or do I have to create a new account?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2023, 02:41:31 pm »

Neither:
The number of accounts we have available is limited, so the current email method linked below is what we have.

https://kitfoxgames.notion.site/How-to-Report-Bugs-in-Dwarf-Fortress-b5e2ca19dabe408897d1c2669599b7a2
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2023, 03:11:13 pm »

Neither:
The number of accounts we have available is limited, so the current email method linked below is what we have.

https://kitfoxgames.notion.site/How-to-Report-Bugs-in-Dwarf-Fortress-b5e2ca19dabe408897d1c2669599b7a2
Ah, email it is then. Thanks for the quick response  ;)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2023, 07:26:58 pm »

Neither:

Ah, email it is then. Thanks for the quick response  ;)
Although apparently a bug means that if you were previously registered on the old Mantis, the bug report email that you spent hours working on will be met by the prompt reply "Access Denied!".
Hopefully that one's sorted soon...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2023, 11:51:02 pm »

We (managers) can still see the emails you send in. I'll try to create a ticket from yours, although the drawback is that you won't get notified for updates.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2023, 05:15:40 pm »

We (managers) can still see the emails you send in. I'll try to create a ticket from yours, although the drawback is that you won't get notified for updates.
So I can keep sending bug reports and ignore the auto-reply?
There's a couple more that aren't on the tracker yet I think.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2023, 02:56:31 pm »

Do bug reports emailed via the new instructions receive an acknowledge reply?

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2023, 01:32:23 am »

The bug tracker states you should search before sending a report in (normal) but there is no search option on it (less normal)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 02:16:51 am by Mohreb el Yasim »
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2023, 04:44:15 am »

The bug tracker states you should search before sending a report in (normal) but there is no search option on it (less normal)
There is, it's just frustratingly obtuse.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2023, 05:14:55 pm »

Do bug reports emailed via the new instructions receive an acknowledge reply?
To be clear, the View Issues page is the search page.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2023, 05:41:46 pm »

Any news on if the tracker is accepting emails yet? I see my report never made it. So annoying after spending the time to investigate, test and write a report. Is more info needed, was it just cast into the trash. No idea. But I am losing track of the "oh, that's not on the tracker I should report it" situations...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10