Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

Notes on Bug Reporting

<< < (7/28) > >>

MichaelB:
I am also receiving no initial email, nothing from Forgot Password, and nothing in the spam folder.

I believe I am experiencing bug number 0000615 [severed body parts of living dwarves not hauled] and have a save which I would like to upload to demonstrate it. I haven't reported any bugs before so I am open to suggestions on the best way to go about this.

Coaldiamond:
What is the best way to reopen an issue? The initial post does not provide any direction, and a forum search was not helpful either.
Specifically, I encountered Bug 5261. I am preparing a save now with in-game notes, but I would much prefer to attach my save files and notes to the original bug entry.

Footkerchief:

--- Quote from: Coaldiamond on February 24, 2014, 10:50:18 pm ---What is the best way to reopen an issue? The initial post does not provide any direction, and a forum search was not helpful either.
Specifically, I encountered Bug 5261. I am preparing a save now with in-game notes, but I would much prefer to attach my save files and notes to the original bug entry.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5261 --- If anyone else can provide a save, please message a Manager on the forums.

--- End quote ---

This works too, though.  Reopened.

Dwarfu:
Added a bullet point in OP with links to the Managers' Profiles for messaging.

Loci:
Closing out bug reports with "Resolved: unable to reproduce" without even attempting to reproduce the problem just wastes everyone's time.

As an example: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6074

It's still a known problem, nothing has been done to resolve it, and lethosor managed to reproduce part of the problem. Yet the bug report has been marked Resolved, hiding the problem and making it more difficult to search for.

How many other problems have been swept under the rug?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version