Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Notes on Bug Reporting  (Read 214116 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Notes on Bug Reporting
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2014, 10:27:28 am »

Should I be reporting bugs in 34.11? I know that 40.0x is the current version, but there are a few random crashes (mostly segfaults from the terminal) that I have been getting.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2014, 12:36:34 pm »

Should I be reporting bugs in 34.11? I know that 40.0x is the current version, but there are a few random crashes (mostly segfaults from the terminal) that I have been getting.

We'd prefer not.  0.40.X broke save compatibility, so it would take a lot of extra work (and in some cases be totally impossible) to determine whether a 0.34.X crash has since been fixed (or rendered obsolete).  New reports should always use the latest version available.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:38:22 pm by Footkerchief »

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »

Just wanted to say that I ran into

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7284

in 40.08

Didn't see it in the 40.09 changelog, but it still exists.

I had a Carpenter go into a fey mood while everyone was sealed inside because of a Gobbo siege. Well, right after the siege. Everything was fine for a few seconds, then FPS tanked. It went down to 2 or 3 FPS for a while. I frantically cut through the wall, and FPS rose back up to 58 or so.

I realize you're aware of this, just giving a poke or so. The last few bug squashing updates have been great! Keep up the great work!
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2014, 12:39:05 am »

Just wanted to say that I ran into

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7284

in 40.08

Didn't see it in the 40.09 changelog, but it still exists.

I had a Carpenter go into a fey mood while everyone was sealed inside because of a Gobbo siege. Well, right after the siege. Everything was fine for a few seconds, then FPS tanked. It went down to 2 or 3 FPS for a while. I frantically cut through the wall, and FPS rose back up to 58 or so.

I realize you're aware of this, just giving a poke or so. The last few bug squashing updates have been great! Keep up the great work!

This kind of confirmation is more useful when posted on the tracker, since that lets us keep all the information in one place.

Daw1de

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:09 am »

Hi, I have a small feature request for the bugtracker.
The only two rss feed I can find are:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/issues_rss.php
which show every single bug in the tracker sorted by the latest change and
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/issues_rss.php?filter_id=8474
which add a filter showing only the bugs that are "Acknowledged/confirmed".
I would like if Toady added a filter showing especially all the bugs that are fixed in the next version (aka this page: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php).

I think the rss filter should be every post assigned to "Toady One" and sorted by "Fixed in Version Descending"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:52:40 am by Daw1de »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 08:03:06 am »

Here's a filter: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/search.php?project_id=1&handler_id=2&resolution_id=20&sticky_issues=off&sortby=fixed_in_version&dir=DESC&hide_status_id=-2
I don't know how to link to an RSS feed, though - I selected "Make public", but evidently that doesn't work - I can't access http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/issues_rss.php?filter_id=8594 when logged out.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Daw1de

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2014, 09:13:22 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/issues_rss.php?filter_id=8594
That's the correct link, thanks.
I also confirm that it doesn't work if you aren't logged-in. You have to add the "username" and the "key" fields to the url in order to make it work in the rss reader ( it's also the same for the "Acknowledged/confirmed" ).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:15:14 am by Daw1de »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2014, 07:13:58 pm »

If I get a segfault with a core dump, where do I find this dump? Ubuntu 14.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2014, 11:31:13 am »

There are several sticky'd bugs which have been closed; they should be un-sticky'd.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2014, 11:48:12 am »

Done. Thanks!

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2014, 12:46:59 pm »

Two questions about the tracker:

1) What's the difference between "acknowledged" and "confirmed"?

2) What does it mean when a bug is assigned to someone besides Toady?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »

Two questions about the tracker:

1) What's the difference between "acknowledged" and "confirmed"?
Confirmed issues usually have a higher priority than acknowledged issues.
2) What does it mean when a bug is assigned to someone besides Toady?
When a manager changes the status of a report, it is (usually) automatically assigned to that manager. It's possible to unassign it manually, but self-assigning issues helps us track the status of issues we've requested feedback on (e.g. with the "Assigned to Me (Unresolved)" list under "My View").

JensTheViking

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Drunk Giant playing with drunk dwarves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2014, 03:47:13 am »

Anyone know where is should report / ask about problems regarding dwarf therapist? It's showing all my dwarves miserable after updating the savegames to the newest starters pack 40.15...
"I drink beer therefore I talk bollocks"
"If it's wet, drink it!"
"Diversity is not richness, nor is it poorness. It's normal"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2014, 12:32:01 pm »

Probably here in the starter pack thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.1700

damodred

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2015, 02:43:45 am »

1: The "new topic" button in this board is non-excisting for me as a new user, using opera web browser - forcing me to post my bug here, plese forgive :)

2: My 1 year old fortress crashes. This crash happends every time 3-4 sec after the last autosave. Used lazy noob pack, and disabling utilities, mods, dfhack etc and changeing graphics does NOT work. I can stay in paused mode forever tho.
I might have to abandon my fortress, but don't want to risk to run into the same problem again with a new one.
I would upload my savefile but I don't know where to find it. In the folder LNP/DF40/data/save there's just one empty folder and one with tons of DATs and txts and graphic images.
While i have decent understanding of PCs, I am a complete noobie to DF so if you wish to help please keep it simple :) Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10