Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Notes on Bug Reporting  (Read 214077 times)

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notes on Bug Reporting
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 08:47:30 am »

40.01D Crashes everytime I go down a level.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »

First: Sorry for my bad english.
DF2014
Not sure if it's a bug or not:

Everytime when I start to start a new Adventure Game, it freezes when the game trys to update the world.

Any advice?

//: What does that even mean? Calendar or something?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:25:25 pm by Showbiz »
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »

Everytime when I start to start a new DF-Adventure Game, it freezes when the game trys to update the world.

Any advice?

It is a bug, and hopefully will be fixed within a few weeks.  Watch this report for updates.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 04:45:49 pm »

Everytime when I start to start a new DF-Adventure Game, it freezes when the game trys to update the world.

Any advice?

It is a bug, and hopefully will be fixed within a few weeks.  Watch this report for updates.

Ah, thanks!

//: No Problems on a small Map, though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:01:19 pm by Showbiz »
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 05:38:20 pm »

Any advice?

It's just very slow.  If you wait long enough, it will finish.  It took ~30 minutes on my computer for a medium world with default settings, as I recall.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »

If anyone's interested in helping out, there are ~50 reports that may or may not have been fixed by the 0.40.01 release.  It would be great to get confirmation (via a comment on the report) about whether or not they were fixed.  Thanks in advance!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:52 am »

If anyone's interested in helping out, there are ~50 reports that may or may not have been fixed by the 0.40.01 release.  It would be great to get confirmation (via a comment on the report) about whether or not they were fixed.  Thanks in advance!

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2892 is a duplicate of another one that got closed yesterday, because it was fixed on 0.40.01.

Now, Knight Otu closed this report of mine: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7037 as a duplicate of http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6891 ...it is ok, they are similar enough, but pulped isn't mangled. Mangled is the old red wound, and even body parts with yellow wounds should cease to function. I think this distinction is important.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2014, 08:54:10 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2892 is a duplicate of another one that got closed yesterday, because it was fixed on 0.40.01.

I left a comment there.

Now, Knight Otu closed this report of mine: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7037 as a duplicate of http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6891 ...it is ok, they are similar enough, but pulped isn't mangled. Mangled is the old red wound, and even body parts with yellow wounds should cease to function. I think this distinction is important.

Yeah, it's worth making the distinction.  I broadened 1534 to include mangled as well as broken, since those are more similar, and shifted the duplicate relationship there.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:57:06 am by Footkerchief »

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2014, 09:00:57 am »

I left a comment there.

I was updating it at the same time...I would think that because there was a new one each year was the reason they stacked up (because it should have been the same one)...we can reopen it if it doesn't appear to be the case.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »

I believe I've encountered the same bug twice, where attempting to leave a Necromancer site via fast travel has resulted in a crash. I'm not sure if I was far enough away or not for it to count being on the site, but I think it has something to do with their tower.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 12:55:10 pm »

I believe I've encountered the same bug twice, where attempting to leave a Necromancer site via fast travel has resulted in a crash. I'm not sure if I was far enough away or not for it to count being on the site, but I think it has something to do with their tower.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6654

If you're using 0.40.02, it would be helpful to upload your save to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ and post the link at that report.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Danny252

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 03:40:00 pm »

Is there any reason why duplicate/not-bug issues are being marked as "resolved", rather than just "closed", on Mantis? Looking back this used (2012) to happen. It's currently quite difficult to work out what's been fixed given the huge number of issues that are marked as resolved - whilst usually looking for "Toady One" works for finding real fixes, sometimes someone else marks an actually resolved bug as resolved (presumably when he forgets or something)!

(Of course, you might argue it's easier to just view Toady's daily updates...)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:41:31 pm by Danny252 »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2014, 03:57:57 pm »

Is there any reason why duplicate/not-bug issues are being marked as "resolved", rather than just "closed", on Mantis? Looking back this used (2012) to happen. It's currently quite difficult to work out what's been fixed given the huge number of issues that are marked as resolved - whilst usually looking for "Toady One" works for finding real fixes, sometimes someone else marks an actually resolved bug as resolved (presumably when he forgets or something)!

(Of course, you might argue it's easier to just view Toady's daily updates...)

This comes up now and then:
Someone raised the same issue on the tracker.  This is what I told them:

I'm setting them as "resolved" so that Toady can review them before closing them. As far as I can tell, that's the expected workflow for Mantis, so I'm trying it out. Also, when you resolve tickets, it gives you to the opportunity to also set a duplicate relationship, which is more convenient than doing it as two separate steps.

In addition to the fact that Mantis makes it easier to do things this way, here's a workflow diagram for general bug tracking:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want to see the fixes only, the changelog is the best way.  However, you can also filter on the 'resolution' field.

Danny252

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 03:26:07 pm »

If you want to see the fixes only, the changelog is the best way.

Ah, it does make sense that the changelog only includes actual fixes - it never clicked in my head that it does exactly what I'm thinking of, despite viewing it several times!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10