Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Notes on Bug Reporting  (Read 214107 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Re: Notes on Bug Reporting
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2015, 09:32:25 pm »

1: The "new topic" button in this board is non-excisting for me as a new user, using opera web browser - forcing me to post my bug here, plese forgive :)

2: My 1 year old fortress crashes. This crash happends every time 3-4 sec after the last autosave. Used lazy noob pack, and disabling utilities, mods, dfhack etc and changeing graphics does NOT work. I can stay in paused mode forever tho.
I might have to abandon my fortress, but don't want to risk to run into the same problem again with a new one.
I would upload my savefile but I don't know where to find it. In the folder LNP/DF40/data/save there's just one empty folder and one with tons of DATs and txts and graphic images.
While i have decent understanding of PCs, I am a complete noobie to DF so if you wish to help please keep it simple :) Thanks!
Please post the report to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/ and upload the file to http://dffd.bay12games.com/. This board is no long used. If you have problems registering, just email Toady.

Edit: Missed where you dont know where to find the save. It is the folder named after your region in Data/save. To upload it you have to compress the folder.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:34:29 pm by skyte100 »

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2015, 06:08:24 am »

What would be the right place to report a website problem? Here?

I follow the main page rss feed and for a couple of weeks now, the time stamp is wrong. The news come in claiming to be from a month ago, as if the server clock were 30 days behind. I do get the latest articles in a timely manner, they just look old.  None of my other feeds shows this problem, so it seems to be on your end.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:12:37 am by Rafatio »

lisras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2015, 01:46:02 am »

3 hour game, i try to save it crashs, wow what the mother F

davidc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2015, 12:10:30 pm »

One thing I found was in a dwarf description:

"She is almost never sick and agile, but she is XXX."

It should read instead:

"She is agile and almost never sick, but she is XXX."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2015, 01:39:35 pm »

This isn't the place to report bugs - use the bug tracker instead. (I'm not sure how feasible that word order would be to change, particularly if more than two traits show up.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

JacobVR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »

There are several sticky'd bugs which have been closed; they should be un-sticky'd.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2016, 11:20:36 pm »

Where do you see those? (I tried searching for resolved issues with sticky issues shown just now, but I couldn't find any.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

infinitenoah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2016, 05:26:33 am »

hey I know this is off topic but I cant see where to post a thread lol. well anyways how do I download this game? and is it free? thanks (:

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2016, 06:42:19 pm »

Go to bay12games.com. It's free.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

a52

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes crows for their intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2017, 09:18:36 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, but how can I generate a crash log (like this)?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 08:02:00 pm by a52 »

a52

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes crows for their intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »

Making a second post so it's seen:

Is it acceptable to go around adding tags to old reports? Am I helping by categorizing possibly-related issues, or am I cluttering up the page with unnecessary bumps?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:02 pm »

Making a second post so it's seen:

Is it acceptable to go around adding tags to old reports? Am I helping by categorizing possibly-related issues, or am I cluttering up the page with unnecessary bumps?
Personally, I would prefer that you didn't do that. It looks like you're mostly adding keywords that aren't in the original report (at least the ones I've checked), which is kind of helpful for search purposes (unlike duplicating words that are already in the report), but it mostly tends to clutter up the "recently modified" section.

It's more helpful to link related issues using relationships, which Toady checks sometimes. I've seen people post suggestions for relationships for managers to add as notes on the bug tracker, and I've also gotten some PMs about it. I'm not concerned about posts on the tracker updating the issue, since making changes to relationships would update the issue anyway. Tags seem to link a lot of issues that are only tangentially related, which isn't much more helpful than the existing category field or a search.

Myrand95

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2017, 08:17:00 am »

I lot of bugs that you mentioned here, i have actually experienced, hope that this is going to be the last time! :-\

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2017, 05:03:57 am »

1) It seems to me there are lots of tags that have typos in them ("caberns") or are doubled ("Cage" vs. "cages"). I think it could help if such typos are fixed and doubles merged. Is there anything to check for when deleting a tag? Was there ever any agreement if tags should be rather in singular or plural form or other such standardization efforts? I think if there is less clutter in the list of tags reporters will be more inclined to use the list of existing tags before writing their own ones, possibly creating more redundancy.

2) Do you know about View issues->List of filters (under Reset filter)->Potential unhandled duplicates :D ? It took me quite some time to stumble upon it.

3) Is there some other place used for discussion on how to manage DF Mantis?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2017, 06:03:10 am »

1) It seems to me there are lots of tags that have typos in them ("caberns") or are doubled ("Cage" vs. "cages"). I think it could help if such typos are fixed and doubles merged. Is there anything to check for when deleting a tag? Was there ever any agreement if tags should be rather in singular or plural form or other such standardization efforts? I think if there is less clutter in the list of tags reporters will be more inclined to use the list of existing tags before writing their own ones, possibly creating more redundancy.

2) Do you know about View issues->List of filters (under Reset filter)->Potential unhandled duplicates :D ? It took me quite some time to stumble upon it.

3) Is there some other place used for discussion on how to manage DF Mantis?

1) Unfortunately, I don't think there's a merge function for tags, at least not in our version of Mantis.

2) I'm not seeing that anywhere, unfortunately. It might be identical to summary>open duplicate?

3) We've mostly communicated via pms when the need arose.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10