Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Notes on Bug Reporting  (Read 214108 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notes on Bug Reporting
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2017, 01:50:04 pm »

You can get to a list of issues with a specific tag, and can attach tags to all of them at once from there, then delete the tag you don't want. (Try to avoid deleting tags that still have issues attached without replacing them with another tag, unless the tags are useless, like "Toady please fix this now!".)

"Potentially unhandled duplicates" is a filter someone made, possibly me, and it's possibly only visible to managers. I know you have to be logged in to save filters, and you might need to be a manager to make saved filters "public" and visible to others (or other managers?) like that.

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2017, 08:08:33 am »

I can't find anything on Mantis! Am I using the wrong keywords? I'm trying to see if the bug I'm experiencing is just me or has someone else reported it, but I don't seem to be able to browse the problems, or narrow them down. In the newest version (44.02) the game doesn't see some items in the stockpiles - for example I had a whole bin full of paper sheets but the craftsdrwarf shop had the 'make quire' job red as if there were no sheets available. Similar with hives - had 10 in bins, but couldn't build any. Searching for 'stockpiles' on Mantis doesn't bring up anything though.

Am I doing something wrong?
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2017, 09:22:00 am »

I can't find anything on Mantis! Am I using the wrong keywords? I'm trying to see if the bug I'm experiencing is just me or has someone else reported it, but I don't seem to be able to browse the problems, or narrow them down. In the newest version (44.02) the game doesn't see some items in the stockpiles - for example I had a whole bin full of paper sheets but the craftsdrwarf shop had the 'make quire' job red as if there were no sheets available. Similar with hives - had 10 in bins, but couldn't build any. Searching for 'stockpiles' on Mantis doesn't bring up anything though.

Am I doing something wrong?

You need to log in to search. Looks like a bug. That's pretty meta, I must say.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2017, 09:50:51 am »

No, you just need to clear the current filter before searching.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

SomeGuyNamedSammy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2020, 01:10:37 pm »

Hi, sorry, but where/how do we post a bug report? Sorry I'm very new to both DF and this forum haha

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2020, 02:02:42 pm »

I’ve just noticed that the images in the OP at the start of the thread don’t work.  They may need to be rehosted.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »

Hi, sorry, but where/how do we post a bug report? Sorry I'm very new to both DF and this forum haha
Bug tracker is here:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2021, 05:34:23 pm »

I can't report a bug. Every time I try, I get "Invalid form security token. Did you submit the form twice by accident?" from Mantis.
I'm logged in and I don't see any sort of captcha. My adblocker and anti-tracker are both disabled, so they can't be interefering.

So I guess we need a bug tracker for the bug tracker, huh.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2021, 06:04:17 pm »

Can you try using this link? https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/

Sometimes leaving off the "www." or using HTTP instead of HTTPS can cause issues like that.

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2021, 06:08:57 pm »

It worked, now. Thanks!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2022, 09:19:13 am »

Is Mantis still the place to report bugs, or is there a new platform/method in use for the Steam release?  I have a crash that was listed as "fixed" by Toady in 2019 but it seems to have crept back in with the new version (i.e., crashing with errorlog.txt just spamming "Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds")
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2022, 11:09:10 am »

They've got a couple of bug channels on the KitfoxGames discord, that seems to be to current place.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

hamurlik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2022, 11:40:06 am »

They've got a couple of bug channels on the KitfoxGames discord, that seems to be to current place.
No idea if anyone who can actually fix the bugs reads it, though...
i play dorfs

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2022, 09:17:24 pm »

Is Mantis still the place to report bugs, or is there a new platform/method in use for the Steam release?  I have a crash that was listed as "fixed" by Toady in 2019 but it seems to have crept back in with the new version (i.e., crashing with errorlog.txt just spamming "Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds")
If the only similarity is what is logged in errorlog.txt, then the crash likely has a different cause. errorlog.txt is only really helpful for identifying certain modding-related errors, as opposed to crashes.

No idea if anyone who can actually fix the bugs reads it, though...
They do (see 50.02, for instance), but some things take time to fix.

Pariedolia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2022, 04:04:09 am »

When I try to create an account on mantis it says "Invalid form security token. Did you submit the form twice by accident?" so I will just mention it here since coupled with the forum waiting time to create an account I have been trying too long just to post a bug haha.

If someone else wants to post it on there feel free:
On the steam version, when embarking in an untamed wilds biome, zombie and howling wind ambience plays. This is unrelated to the evil biome as I tested it multiple times on untamed wild biomes on different maps. Some other people have also complained about it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10