Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Notes on Bug Reporting  (Read 214041 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notes on Bug Reporting
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2023, 08:44:16 pm »

It is and has been accepting emails. You should have gotten an automated reply - check your spam folder if not. There is a manual triage step before they move to the "Dwarf Fortress" project, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2023, 09:45:55 pm »

It is and has been accepting emails. You should have gotten an automated reply - check your spam folder if not. There is a manual triage step before they move to the "Dwarf Fortress" project, though.
I did get an automated reply it said "access denied". I posted here and you replied on January 5th that you would try to create a ticket and that I wouldn't receive automated updates. So what would be in my spam folder?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2023, 09:55:06 pm »

Sorry, it sounded to me like you were talking about something new. That report does still exist in the helpdesk inbox.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2023, 10:53:22 pm »

Sorry, it sounded to me like you were talking about something new. That report does still exist in the helpdesk inbox.
Great.
In case it helps, it also occurs in 47.05 where it can be tested properly as seeds are working there. Just whipped up a couple more worlds to try it.

--
Oh, mind you now that I'm testing it in 47.05 where I can get at the actual pops more easily I see I may be mistaken.
Need the speed of 50.0x worldgen and the Legends export of 47.05 to test this properly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 10:50:47 am by Shonai_Dweller »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2023, 02:15:13 pm »

For anyone else having trouble sending in reports via email, that issue should be fixed now.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2023, 07:16:48 pm »

Is the new bug tracker up to date? It seems like no issues were solved since december 2022. I assume that there are a lot of duplicate entries since many more players than before are reporting. But not even duplicates are solved. That seems weird to me...

Also, I submitted a report that never showed up on the tracker although reports with ID's higher than mine are on it. Are all reported issues still included, even if they can directly be closed (for being a duplicate for example)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2023, 10:31:25 pm »

Is the new bug tracker up to date? It seems like no issues were solved since december 2022. I assume that there are a lot of duplicate entries since many more players than before are reporting. But not even duplicates are solved. That seems weird to me...

Also, I submitted a report that never showed up on the tracker although reports with ID's higher than mine are on it. Are all reported issues still included, even if they can directly be closed (for being a duplicate for example)?
Seems to be working. I think the entire point of making it email only was so they didn't have mountains of duplicate reports on the tracker to close.
(Besides Mantis licensing strangeness, of course).

nataraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2023, 11:27:31 am »

Hi!

How can I register at https://dwarffortress.mantishub.io/? I did not found proper button or menu item...
e-mail: dhyan@nataraj.su
matrix: @dhyan:nataraj.su

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Nekkowe

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm using tilt controls!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2023, 12:11:42 pm »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2023, 11:25:03 pm »

Seems to be working for me currently. If it's still giving you trouble, you could try a different browser or clearing your browser's cache.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2023, 02:29:53 pm »

Yeah, that still loads for me. Hmm, it used to be linked to on https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/ but now there's no link for bug reporting. May be there's changes coming?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2023, 04:20:43 pm »

Yeah, that still loads for me. Hmm, it used to be linked to on https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/ but now there's no link for bug reporting. May be there's changes coming?
I still see a Bug Tracker link on the front page. Links to the Kitfox info about the new tracker now though.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2023, 04:49:14 pm »

Ah, an add-on is blocking the button image since the file name includes the word 'tracker', I think.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2023, 03:56:43 pm »

Echoing an announcement from Kitfox: the bug tracker has moved to https://dwarffortressbugtracker.com/. It behaves very similarly to the old tracker, and accounts from the old tracker should still work.

The instructions at https://kitfoxgames.notion.site/How-to-Report-Bugs-in-Dwarf-Fortress-Updated-Nov-2023-b5e2ca19dabe408897d1c2669599b7a2 (pinned in this board) point to the new tracker as well.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10