Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [DF 31.13] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 13.3] (We're back!)  (Read 39740 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 31.12] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 0.06.02]
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »

hey wait a minute, where's my damn HOBBITS? I WANT HOBBITS!!!!!!!!!!!

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 31.12] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 0.06.02]
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 12:25:31 pm »

Version 0.07 Released.

I took farming away from the dwarves, no idea what effect that'll have on worldgen.
I made Elves playable, and gave them access to all professions and reactions.
There's a new weapon: the shovel. It digs, and hits like a weaker version of an axe. In 1v1 combat, with no armor or training, it seems to be about on par with picks and axes. Add armor, and axes start to overpower shovels, although I might need to lower the stats at some point.
I changed the Elven noble positions, which are now:
Diplomat (duh. Also serves as liason.)
Keeper (bookkeeper)
Expedition Leader (just threw it in for kicks)
Forward Scout (militia captain)
Ranger Captain (Lieutenant)
Monarch (duh.)
General (see above.)
Acolyte (Medical/Manager)
Druid (Law Enforcement, Health Care, Religion)

Edit: Just discovered Elves don't have access to axes. I'm leaving it like that for now. Shovels work great, though.
hey wait a minute, where's my damn HOBBITS? I WANT HOBBITS!!!!!!!!!!!
Chill out. Hobbits are next, once I fix Ents and finish Elves, I think. I might get distracted by humans or weapons.

Edit2: Just discovered Elves have no military screen. >.<
Working on a fix now.

Edit3: Version 0.07.01 Released.
I added another noble, The Elven Bowmaster, who fills the role of a militia commander. The Elven military should now work. On a brighter note, dwarves seem to be surviving worldgen without farming.

Edit4: Finished tweaking elf stats to make them not pushovers. I could still use a hand changing Ent's material, I can't seem to wrap my head around it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:13:46 pm by existent »
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 31.12] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 0.07.01]
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 04:22:52 pm »

Alright, here's what I've gotten done since the last update:
gave elves access to battle axes
tweaked elves, ents, and wargs stats
changed a body part in wargs that was giving back an error
Fixed a duplicate file issue that was screwing up elves
removed [PET_EXOTIC] tag from wargs
introduced Hobbits as a creature (shorter and weaker than dwarves, but more agile)
Started work on hobbits as a playable race (have access to short swords and spears, don't wear shoes, no access to metal or metalworking- which isn't permanent- and should come trade in spring. I think. I haven't finished reworking their nobles yet.)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »

Started work on hobbits as a playable race (have access to short swords and spears, don't wear shoes, no access to metal or metalworking- which isn't permanent- and should come trade in spring. I think. I haven't finished reworking their nobles yet.)
give them shortbows as the tooks were known to be hunters and you better invent some foot armor for them as they will start losing foots quick.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 04:59:56 pm »

give them shortbows as the tooks were known to be hunters and you better invent some foot armor for them as they will start losing foots quick.
Hobbits never wore shoes of any kind. I'd be more likely to give them really tough feet.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 05:01:19 pm »

*ninja'd*

could put the brains in the feet and make their feet super important....since its what they seem to be known by there legendary feet!  :P

Realistically though....even when wearing armor they didn't wear anything on the feet if i remember correctly. granted the current combat system does not necessarily protect feet (since they are away from most of the action)...although a hobbit in anything other than the smallest mail shirt seems....odd...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 08:50:27 pm »

so watching this, though how to you propose letting dwarves be playable if they can't farm, just have to fish and butcher alot?
Nom nom nom

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 09:02:45 pm »

so watching this, though how to you propose letting dwarves be playable if they can't farm, just have to fish and butcher alot?
Yes, as well as trade. In LotR, dwarves traded their weapons and armor for food. I'm not sure how dwarves are going end up long-term, and if bringing back underground farming is necessary, I'll do it. Elsewise, I might give them access to outdoor farming once again. We'll see what ends up working best.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

Yes, as well as trade. In LotR, dwarves traded their weapons and armor for food. I'm not sure how dwarves are going end up long-term, and if bringing back underground farming is necessary, I'll do it. Elsewise, I might give them access to outdoor farming once again. We'll see what ends up working best.
how about outdoor farming, but the only thing's they can plant take forever to mature, have low food value, *can be brewed into beer, I mean man they neeeeeed beer* and produces only one seed per plant?  That way farming is only useful for beer, and a small supplement food supply/take huge amounts of room and time for small gain?
Nom nom nom

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 09:07:52 pm »

how about outdoor farming, but the only thing's they can plant take forever to mature, have low food value, *can be brewed into beer, I mean man they neeeeeed beer* and produces only one seed per plant?  That way farming is only useful for beer, and a small supplement food supply/take huge amounts of room and time for small gain?
Is it possible to make only a certain caste of dwarf able to farm?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 09:09:43 pm »

Is it possible to make only a certain caste of dwarf able to farm?
I'm not entirely sure but farming would be a entity item, not a caste item, so.... probably not, but ask deon, he seems to know everything about modding.
Nom nom nom

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 31.12] ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝ [WotR 0.09]
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 10:52:34 pm »

Version 0.09 Released.

Spoiler: Changes (click to show/hide)
I'm starting to get really impatient with adding creatures/civilizations, so the next big change is likely to be the first parts of the weapon overhaul.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 10:59:24 pm »

Funnily enough, I was just making a few changes to the weapon and armour system myself. There are some things that you probably really should tweak - the LAYER_MAX values on body armour are all over the place - fix those and you won't have dwarfs with six capes and four mail shirts any more (the other default items are pretty much fine as they are). When it comes to weapons, whips could do with a velocity nerf, if you're planning on keeping them, that is, which you may well be not.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2010, 11:31:53 pm »

Sure enough, my younger brother, ever the faithful tester, has discovered that hobbits aren't placing correctly in worldgen, leading to frequent crashes during "placing civilizations" as well as a total lack of hobbits in the game.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:36 pm »

In entity_wotr_hobbit.txt:

[OBJECT:HALFLING]

Should be OBJECT:ENTITY.

Edit: Also, you've forgotten to close the description tag in the hobbit creature entry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9