Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military training technique  (Read 2479 times)

furlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military training technique
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:32:11 pm »

So I was perusing this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63528.0 about a quick and easy way to train up dwarves in all manner of military related skills. Since the military is still a little on the buggy side and this seems to work well I though it might be a nice addition to the wiki. Specifically the article on training/sparring which is here http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Training. However some people in the thread have pointed out that this could border on cheating. Personally I don't think it is an exploit or cheat. But I thought I might ask before I added it as a possible solution in the wiki. Also I realize the wiki is more a place to better grasp the fundamental idea of how to carry out some action, rather then layout specifics, but I still think this might be a good addition. Any thoughts or ideas?

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Military training technique
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:39:48 pm »

I say go for it.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:03:17 pm »

When has something being an exploit stopped the wiki from covering it? I think it should be there, it's useful knowledge.
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

furlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:19:40 pm »

Well I guess I am going to go ahead and write it up then. Look for it on the wiki soon  :)!

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:26:23 am »

When has something being an exploit stopped the wiki from covering it? I think it should be there, it's useful knowledge.

Yes, otherwise the whole part of quantum stockpiling and atomsmashing would never have made it in. I'd say those are some pretty big exploits.