Author Topic: Cows  (Read 16264 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Cows
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 08:43:30 am »

I swear one of dem cows just uttered "Moo, I say"
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 09:19:48 am »

the goddamned noise the mothers make is bloody annoying.
There's a field adjacent to this house, and they used to use cows to cut the grass up there. They stopped after the whole damn neighborhood complained of the noise, but it was very annoying indeed.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 09:24:31 am »

I was at a friend's place once out in the Highlands (not the Scottish ones), sitting in the shade, when this godawful lowing started. Mamma Cow lost her calf, apparently. the calf was standing not too far away (about fifty meters, I guess, I could see them both from where I was), making this hideous row.

The calf was in the tall grass and couldn't see, most likely, or probably they were both quite dumb, as cows are wont to be.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 09:27:22 am »

I love cows. They are my favourite animal. They never let me pet them though.  :'(

i want a cow doggy :C

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 12:47:50 pm »

Cows are cool. Horses, however, are really scary. I know a guy who's got a big hole in his thigh because a horse bit a chunk out of him.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 01:36:56 pm »

I'm so proud that noone has mentioned Kung Pow: Enter the Fist yet.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 02:13:55 pm »

Cows are cool. Horses, however, are really scary. I know a guy who's got a big hole in his thigh because a horse bit a chunk out of him.
Horses can do that?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 02:19:48 pm »

Horses can do that?

Horses bite the shit out of you but I have never heard of anyone getting a chunk ripped out!

Cows are pretty friendly and will even come to you when you call if you name them from calf and interact with them for their entire life.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 02:21:21 pm »

Horses can do that?
No, the creature he is in fact discribing is a bull shark. The teeth of horses are flat and blunt for consuming plant matter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 02:50:04 pm »

Horses can do that?
No, the creature he is in fact discribing is a bull shark. The teeth of horses are flat and blunt for consuming plant matter.

No they have incisors that can rip the shit out of your leg if you get a bullshit crazy horse
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 02:53:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This looks hurty.

/thread
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:56:15 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 02:54:41 pm »

in the sense that it's broken?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 02:56:26 pm »

Fix'd.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2010, 02:57:24 pm »

No it isn't. Dakk, your image has failhosting.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2010, 03:00:33 pm »

FFFFF bandwidth jews.

There, hosted it meself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    ︠     ︡