Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: burial, or lack thereof  (Read 3383 times)

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
burial, or lack thereof
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:07:00 pm »

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but burial is badly bugged. I have several dead dwarves laying around my fortress from an attack. I have several live dwarves with nothing but burial selected on their labor list. I have coffins ready to receive the bodies (yes, I've set them for burial and they're not behind locked doors). I see the "place item in tomb" in the jobs list, inactive. All the while the burial dwarves sit around with "no job" showing.

This sucks. Why won't they haul the bodies?

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: burial, or lack thereof
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »

Hmmm let's see now.... Try these three things.

If the corpses are outside try going to the options menu(O) and setting the thingy to collect outside stuff(don't have DF on my laptop so can't be asked to be more specific).

Failing that try activating them into the military for a sec.

If neither of those things work complain at a bunch of people on the forums... That should get you a better response.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:09:00 am »

All the corpses are inside and corpse collection is on. Drafting then un-drafting the dwarves does nothing.

quote:
If neither of those things work complain at a bunch of people on the forums...  

That's what I thought I was doing!  :D

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:57:00 am »

huh.  never heard of this one before.  check to see if there is empty space in your graveyard, or try designating a new one.  Or check to see that you have empty coffins that are enabled for burrial, and permit citizens to be placed in them.  Or try placing new coffins and enabling them.

if that doesnt work, youre probably not complaining to smart enough people.  I cant speak for Pnx, but im kind of a stooge.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:12:00 am »

As I mentioned in the first post, I have coffins available and tagged for citizens. The "place body in tomb" job is in the (j) jobs list... and has been there for a very long time. The coffins are already tagged with the name of the deceased also. One finally got moved after it started to rot... two more to go and they're really stinking up the joint.

Just seems like burial has very low priority for some reason.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 02:21:00 am »

Well, sure, I mean, you wouldn't want any delays in your stone hauling operation, after all... >.>

You sure that the tombs are labeled with the correct dwarves?  They might just be the tombs of a few random dwarves that drowned in the seasonal flood...

If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 07:33:00 am »

No, they're definately tagged for the bodies that are laying around. They finally got picked up... took the better part of two years to collect three bodies. Two had started to rot and the last one picked up was a pile of bones. All the while my burial team sat around tagged with "no job".