Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

Random Leatherworker gains High Master Appraiser from on

(1/1)

Hypcso:
The title says it. I traded nothing extravagant, there wasn't a particuarally large amount of items or great worth ( About 120 items, maybe 50k monies at the most ). My Mayor/trader was on break and the caravan was about to leave, so I turned on " Anyone can trade " and quickly did the trade. After it finished I saw the Adept Leatherworker become a trader/gain experience and thought that was a bit odd, so I V'd him and saw he'd somehow gained up to high master from just this one trade! Has to be a bug.

Align:
120 items/50k sounds like a lot to me...

Crafty Barnardo:
Something like this happened to me as well.  I had an armorer go all the way to Expert Appraiser just for trading one bolt of cave spider silk for some cheap crafts.  It may not be a bug, but it is, at best, an easy exploit.

Hypcso:
It isn't much for me, I've traded over 250k of items before with an unskilled peasent and he only got 1 or 2 ranks. I'd like to know what exactly the formula is.

Deathworks:
Hi!As I mentioned before, I also have witnessed that phenomenon. I wouldn't call it a bug, but it seems to be a serious balance issue.Deathworks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version