Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Leatherworker gains High Master Appraiser from on  (Read 2530 times)

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random Leatherworker gains High Master Appraiser from on
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:30:00 am »

The title says it. I traded nothing extravagant, there wasn't a particuarally large amount of items or great worth ( About 120 items, maybe 50k monies at the most ). My Mayor/trader was on break and the caravan was about to leave, so I turned on " Anyone can trade " and quickly did the trade. After it finished I saw the Adept Leatherworker become a trader/gain experience and thought that was a bit odd, so I V'd him and saw he'd somehow gained up to high master from just this one trade! Has to be a bug.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Leatherworker gains High Master Appraiser from on
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:44:00 am »

120 items/50k sounds like a lot to me...
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 10:39:00 am »

Something like this happened to me as well.  I had an armorer go all the way to Expert Appraiser just for trading one bolt of cave spider silk for some cheap crafts.  

It may not be a bug, but it is, at best, an easy exploit.

Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 09:34:00 pm »

It isn't much for me, I've traded over 250k of items before with an unskilled peasent and he only got 1 or 2 ranks. I'd like to know what exactly the formula is.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:37:00 am »

Hi!

As I mentioned before, I also have witnessed that phenomenon. I wouldn't call it a bug, but it seems to be a serious balance issue.

Deathworks