Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LOST: 1 caged child  (Read 2381 times)

Been

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LOST: 1 caged child
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »

So I'm 4 years into my current fortress and am progressing rather slowly having reached the Magma and only just gotten my Broker.  While I was checking things here and there and waiting for a human caravan to finish getting to the Trade Depot I noticed the message

"Etur Loloktatlosh, Child cancels Drink: Caged."

This is particularly strange as I don't have any cage traps set up, or have in fact built any at all.  According to the unit list I still have the 6 children my fortress should have, but only 5 of them are listed in the unit list, with the 6th nowhere to be seen, not even in the dead or misc lists below the living Dwarves.  I haven't encountered goblin snatches before, so I'm not sure what sort of things to expect from them, but I'm at a lost as to what happened to him and where he is now.

Edit:  Speak of the devil, my Dwarves just ran into a goblin child snatcher and promptly pummeled him to death (although he took out one of my craftsdwarves) and low and behold, out popped the child.  Problem solved I guess.

[ September 04, 2007: Message edited by: Been ]

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LOST: 1 caged child
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:26:00 am »

Yeah, all goblin snatchers walk around with a bag (sometimes encrusted and sewn and whatnot) that they store children it. So the CAGED notice means there is a goblin snatcher somewhere in your fortress that you haven't seen yet. When I get that message, I immediately station some guards at the entrance to my fortress, in hopes of seeing him when he tries to leave.