Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

Who you're callin' "dwarf"?!

(1/3) > >>

Sean Mirrsen:
I've started a human fort recently. First thing in the summer, a caravan barges in, and with it a liaison, and a merchant guild representative. The liaison was quickly tasked with bringing more food next time, and left. The representative managed to annoy me twice. First when he asked me the same question "what requests do you have of our merchants?", and when he left, he said something along the lines of "fare well to you and your stout dwarves"...Toady, I know you've already adressed the race name issue in several places, like the embark screen and the orders screen. But these things keep popping up. In the embark message, as well, "whether with bolt, plow, or hook, provide for your dwarves". That one may be more difficult (and less critical, as I only look at the fort name in that screen), but it's not complete when it's not complete.  ;)

sorbius:
If you're starting a HUMAN fort then you're using a mod?
So it's not really a bug since the only playable race in DF is dwarves, so the fact that the liason speeches don't recognize race doesn't matter since you can only be dwarves in DF right now, I'm sure when the standard game allows you to play as humans this will be addressed.

Kagus:
I would like to voice my support of this.  I too enjoy playing as creatures other than dwarves, and it would be nice for that to be recognized.I doubt that a human village settling on the shore of some lake will have much of an effect on "a new chapter of Dwarven history", but who knows.  I may be wrong.

Citizen of Erl:
This wouldn't be a bad idea after more important things are dealt with; of which there are many.

sorbius:
This should really have been posted in the mod thread since it's a bug with the mod, not with standard DF.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version